2019/05/18 08:30:03
bcavnaugh
Leonardohlb
I'm thinking of doing this because I have a 212x left over here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5WEgZhCec
But what about thermal paste the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better than the original thermal paste?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is good Thermal Paste, you will need to test it yourself to see if it is better or not than the OEM Paste

I highly recommend that you Do Not Do This

2019/05/18 08:41:16
Cool GTX
GTXJackBauer
Leonardohlb
So I can change everything if I want but I need to keep everything well maintained if I need the warranty and I should send everything assembled and complete as original...

Okay, thank you so much to everyone for these wonderful answers!

But what about thermal paste the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better than the original thermal paste?

It might be a slight improvement but that is all up to your personal preference.  I personally like MX-4 but might venture with Grizzly down the road some day but I really like MX-4 though. lol

+1

Doing a Quality application can make the biggest difference --> you Must cover the entire GPU & not trap Air bubbles

When trying to set Record in Benchmarking every degree C matters ---> Gaming - I doubt you will see a difference between any quality TIM ---> On Your Screen
2019/05/18 19:20:02
Leonardohlb
Cool GTX
GTXJackBauer
Leonardohlb
So I can change everything if I want but I need to keep everything well maintained if I need the warranty and I should send everything assembled and complete as original...

Okay, thank you so much to everyone for these wonderful answers!

It might be a slight improvement but that is all up to your personal preference.  I personally like MX-4 but might venture with Grizzly down the road some day but I really like MX-4 though. lol

+1

Doing a Quality application can make the biggest difference --> you Must cover the entire GPU & not trap Air bubbles

When trying to set Record in Benchmarking every degree C matters ---> Gaming - I doubt you will see a difference between any quality TIM ---> On Your Screen

-1 to EVGA The application of the factory thermal paste was with air bubbles, so I think it's very likely that I'll go change the thermal compound to make sure mine does not have these air bubbles. https://forums.evga.com/2080-Ti-Black-with-hybrid-cooler-m2955848.aspx
2019/05/18 20:12:49
Cool GTX
OK, just check the TIM & change it if you think its an issue on your card

Just be careful Not to cause any damage to the card
2019/05/18 21:40:30
Leonardohlb
Cool GTX
OK, just check the TIM & change it if you think its an issue on your card

Just be careful Not to cause any damage to the card

Do not worry, before you were born I was already doing mods on Soyo LGA478, after play the best NFSU on an MX200.
2019/05/24 06:24:43
Leonardohlb
Also allows bios exchange? From what I'm seeing are there bios that provide superior feed, or does EVGA already have those bios with consumption limits above the factory model? Is the board model 11G-P4-2281-KR this come with a standard 310w or 280w bios?
2019/05/24 10:14:43
GTXJackBauer
Leonardohlb
Also allows bios exchange? From what I'm seeing are there bios that provide superior feed, or does EVGA already have those bios with consumption limits above the factory model? Is the board model 11G-P4-2281-KR this come with a standard 310w or 280w bios?

That GPU which I also own is limited to 112% Power Target.  Check the other SKU's as they have higher Power Targets.  If you wanted a higher TP and for benching, that would cost you $400+.

You could use a 3rd party BIOS to increase it but you'll void your warranty so I think it's not worth it and you're not guaranteed it would improve anythging. 
2019/05/24 10:17:29
Sajin
Leonardohlb

Flashing the vbios to another won't void the warranty as long as you're able to restore the vbios to the original one before sending it in for service. The limits for that card is 250w default, and 280w max.

2019/05/24 10:19:15
GTXJackBauer
Sajin

Flashing the vbios to another won't void the warranty as long as you're able to restore the vbios to the original one before sending it in for service. The limits for that card is 250w default, and 280w max.

Can they still damage their GPU and what happens if they brick it?  Warranty still intact?
2019/05/24 10:22:05
Sajin
Damage won't occur as the card will still have all its protections in place when flashing to another vbios. Bricking the card is possible, but you can easily restore function to the card by following this guide if you do happen to brick the card.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account