2020/04/12 13:32:28
MrSmitty556
System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
Core i7-6700K @ 4.00
32GB DDR4 3200
2x EVGA 1080Ti Founders @ +125/+400 (no SLI)
Custom EKWB Loop

Game Settings:

Resolution: 3840x2160
Screen Type: Fullscreen
V-Sync: On
Triple Buffering: On
========================
Texture Quality: Ultra
AF: 16x
Lighting: Ultra
Global Illumination: Ultra
Shadows: Ultra
Far Shadows: Low
AO: Ultra
Reflection: Ultra
Mirror: Medium
Water: Custom
Volumetrics: Ultra
Particle: Ultra
Tessellation: Ultra
TAA: Medium
FXAA: On
MSAA: Off
========================
API: DirectX 12
Near Volumetric: Ultra
Far Volumetric: Ultra
Volumetric Lighting: Ultra
Unlocked VRR: Off
Particle Lighting: Ultra
Soft Shadows: Ultra
Grass Shadows: High
Long Shadows: On
Full Res SSAO: On
Water Refraction: High
Water Reflection: High
Water Physics: 75%
Resolution Scale: Off
TAA Sharpening: 75%
Motion Blur: Off
Reflection MSAA: Off
Geometry LOD: 100%
Grass LOD: 100%
Tree Quality: Ultra
Parallax Occlusion Mapping: Ultra
Decal: Ultra
Fur: High
Tree Tessellation: On
2020/04/13 01:01:57
Flonkam
MrSmitty556

Alright, thanks for the information!
2020/04/14 15:20:50
shafat
if you get rid of tree tessellation, you ll get a significant fps boost
2020/04/15 08:34:56
MrSmitty556
shafat
if you get rid of tree tessellation, you ll get a significant fps boost

I tried that, I don't really see any difference in performance.
2020/04/16 11:40:39
BaDBoY_uK
Wow. The Social Club app updated and now my game crashes the Launcher and wont load at all. Fine yesterday. Broken today. Awesome.
Did a full reinstall and nothing works
2020/04/16 12:27:44
Flonkam
BaDBoY_uK
Wow. The Social Club app updated and now my game crashes the Launcher and wont load at all. Fine yesterday. Broken today. Awesome.
Did a full reinstall and nothing works

That's just one of many reasons I would never even think about paying anywhere near full price for a game without a demo these days--or a SP game with online DRM. It's not just me that suffers if I do that--it's the quality of video games in general.

Whatever treatment people support with their money is what they get more of. Since I don't gamble and I don't pirate, if a game has no demo I just wait until it's in the bargain bin.
2020/04/16 13:02:50
deathfromace
Running into the same issue here Badboy
2020/04/17 06:46:04
superfufuze
Hi Cowboys,

Dunno what happen but my game run very correctly with "almost" perfect cards scaling with pair of GTX 1080 ti’s and i see a real difference ingame.
Its maybe the best result till the beginning of the game with multi gpu and i was able to push a bit further my graphicals settings with gain power.

I will try to give some leads...its not definitive solution its just leads because i read some have problems with crashing and so on (so maybe it could help)
and i didn't get any problems last days.

Windows 10 – 64 pro 1909 version 10.0.18363
NV drivers 445.87 using Direct Driver Uninstall
No added argument in R* launcher
i vsync the game at my max framerate 60fps on a 2160p monitor.
have a bit OC to both cards to push a bit to 2012 to 2025 Mhz & VRAM +400 Mhz.

Every time and after all update, i try to check the game library with embedded tools in rockstar game launcher.
Then i delete « pipe » files into C:\Users\ « PCname »\Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings
You will find 6 files starting by « sga » (4 for Vulkan API and 2 for Win32) delete all those 6 files.

Then launch the game and first go in parameters (first) and select DX12 API, then go in story mode (wait a bit) (check if there is some crash or strange behaviour) then close the game.

Start the game again and go in parameters (first) and select Vulkan API and launch story mode

(this is just to reconstruct deleted sga files bellow) and start to apply graphicals settings to your taste.

Restart system entirely

(i look for constant solid 60 fps with far possible settings) what is see is that the cards are in green area around 85% usage with max clock but upper like more than 91% usage it start to downclock and in some areas its possible to get a fps drops and i don't want that. so keep it under 91% loading usage at max of the case.

Share my graphicals settings if its help (can't push much than this without fps drop)  

Resolution: 3840x2160
Fullscreen
Vsync: On
Triple Buffering:  Off
========================
Texture quality: Ultra
AF: 16x
Lighting: High
Global illumination: High
Shadows: High
Far shadows: High
AO : High
Reflection: High
Mirror: High
Water: Custom
Volumetrics: Custom
Particle: High
Tessellation: High
TAA: Off
FXAA: On
MSAA: Off
========================
API: Vulkan
Near volumetric: Low
Far volumetric: Medium
Volumetric lighting: High
Unlocked VRR: No
Particle lighting: High
Soft shadows: High
Grass shadows: High
Long shadows: Yes
Full res SSAO: Off
Water refraction: High
Water reflection: High
Water physics: [2/4]
Resolution scale: Off
TAA Sharpening: [0%]
Motion blur: Off
Reflection MSAA: Off
Geometry LOD: [3/5]
Grass LOD: [6/10] or [5/10]
Tree quality: High
Parallax occlusion mapping: High
Decal: high
Fur: High
Trees Tesslation : Off

Adding a bit adaptative sharpen on top of that by nvidia 3D settings parameters into drivers.

Multi gpu scale very well to 75% in empty area between Valentine & Emerald Ranch and up to 97 to 98% in hard area like cripps camp by night or under prohibited bar with musicians 😉  
Fps is very stable to 60 fps in 98% of the case and 58 fps drops sometimes (due to loading i don't have it instal on my SSD) but in a second return stabilize to 60 fps.

i test to try to enable Async mode under user.cfg settings but it crash my game twice so i went back on that point.

Tested over 40 hours online playin you will experience small clipping over volumetric fog and some textures like the « blood over the Rhodes butcher apron ». Very strange i test a lot but was unable to avoid it
But if you find a way i'll take it ;)

For me its definitively the best result i ever got with multi gpu on RDR2.
This morning i get a « gfx error » on start, i reboot pc and all ok by now.

Hopes its help.
Cheers
2020/04/17 16:49:47
uggis007
Did something happen from yesterday to today? I played the game yesterday, and no flimring at all. But when I played 30 min today, the flimring was back.. im running an SLI setup with gsync.
2020/04/18 04:06:40
Flonkam
superfufuzeHi Cowboys,

Thanks for posting your results. One thing, though: You list your utilization, but I didn't see the actual difference in framerates between single card and SLI.

Since there can be significant differences between utilization and actual output, can you list the actual framerate improvements that you experienced?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account