2017/12/09 01:38:36
Zaruchen
Edome
One final thing you can do is to enable the other bios using the switch and see if that works.
Also, what happens if you try to change fans with Afterburner and not XOC Precision?

I tried both bioses and the same issue is there. Afterburner lets me change fans but anything else will cause it to hang and slow to 3 fps. I notice that all the sensors hit 0 for power limit and voltage.
2017/12/09 02:04:48
Edome
Good luck with the RMA, hope it's works out flawlessly this time.
2017/12/09 08:45:53
AHowes
When is the last time you removed pxoc?? Have you uninstalled it and deleted the evga folder before reinstalling?

Also the pic in pxoc. The voltage slider is at the min. And the 3 fan icons above the slider are not all blue. So only the gpu is set for auto. Also the osd is not turned on so you can watch the clocks and voltage?

Anyways.. crazy issue and I'm betting evga will again point to your new pc.

Have you tried another pci-e slot??

Pci-e power control is turned off under windows power management?

How about the z97 pc? You did test in that before with the other card.. did you test it with this one?

Would be great if you could test this card in another system.. pc tech shop even.

I'd be looking hard for proof it's not the pc and it's the card.
2017/12/09 08:57:52
Zaruchen
AHowes
When is the last time you removed pxoc?? Have you uninstalled it and deleted the evga folder before reinstalling?

Also the pic in pxoc. The voltage slider is at the min. And the 3 fan icons above the slider are not all blue. So only the gpu is set for auto. Also the osd is not turned on so you can watch the clocks and voltage?

How about the z97 pc? You did test in that before with the other card.. did you test it with this one?

Would be great if you could test this card in another system.. pc tech shop even.

i tried another pci slot, i can try another PC but I am pretty sure its the card. If it was the pc then the bad overclocked card should not work in debug mode and act the same as the "new" card. Debug mode on the old card can go for hours and be just fine.

I had a fresh windows installed and DDU as well, so PXOC wasn't the issue before. I just noticed that my 3dmark scores were stupid low.
I noticed as well that some of the sensors are reporting incorrect values, like power limits and all that

I feel the fact that I can play games and everything well on debug mode is proof enough that it isnt my PC
2017/12/09 09:02:26
rjohnson11
Zaruchen
AHowes

i tried another pci slot, i can try another PC but I am pretty sure its the card. If it was the pc then the bad overclocked card should not work in debug mode and act the same as the "new" card. Debug mode on the old card can go for hours and be just fine.

I had a fresh windows installed and DDU as well, so PXOC wasn't the issue before. I just noticed that my 3dmark scores were stupid low.
I noticed as well that some of the sensors are reporting incorrect values, like power limits and all that

Please contact EVGA tech support
2017/12/09 09:07:16
AHowes
Just stupid crazy. :/
2017/12/09 09:09:57
Zaruchen
rjohnson11
Zaruchen
AHowes

Please contact EVGA tech support

Yes I already contacted them, but its the weekend so I cant really send the card out. I live like 30 minutes away but I know thats not allowed either haha.

AHowes
Just stupid crazy. :/

Yeah it is, I hope i can just get this sorted out before the 19th when they stop doing RMAs
2017/12/09 09:18:53
AHowes
Good luck!
2017/12/09 09:22:32
chrisdglong
Wow, this is bad. 
2017/12/09 10:05:51
_Gir_
Zaruchen
Sajin
Looks like you got yourself a new defective card.

great, 3 in a row, haha. Id settle for a SC2 hybrid or something just to get away from this model. Holy crap thats depressing

Any new thoughts that it's something else?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account