2017/12/09 10:24:56
Zaruchen
_Gir_
Zaruchen
Sajin
Looks like you got yourself a new defective card.

great, 3 in a row, haha. Id settle for a SC2 hybrid or something just to get away from this model. Holy crap thats depressing

Any new thoughts that it's something else?

i ruled out that it was my pc since i used a different build as well. THe first card that was defective had black screen crashing and constant flickering after doing all the troubleshooting steps. The second card has a bad factory overclock, since debug mode allows me to game and benchmark for over 10 hours just fine while before i could not get past 10 minutes.  The card i got yesterday because of the bad oc card, seems unresponsive, any attempt to change anything like fans or checking sensors will cause the system to hang and run at 2 fps until the program is closed. Performance on the card is 50% slower than the last rma card as well.

I have thoroughly checked my cpu pins and pci e slots, as well as tried a different pc for one of the cards and different pci slots, it seems that the cards are the only issue.
2017/12/09 10:33:32
AHowes
:) super bad luck... if there's someone else at the house.. have them open and install the next card!! And also power it up for ya!

Don't touch a thing so the bad luck voodoo vibe don't rub off on it.. just to be safe! Lol
2017/12/09 10:36:51
Zaruchen
AHowes
:) super bad luck... if there's someone else at the house.. have them open and install the next card!! And also power it up for ya!

Don't touch a thing so the bad luck voodoo vibe don't rub off on it.. just to be safe! Lol

haha for sure thanks
2017/12/09 11:50:36
_Gir_

Zaruchen

i ruled out that it was my pc since i used a different build as well. THe first card that was defective had black screen crashing and constant flickering after doing all the troubleshooting steps. The second card has a bad factory overclock, since debug mode allows me to game and benchmark for over 10 hours just fine while before i could not get past 10 minutes.  The card i got yesterday because of the bad oc card, seems unresponsive, any attempt to change anything like fans or checking sensors will cause the system to hang and run at 2 fps until the program is closed. Performance on the card is 50% slower than the last rma card as well.

I have thoroughly checked my cpu pins and pci e slots, as well as tried a different pc for one of the cards and different pci slots, it seems that the cards are the only issue.

I'm reaching here but when you tested with the other build was it using a different display and/or different display cable?  PSU/PSU cables?  

Unfortunate that one person could have such luck.  Sucks.  At least you're near the warehouse.
2017/12/09 12:28:48
AHowes
It's a good reach and worth asking.
2017/12/09 12:56:36
Zaruchen
_Gir_

Zaruchen

I'm reaching here but when you tested with the other build was it using a different display and/or different display cable?  PSU/PSU cables?  

Unfortunate that one person could have such luck.  Sucks.  At least you're near the warehouse.

I used a different psu entirely with its own cables, also from EVGA , GOLD 1000 my current is a EVGA 1000 T2, I used the same display as well to test the bad OC card too.

Heres some proof that its the same issue on a whole different build

I want to add also that i had this issue before with 2 other cards, I do not know why I am staying with the same brand if I am but I guess i wanted to give them a chance.

I had a GTX 580 and after about 3 cards, they gave me a 670 that worked to this day. I also have a gtx980ti and after 3 RMA cards, its still working to this day. Now with this 1080ti, i feel defeated and stupid for sticking with a brand that hasnt been too good to me.
2017/12/09 14:24:48
_Gir_
Zaruchen

I used the same display as well to test the bad OC card too.

Totally sympathize.  I went through two 980 Ti classifieds.  One was bad from the get-go and the other failed after 1.5 years.  

Even to me this sounds excessive but hey, we're here--Got a another screen/TV/ w/HDMI? just to eliminate that possibility?  I really don't know how there would be any impact on the card but it helps eliminate all other possibilities as it seems to be the last common issue.  Other than some common software that may be on both systems.
2017/12/09 14:47:30
Zaruchen
_Gir_
Zaruchen

I used the same display as well to test the bad OC card too.

Totally sympathize.  I went through two 980 Ti classifieds.  One was bad from the get-go and the other failed after 1.5 years.  

Even to me this sounds excessive but hey, we're here--Got a another screen/TV/ w/HDMI? just to eliminate that possibility?  I really don't know how there would be any impact on the card but it helps eliminate all other possibilities as it seems to be the last common issue.  Other than some common software that may be on both systems.

yes i tried it on a different set of monitors and tv HDMI these are fresh installs on both systems
2017/12/11 00:58:07
Squall_Rinoa86
when you contact them for a RMA, note the times you've had issues and ask politely if they can send you a new, from factory shrink wrapped box.

2017/12/11 08:39:56
Zaruchen
Squall_Rinoa86
when you contact them for a RMA, note the times you've had issues and ask politely if they can send you a new, from factory shrink wrapped box.

I asked for a new one and they gave me a brown box saying it's oem so I have no idea, but yeah I'd feel better if I got a true new card

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account