2020/02/14 10:39:36
Johnny 5
I've been following this thread closely and for the time being I've held off on getting RDR2, as I'd want it to make good use of my 2 aging SLIed Titan Black cards. I'm hoping to give it a go sooner or later, but we'll see.

Seems it's running alright for some on updated drivers and the like, but still generally rather flaky. Hoping for some better news, as running the game decently on my system would need to make effective use of my cards.
2020/02/14 16:13:03
Nowawaka
This Hotfix driver resolves the following issues:

• [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan]: Game may display flicker when in game HDR is enabled
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Random crash during gameplay on Pascal and older GPUs
  • [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset
  • Twitch Studio shows corruption when Image Sharpening is enabled globally from the NVIDIA Control Panel
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed crashes when playing in a water level
https://nvidia.custhelp.c...swers/detail/a_id/4994
2020/02/14 17:33:00
BaDBoY_uK
I just had a new GFX_ERR crash using Vulkan and SLI
Please dont tell me it's back
2020/02/15 00:27:05
RUN4Y0URL1F3
BaDBoY_uK

Last night I was playing the first chapter in the mountains, and the game crashed twice in the space of an hour 😡
2020/02/16 01:38:23
olrdtg
RUN4Y0URL1F3
BaDBoY_uK

Last night I was playing the first chapter in the mountains, and the game crashed twice in the space of an hour 😡

Playing tonight I had 4 ERR_GFX_STATE crashes in the span of 2 hours, ended up playing GTA instead. I really hope they fix this crash.

I'd also be curious to see how Nvidias new CFR SLI rendering mode works when playing in DX12 mode. I may give it a try tomorrow.
2020/02/16 16:09:01
pfk505
olrdtg

I'd also be curious to see how Nvidias new CFR SLI rendering mode works when playing in DX12 mode. I may give it a try tomorrow.

I've been wondering about that for a while but didn't realize it was actually usable yet? Please report back on how it goes!
2020/02/16 22:40:19
olrdtg
I was editing this post too fast and it disappeared.
pfk505

olrdtg

I've been wondering about that for a while but didn't realize it was actually usable yet? Please report back on how it goes!

I tested CFR SLI in DX12 AND it works! Both GPUs scaling at 96 ~ 98%. Performance is only slightly improved over a single card though, maybe by like 10fps :(

Also there is this weird artifacting, these green squares on screen only appearing with CFR enabled. I really hope Nvidia doesn't ditch CFR and continues working on it. This shows a bit of promise. I can't play RDR2 in Vulkan with SLI for longer than 20 minutes before getting ERR_GFX_STATE issues.

Here's my profile from nvidia inspector if anyone wants to try it, just import it and make sure to set your game to DirectX 12. Lemme know if you experience any weird issues.

https://drive.google.com/...H3hp9/view?usp=sharing

I've also attached some images of the profile settings if you just want to set them yourself.

0x00000002 bits for both SLI DX10+11 and DX12

0x00000005 for NVLink SLI mode

0x00000001 for SLI CFR Mode

EDIT: here is a screenshot of the strange artifacts that appear using CFR mode in DX12 - https://imgur.com/iCeU1nL

Only happens in DX12 with CFR on, guessing it's either AA or a visual effect going wonky with the checkerboard rendering

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, I played like this for over an hour with no crashes. Performance is very sub-par compared to Vulkans mGPU in the game though. I get a pretty stable 60 FPS at 4K with every setting maxed out except for reflections in Vulkan with SLI. Using CFR it was up and down a lot, swinging between 40 and 54 fps and dips into the 30s in intensive areas. This still beats single card performance for me which usually sat around 40 fps with dips sometimes going into the 20s. I can only hope nvidia finishes their work and gets CFR all worked out so we can use it and get some performance benefit from it. It's quite promising in DX12 games that have raytracing but no form of SLI or mGPU support. I'm still kinda baffled as to why R* enabled multi-gpu on Vulkan, but not on DX12. :\

EDIT 3: Loading the game with this profile, if you close and restart the game, it's likely it'll crash. Delete the d3d12 pipeline files and it should load up. Once I'm in game, I haven't experienced a crash yet. But I close and restart, it gets crashy'. So if you start the game a second time, delete those pipeline files and you will be good to go.

EDIT 4: https://youtu.be/y94fts2Ceuc - I recorded some footage of the glitches that happen using CFR mode. I've tried tinkering with the TAA, FXAA and some other lighting and volumetrics settings, and they don't go away. :\ Also, apparently using the Windows game bar to record tanks your frame rate. Add about 9 fps to the counter at the bottom left in the video for the actual FPS

Attached Image(s)

2020/02/17 04:09:45
RUN4Y0URL1F3
olrdtg
I was editing this post too fast and it disappeared.
pfk505

olrdtg

I tested CFR SLI in DX12 AND it works! Both GPUs scaling at 96 ~ 98%. Performance is only slightly improved over a single card though, maybe by like 10fps :(

Also there is this weird artifacting, these green squares on screen only appearing with CFR enabled. I really hope Nvidia doesn't ditch CFR and continues working on it. This shows a bit of promise. I can't play RDR2 in Vulkan with SLI for longer than 20 minutes before getting ERR_GFX_STATE issues.

Here's my profile from nvidia inspector if anyone wants to try it, just import it and make sure to set your game to DirectX 12. Lemme know if you experience any weird issues.

https://drive.google.com/...H3hp9/view?usp=sharing

I've also attached some images of the profile settings if you just want to set them yourself.

0x00000002 bits for both SLI DX10+11 and DX12

0x00000005 for NVLink SLI mode

0x00000001 for SLI CFR Mode

EDIT: here is a screenshot of the strange artifacts that appear using CFR mode in DX12 - https://imgur.com/iCeU1nL

Only happens in DX12 with CFR on, guessing it's either AA or a visual effect going wonky with the checkerboard rendering

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, I played like this for over an hour with no crashes. Performance is very sub-par compared to Vulkans mGPU in the game though. I get a pretty stable 60 FPS at 4K with every setting maxed out except for reflections in Vulkan with SLI. Using CFR it was up and down a lot, swinging between 40 and 54 fps and dips into the 30s in intensive areas. This still beats single card performance for me which usually sat around 40 fps with dips sometimes going into the 20s. I can only hope nvidia finishes their work and gets CFR all worked out so we can use it and get some performance benefit from it. It's quite promising in DX12 games that have raytracing but no form of SLI or mGPU support. I'm still kinda baffled as to why R* enabled multi-gpu on Vulkan, but not on DX12. :\

EDIT 3: Loading the game with this profile, if you close and restart the game, it's likely it'll crash. Delete the d3d12 pipeline files and it should load up. Once I'm in game, I haven't experienced a crash yet. But I close and restart, it gets crashy'. So if you start the game a second time, delete those pipeline files and you will be good to go.

EDIT 4: https://youtu.be/y94fts2Ceuc - I recorded some footage of the glitches that happen using CFR mode. I've tried tinkering with the TAA, FXAA and some other lighting and volumetrics settings, and they don't go away. :\ Also, apparently using the Windows game bar to record tanks your frame rate. Add about 9 fps to the counter at the bottom left in the video for the actual FPS

CFR is unplayable. Too many artefacts.

Crashing has stopped for me after I installed the hotfix driver.
2020/02/17 07:05:15
BaDBoY_uK
Can confirm CFR doesn't work as intended for RDR2. Too many awful glitches that get worse if you up the quality to ULTRA
2020/02/17 08:14:35
Nowawaka
BaDBoY_uK
Can confirm CFR doesn't work as intended for RDR2. Too many awful glitches that get worse if you up the quality to ULTRA

I was thinking someone had tried it awhile back and had no luck with it. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account