2020/02/17 08:25:30
Flonkam
olrdtg
I'm still kinda baffled as to why R* enabled multi-gpu on Vulkan, but not on DX12. :\

Doesn't the evidence suggest that if multi-gpu functions in any way at all, it's unrelated to any effort on Rockstar's part?
2020/02/17 09:47:35
olrdtg
Flonkam
Doesn't the evidence suggest that if multi-gpu functions in any way at all, it's unrelated to any effort on Rockstar's part?

I was always under the impression multi-GPU had to be something the developers enabled in a game.
I've yet to find a DX12 or Vulkan game where it just works, even a little bit without the devs adding support, but I may be wrong.

It's unfortunate CFR is unplayable in its current state, but it's not a surprise. CFR is a feature currently in very early testing. It causes crashing on pretty much any game you throw at it. I'm surprised RDR2 ran for as long as it did without crashing when I tested it. SFR is slightly less buggy, but still pretty unplayable with trees and shadows flickering in and out and our good friend ERR_GFX_STATE.

I just want a stable SLI experience with this game, heck, a stable experience with this game period. I had to put the game down shortly after release as even on a single card it was crashing constantly.
I'm hoping all of the issues are fixed soon. R* has done an outstanding job with SLI support in GTA V, hoping they get it all worked out for RDR2.
2020/02/17 15:35:02
Nowawaka
olrdtg
Flonkam

I was always under the impression multi-GPU had to be something the developers enabled in a game.
I've yet to find a DX12 or Vulkan game where it just works, even a little bit without the devs adding support, but I may be wrong.

It's unfortunate CFR is unplayable in its current state, but it's not a surprise. CFR is a feature currently in very early testing. It causes crashing on pretty much any game you throw at it. I'm surprised RDR2 ran for as long as it did without crashing when I tested it. SFR is slightly less buggy, but still pretty unplayable with trees and shadows flickering in and out and our good friend ERR_GFX_STATE.

I just want a stable SLI experience with this game, heck, a stable experience with this game period. I had to put the game down shortly after release as even on a single card it was crashing constantly.
I'm hoping all of the issues are fixed soon. R* has done an outstanding job with SLI support in GTA V, hoping they get it all worked out for RDR2.

When I played this game I actually had to remove one of my 2080tis and ran vulkan because vulkan still tried to use both even with it disable or with the bridge removed. Once I did that it never crashed on me at all , but DX12 on the other hand was trash for me. I know they fixed that issue but by then I was already pretty much finished playing. I also don't think SLI in GTA V is all that great you have to crank up the AA and other setting for the game to use more than 50% of my 2080s and it has terrible slow down in areas. So unless your using a custom profile then I would like to know what profile your using its decent I wouldn't call it great, but yes a hell of a lot belter than RDR but GTA is dx11 and rdr is vulkan or dx12. Then you have a crap game like Zombie smtg played it so much I forgot the name lol but SLI worked great in DX12 and Vulkan but even with Hotfix driver I posted earlier it still has HDR issues in vulkan not as bad but nor perfect but dx12 SLI and HDR runs great. R* probably alone made more on in game card sell than that company has made over multiple titles and yet there **** works on day one.

2020/02/17 21:40:23
olrdtg
Nowawaka
 I also don't think SLI in GTA V is all that great you have to crank up the AA and other setting for the game to use more than 50% of my 2080s and it has terrible slow down in areas. So unless your using a custom profile then I would like to know what profile your using its decent I wouldn't call it great, but yes a hell of a lot belter than RDR but GTA is dx11 and rdr is vulkan or dx12. Then you have a crap game like Zombie smtg played it so much I forgot the name lol but SLI worked great in DX12 and Vulkan but even with Hotfix driver I posted earlier it still has HDR issues in vulkan not as bad but nor perfect but dx12 SLI and HDR runs great. R* probably alone made more on in game card sell than that company has made over multiple titles and yet there **** works on day one.

That doesn't sound right, you might want to check if everything is working properly for you in GTA V. When I play GTA V, it runs like an absolute dream in SLI, 4K max stable 60 fps or 1440p 120fps. I get a few dips in the city, but it's quite rare, and never drops below 50, but it wasn't always like that. When I first installed the game, put in a few mods, it ran like crap. 60 fps sometimes, mostly 45 ~ 58 in the city or with a lot of traffic around. I found some posts on Steam and reddit that helped me get things running smooth. But, one thing I've learned with RAGE games, if the game doesn't like one thing about your OS or drivers, it'll either run like crap or crash constantly. I'd get more into it but I don't want to get too far off topic here. If you are having trouble with GTA V SLI performance and stability, poke around here, Steam and reddit.
And yeah, I've seen some indie games that run great with SLI right out of the gate, yet these AAA companies can't seem to have a decent launch anymore. I honestly believe it has to do with the "release now, patch later" mentality. These companies set shorter and shorter deadlines for bigger and more ambitious games, then release them in a broken state to meet said deadlines and figure they can just patch the game up later. :(
2020/02/18 02:13:08
RUN4Y0URL1F3
Well, I finished the story.

Great game, but ruined by the frequent flickering during cutscenes. I’m thinking that perhaps I shouldn’t have played the game like this.

I will play it again once the flickering is gone.
2020/02/18 08:30:39
Nowawaka
olrdtg
Nowawaka
 I also don't think SLI in GTA V is all that great you have to crank up the AA and other setting for the game to use more than 50% of my 2080s and it has terrible slow down in areas. So unless your using a custom profile then I would like to know what profile your using its decent I wouldn't call it great, but yes a hell of a lot belter than RDR but GTA is dx11 and rdr is vulkan or dx12. Then you have a crap game like Zombie smtg played it so much I forgot the name lol but SLI worked great in DX12 and Vulkan but even with Hotfix driver I posted earlier it still has HDR issues in vulkan not as bad but nor perfect but dx12 SLI and HDR runs great. R* probably alone made more on in game card sell than that company has made over multiple titles and yet there **** works on day one.

That doesn't sound right, you might want to check if everything is working properly for you in GTA V. When I play GTA V, it runs like an absolute dream in SLI, 4K max stable 60 fps or 1440p 120fps. I get a few dips in the city, but it's quite rare, and never drops below 50, but it wasn't always like that. When I first installed the game, put in a few mods, it ran like crap. 60 fps sometimes, mostly 45 ~ 58 in the city or with a lot of traffic around. I found some posts on Steam and reddit that helped me get things running smooth. But, one thing I've learned with RAGE games, if the game doesn't like one thing about your OS or drivers, it'll either run like crap or crash constantly. I'd get more into it but I don't want to get too far off topic here. If you are having trouble with GTA V SLI performance and stability, poke around here, Steam and reddit.
And yeah, I've seen some indie games that run great with SLI right out of the gate, yet these AAA companies can't seem to have a decent launch anymore. I honestly believe it has to do with the "release now, patch later" mentality. These companies set shorter and shorter deadlines for bigger and more ambitious games, then release them in a broken state to meet said deadlines and figure they can just patch the game up later. :(

Well I have everything maxed and yes 90% it is butter smooth except right out side of the city and it will dip down in the 40s all other places it normally 70-100 @ 5120x1440 and yes it never crashes unless I get suck on a white screen after finishing a heist. I know at one point I didn't have these slow down and you can even see it in pass 2 of the benchmark the percent drops about 10% compared to the other areas. I mostly get the slow down when there is a lot of tree and veg. Im sure I can try dropping that detail a little lower but really havnt took the time to try and fix it since it only really happens for about 5 secs in a couple spot then jumps back up. I have to crank the AA settings up to x8 in cpl to see high GPU usages otherwise its in the 50s don't get me wrong its a good 30 or more fps than a single card. I may take a few minutes and try to find some stuff to smooth it out.
2020/02/18 09:37:59
Nowawaka
olrdtg
Nowawaka

Well after actually playing with it for about 5 min I figured out what was causing the slow down. It was the EDS (Extended Display Scaling) setting under advanced I had it maxed out and that would drop my Pass 1 above 60fps percentage down to 65% and the other passes would all be 97% or above. I disabled it completely and it made the percentage jump to high 90% on pass 1 and also GPU usage seems to have gone up into the 70% range.  
2020/02/21 07:01:38
pfk505
Anyone seeing any differences with the Feb 20 game update (still no patch notes)? I won't be able to try it out until tomorrow.
2020/02/21 07:24:55
EVGATech_BrandonO
Wow. Interesting thread to read. I was under the impression that this had no SLI support whatsoever but it seems some of you guys
have gotten this to work. Some issues as expected but working nonetheless. Good job guys!
2020/02/21 09:01:50
arestavo
It's almost as if game devs in huge companies can't do things that end users and small game devs can.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account