2020/02/05 08:22:42
skywalkermibnasa46
hexum23
Did a clean install of 442.19 and played for about a half hour last night. I didn’t have any crashes, flickering, and the game seemed to run much smoother overall. This was with g sync on, full screen, Vulkan, using hardware unboxed settings. Sounds promising but I don’t want to say everything is fixed until I have the time to put in a solid couple hour session.

Noop,U r wrong cause it is still flickering like hell in the cutsence and the footage which is full of volumtirc lighing and fog~~~U can reproduct this by selecting the last section in the Chatper 2~~
2020/02/05 18:02:35
olrdtg
Gave this game a break for a good while, going to give it another shot. I loaded it up and played for about 2 hours last night until it crashed with ERR_GFX_STATE, but I think that was due to me forgetting to turn off my GPU overclock. Going to try again tonight.
Can we use HDR with SLI yet? Or does using HDR still result in constant crashing?
2020/02/06 08:17:06
tommsgevga13111
Hi Guys,

Been playing around with this, I am using 2x 2080 Supers. Tried just about every suggestion I can find on the web, and nothing will stop the flickering on cut scenes. Crashing happens but its quite infrequent so I could live with that, if it was the only issue. It is frustrating becase the performance increase in terms of FPS is quite considerable (90fps vs 50fps)

In anyone still playing around with this and have any fresh suggestions for flickering cut scenes in particular?

Many Thanks
2020/02/06 08:51:56
goovich
tommsgevga13111
Hi Guys,

Been playing around with this, I am using 2x 2080 Supers. Tried just about every suggestion I can find on the web, and nothing will stop the flickering on cut scenes. Crashing happens but its quite infrequent so I could live with that, if it was the only issue. It is frustrating becase the performance increase in terms of FPS is quite considerable (90fps vs 50fps)

In anyone still playing around with this and have any fresh suggestions for flickering cut scenes in particular?

Many Thanks

Hi, seems like there is no way to eliminate flickering in RDR2 unless devs implement something from new Vuklan 1.2, maybe.
2020/02/06 20:04:48
pfk505
For me the flickering has mostly disappeared for whatever reason after playing on 441.99 for about 20 hours. Still some minor flickering at times during some cutscenes and at certain predictable times of day / lighting conditions, but its totally playable the vast majority of the time. Still getting the odd crash, there are some particularly problematic areas including Valentine just after dark, Horseshoe overlook in the early evening, and trying to approach the Rhoades fence in the early morning made me crash 3 times in a row. Right before crashing the graphics usually bug out. To fix it I camped until noon, went back and it was fine.

I'll definitely take this over how it was previously.
2020/02/07 11:37:11
Flonkam
Is the flickering the only SLI issue? I had thought that--in addition to all of the different bugs that still haven't been patched--there were several different kinds of glitches/graphical anomalies/etc. that occur if one tries to run in SLI?
2020/02/07 17:06:38
RUN4Y0URL1F3
Flonkam
Is the flickering the only SLI issue? I had thought that--in addition to all of the different bugs that still haven't been patched--there were several different kinds of glitches/graphical anomalies/etc. that occur if one tries to run in SLI?

The 2 most bothersome issues are the flickering (especially during cutscenes) and water artefacts.

I don’t know if anyone else noticed, but, if you get in the water, get out and look back at the water, ugly artefacts appear.
2020/02/08 05:32:54
Flonkam
RUN4Y0URL1F3
The 2 most bothersome issues are the flickering (especially during cutscenes) and water artefacts.

Oh, okay...thanks.
2020/02/13 05:57:58
ring0r
I dont want to deal with these problems anymore, I will avoid the game for now and deal with The Division 2 again ... these endless problems are simply not sustainable for me ... maybe there will be a strongen GPU then the 2080Ti ... so i dont need SLI anymore
2020/02/14 07:53:38
Flonkam
ring0r
...maybe there will be a strongen GPU then the 2080Ti ... so i dont need SLI anymore

There are many existing AAA games that I won't even buy or try to play yet, because I know that even a 2080 Ti is incapable of maintaining 60 fps at 3840x2160 and "smart max" settings with true antialiasing, especially since console-oriented deferred rendering engines make MSAA--if even available--simultaneously far more expensive and considerably less effective. (No, 4K does not eliminate the need for AA, because the perception of aliasing is not related to display resolution, but rather angular resolution: The combination of display resolution and viewing distance).

I haven't bothered with SLI since my twin GTX 260s. It's ridiculous that multi-GPU functionality is not fully solved and standardized in 2020. It's not a lack of capability--it's a lack of concern, resulting largely from the Great Consolization, in which the conception and development of AAA games, with few exceptions, switched to console hardware and console market sensibilities.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account