2018/01/30 11:46:02
gr82banautiger
pozzallo
At least if you register your card with EVGA in the first 30 days of purchase you get a 3 year warranty on the card if it fails in that time period

Wouldn't flashing the bios void the warranty though?
2018/01/30 11:55:14
Sajin
gr82banautiger
pozzallo
At least if you register your card with EVGA in the first 30 days of purchase you get a 3 year warranty on the card if it fails in that time period

No. The kingpin comes with three vbioses, and as long as one of them remains unmodified your warranty will still be intact.
2018/01/30 11:57:54
gr82banautiger
Sajin
gr82banautiger
pozzallo

No. The kingpin comes with three vbioses, and as long as one of them remains unmodified your warranty will still be intact.

That is awesome.  Great job EVGA!
2018/01/30 16:49:38
YAKYAKRR
is it possible to brick your gpu from messing up the vbios update?

I'm moving from air to watercooling the kingpin, and want to ensure I get the most out of the card, without messing it up....
2018/01/30 17:39:32
Sajin
YAKYAKRR
is it possible to brick your gpu from messing up the vbios update?

I'm moving from air to watercooling the kingpin, and want to ensure I get the most out of the card, without messing it up....

Nope.
2018/02/01 18:36:07
maci4life
it looks sexy, but the higher fan speeds means louder card :(  noise + cost/value make it a no go for me.  
12mhz is with no bios update. I can't justify the difference :(
2018/02/05 23:31:44
Sajin
This thread got unpinned too? Interesting.
2018/02/08 06:51:48
CSN7
Would like to give you a Ribbon for it if I could! I think it's well deserved also for the courage to post some sensitive information publicly as an EVGA mod when you consider that the downloadlink for the bios got removed even from small kingpin forum previously. So this is a great opportunity for those who want their Kingpin to be what it's supposed to: A beast! I couldn't have achieved my scores without that bios. And flashing is super easy and safe procedure. You only have to disable your card in device manager before the flash, then re-enable, reboot, done.

On a side note, I would personally not recommend the bios on air cooling from my experience. Simple reason it allows the card  to draw more current, thus the chip gets hotter in situations that are on the edge in a benchmark run. Because the pascal architecture is so incredible temp sensitive it might fail a benchmark at a given frequency that would otherwise passed with the lower power target of the regular OC bios. That was my experience at least, I could take it a notch higher therefore score higher with the regular OC bios. So I take a small dip in frequency for a split second (it won't even show up in most monitoring tools but frequencies are always fluctuating) over a failed pass. Superposition is actually the best software I found that shows frequency fluctuation. And even on the 150% bios it does fluctuate in 8k superposition, ergo I would say power target reached (or at least a hiden power limit like the 117% from the FTW).

On water though it's a different story, temps are not so much an issue anymore, heat gets transfered away much quicker. There the Extreme Watercooling bios is highly recommended.
2018/02/10 18:36:24
Nervoize
Does this work for a FTW3 card?
2018/02/11 01:16:17
Sajin
Nervoize
Does this work for a FTW3 card?

Nope.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account