2020/04/18 05:28:18
superfufuze
@flonkam
DX12 mono gpu Vs Vulkan multi gpu with same graphicals settings (see my post above for graphicals settings details).
Measurements here are without V-sync to show "net fps increase" (but as i said i prefer V-sync because my screen doesn't allow more than 60 fps) 

Hope it help ;) 
Cheers

Attached Image(s)

2020/04/18 07:31:52
Eclipscion
Hi all, this seems to be one of the more active online discussions around still getting the game to work properly with multiple GPUs lol. With the latest patch, I thought I could finally enjoy a high framerate experience with my 2 980Tis in the Vulkan API, as my main issue before the April patch was the cutscene flickering and the horrendous water artifacts. 

However, it turns out that my joy was shortlived, as running Vulkan with multiple GPU and TAA results in flickering but only in towns, particularly when I'm near buildings and architecture. Oddly enough this happens in daytime, as I tested it out during night and I didn't notice any flickering. I know TAA gets a lot of flak for blurring the textures but I think the AA is pretty efficient. But even when I then tried FXAA and disabling TAA, I realised that the fog and particle effects just became very pixelated, and comical to the point where the effects are basically just huge moving cubes.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered the same issues with the latest patch? I wonder how long we have to wait until we can get it to run perfectly...
2020/04/18 09:38:30
Flonkam
superfufuze...DX12 mono gpu Vs Vulkan multi gpu with same graphicals settings...

Thanks!
2020/04/18 17:14:10
pfk505
@Eclipscion it's never going to be perfect. I had the same issues as you before (cutscenes and water) which are now fixed. I still get the odd bit of flickering in towns and buildings but its vastly improved. Too bad the tradeoff for me is that the game now crashes every time I pause. Can be worked around but still very annoying.

As for scaling, I'm at about 45fps average with one card, 60fps with two (3440x1440, HUB settings)
2020/04/23 14:33:39
goovich
Wierd thing, some report crash on map while on my side game just hangs after loading the game and pressing "Esc" or "menu" button on Xbox controller. No GFX_ERROR just hangs so I have to "End task" through Task Manager.

2020/04/23 16:42:29
pfk505
@goovich, same problem I have been experiencing and noted here a few days ago. I managed to fix the map crashing by switching to Fullscreen from Windowed Borderless, but the game still crashes when I pause (either via ESC or options button on DS4 controller).
2020/04/23 19:55:40
goovich
pfk505
@goovich, same problem I have been experiencing and noted here a few days ago. I managed to fix the map crashing by switching to Fullscreen from Windowed Borderless, but the game still crashes when I pause (either via ESC or options button on DS4 controller).

Well, at least I'm not alone. Seems like Vulkan issue on Devs side, tried different drivers and issue exists in all of them, no matter standard or vulkan beta drivers.
2020/05/02 04:12:08
uggis007
Is the Nvidia sharpening no longer possible in this game?
2020/05/04 22:50:31
goovich
The latest patch seems to fix the issue with a crash on pause.
2020/05/05 02:40:44
uggis007
Is there a patch notes?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account