2020/04/02 11:04:27
Baasha
DLSS 2.0 is not implemented in RDR2 AFAIK. Can someone else confirm?
2020/04/03 03:17:30
Flonkam
The April 2nd patch--very surprisingly--mentioned multiple SLI-specific fixes related to both performance/stability and graphical bugs. Can anyone determine whether the patch delivers a real, substantial difference for performance and visuals? Basically, whether it makes SLI a legitimate option without significant drawbacks?
2020/04/05 10:17:53
pfk505
Cutscene flickering issue is fixed with April 2 patch.

Now I get a crash every time I open my map though.

Edit: not every time it seems, deleting sga files may have helped.
Edit2: deleting sga files results in pause/map working ok for about 20 minutes tops, then it inevitably crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?
Edit3: fixed by switching from Windowed Borderless to Fullscreen, for anyone reading this later. The game is still janky though, had a couple other crashes not seemingly related to this problem already.
2020/04/07 00:31:59
superfufuze
Hi great Cowboys,

Playin a bit online today after consulting the tread here ;)
(1 month i didn't play RDR2)
2nd April patch (patch note with fixs for mgpu tech) installed and activated Mgpu under Vulkan API with NV 445.75 drivers, keepin the same graphicals settings posted with a bit NV driver included "sharpening" till my last post and ?
Nothing consitant at all !
Maybe some visual glitches solved but to be honnest i didn't see anythings going better or less...
Always be oblige to use "parameter switch" borderless to Fullscreen mode to try to ramdomely "synchronize" Multigpu loading values to try to stabilize things.
game leaves me with this impression that "volumetric fog" is visualy not good as before and game tank more FPS.
SO really nothing new under the sun from my point of view.

Next big thing will be maybe when Vulkan 1.2 will be add in next drivers, ( hope soon)  when they finished tests in another driver branch.

AwwYerrArrrightGuurrl
2020/04/07 07:01:37
nycx360
There was a patch last night, seemed to have a vulkan update. I waited a bit to play this game due to all the launch bugs. I noticed the game restarts my system randomly with SLI. I considered it being the power supply, but it seems to do the same thing, if I have a seperate PSU powering just the gpus. I've stressed my system pulling more watts out the wall for hours and it's rock stable. After I changed it to full screen instead of windowed border-less, it just crashes or freezes instead. On my other system using 1 card in vulkan it works just fine.  
2020/04/07 12:01:56
Sajin
Baasha
DLSS 2.0 is not implemented in RDR2 AFAIK. Can someone else confirm?

Correct.
2020/04/10 06:23:14
RUN4Y0URL1F3
Guys, I can't believe it! The flickering during cutscenes has gone! 
Now I'm kinda angry with myself for finishing the game with such awful flickering, and for spending tens of hours trying to fix it.
I should have trusted the developers. A second playthrough is a must.
2020/04/10 08:45:50
MrSmitty556
So what is the final verdict right now for running this in SLI with 2x 1080TIs? Ive been trying to read back through but I'm not really seeing anything definitive. I've been running single GPU in DX12 for a while now, it's been relatively smooth but FPS obviously ins't that great. 4K with certain settings backed down to smooth it out. should I even mess with SLI?
2020/04/12 01:18:25
Flonkam
MrSmitty5564K with certain settings backed down to smooth it out. should I even mess with SLI?

If you get a chance, can you provide more information about what kind of settings you are using, and what kind of framerates you are getting at 4K with a 1080 Ti?

I have a 2080 Ti, and I have just taken it for granted that I would have no chance of running this game in 4K at a vsync-locked 60 fps on "smart max" settings until at least two more GPU generations have arrived. I'm already sorely frustrated that the traditional 14 month average GPU cycle for NVIDIA turned into 29 months between 10- and 20-Series, and is looking like it's going to be another 24+ month cycle again--the last thing that is needed when the market is trying to adopt a massive increase in pixel output (which is unfortunately much more important than it used to be given the utter lack of functional and efficient MSAA in today's console-oriented deferred renderers).
2020/04/12 06:36:01
MrSmitty556
I usually get frame rates in the high 40s but it’s smooth and consistent. No artifacts or stuttering or anything weird so it’s definitely playable. Saint Denis at night hits a little harder, especially with driver updates in the past couple months. I’ll post up settings and specs when I can tomorrow.

I tried messing around with SLI back in Nov/Dec but it was just never consistent. Even if it worked and I was getting more frames, the game wasn’t ‘playable’. It didn’t feel smooth. So I said screw it, I don’t have the time anymore to try and make this BS work right. I was spending more time on that than actually playing the game.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account