2017/11/25 09:03:08
Zaruchen
So i have noticed some odd things happening with my system. Whenever I start my system and get to the desktop there is a certain point where the system just hangs for 2 seconds every time on the dot, this would happen if I stayed at the login screen as well.  

I have tried removing all pcie and usb devices to troubleshoot and it would still do it. Reformatted twice just to make sure as well. Using the IGPU, I did not get this issue at all and I figured it might be caused by the GPU. I move the GPU to my second slot and it would still create this issue.  Finally, I noticed that it would not do this when the card's drivers are not installed but once it is, on any pcie slot, it would start the behavior again.
I have tested my CPU and memory over the next few days and all of them pass stress test and memtest, and all that jazz. So I am left with only one part that I am suspicious of.

Prior to this I noticed random lines that appear at the corner of my eye but its really hard to recreate. 3pixel high and 2 inch long green or red lines, just one that would flash quickly. I am unsure if this is because my GPU is the issue but Playing games and stress testing doesnt bring out any of the issues, cept one or two stutters.

Should I RMA this card? I do not have another system to test, but this is practically a new system since i built this last week

EDIT: From 2nd thread I made
So I recently had to RMA my 1080ti ftw3 and i got it back and its worse in terms of stability. It doesnt do this instantly it takes about 5-10 minutes before it shows the images. I tried everything:

-Fresh install
-Clean Drivers (DDU)
-Swapped PSU
-Old system ( i7 4970k) 
-Stock MOBO settings, No XMP
-Different PCI slot within new build.
-Memtest86+ for 10 hours
-AIda64 CPU stress with memory for 7 hours
-Realbench for 16 hours Stress test
-Prime95 for 10 hours
-Heaven Benchmark

The only item that showed no issue was using my old system for my GPU gave no issues. So is the motherboard defective?
My old card while unstable did last the whole day on heaven benchmark but this did not last more than 10 minutes.

2017/11/25 10:42:06
AHowes
Have you tried older nvidia drivers just encase it's them? Use ddu to remove all nvidia drivers first so there's no conflict. https://www.wagnardsoft.c...opic.php?f=5&t=925

Try 388.69 for kicks.. though it might be evga's pxoc as well since that lags opening.. takes like 6-7 secs to open on boot up.
2017/11/25 10:49:36
_Gir_
Anything reported in your Windows Event Viewer?

Latest BIOS for motherboard?

What about booting into safe mode?

I had something similar and it was my power supply failing.  Do you have second one to test?

There's also latency testing software that might reveal the offender.

2017/11/25 11:37:16
Sajin
Get the same issue when running some older drivers?
2017/11/25 11:51:38
Zaruchen
AHowes
Have you tried older nvidia drivers just encase it's them? Use ddu to remove all nvidia drivers first so there's no conflict. https://www.wagnardsoft.c...opic.php?f=5&t=925

Try 388.69 for kicks.. though it might be evga's pxoc as well since that lags opening.. takes like 6-7 secs to open on boot up.

I used DDU on a fresh install of windows and prevented it from automatically installing and I get the same issue.  

_Gir_
Anything reported in your Windows Event Viewer?

Latest BIOS for motherboard?

What about booting into safe mode?

I had something similar and it was my power supply failing.  Do you have second one to test?

There's also latency testing software that might reveal the offender.

Latest bios yes. Safemode does not do it since it does not use the driver. My powersupply is a month old and i would think every other component would be unstable if it was the case.  Games run just fine seldom a few stutters from gsync but thats it.

Sajin
Get the same issue when running some older drivers?

the oldest I have tried is 388.00 and still the same issue
2017/11/25 11:52:48
Sajin
Zaruchen

Try 385.41.
2017/11/25 12:04:10
Zaruchen
Sajin
Zaruchen

Try 385.41.

Same problem still sadly
2017/11/25 12:47:40
Sajin
Could be a windows bug. Might want to try loading a older version of windows 10.
2017/11/25 12:55:52
AHowes
Come to think of it I think I see the same pause your talking about but it's usually while waiting for pxoc to launch.. if I close it and reopen it the same pause will happen.. it's the damn pxoc!
2017/11/25 12:56:36
AHowes
Uninstall evga pxoc and see if you get the same problem.

I noticed this last night as I was constantly opening and closing pxoc as I was following s guide on how to get the damn led sync to work on my ftw3 since I'm not using the cooler anymore that failed.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account