2017/12/09 00:12:17
Sajin
All cards from the rma department are recertified cards. Only time you get a brand new card is if you have to rma within the first 30 days.
2017/12/09 00:13:11
Zaruchen
Sajin
All cards from the rma department are recertified cards. Only time you get a brand new card is if you have to rma within the first 30 days.

They told me it was new and the box is generic is because it's a oem for system builders
2017/12/09 00:21:42
Zaruchen
Here are a few more images of the benchmark and voltage

This is the Debug Bad OC card I got from an RMA

This one is the "NEW" card I got for the RMA
VOltages are stuck at 781 max

I reseated it as well and made sure its all flush and connected

Also note that any attempt to change anything will cause the computer to stutter and hang almost, forcing a restart. Only on the new card
2017/12/09 00:27:18
Sajin
Looks like you got yourself a new defective card.
2017/12/09 00:30:52
Zaruchen
Sajin
Looks like you got yourself a new defective card.

great, 3 in a row, haha. Id settle for a SC2 hybrid or something just to get away from this model. Holy crap thats depressing
2017/12/09 00:34:03
Edome
That's pretty bad luck right there.
The new card works only debug mode on?

Also, GPU-Z reports PCI-E 3.0 16x mode?
2017/12/09 00:36:04
Zaruchen
Edome
That's pretty bad luck right there.
The new card works only debug mode on?

the new card works but does not perform well, the voltage doesnt go past 781 like in the image. Debug mode does nothing for it either. Any attempt to try to change the fan settings or voltage  will cause a hang and bad stutter.

THe old bad card which has a bad unstable overclock. In debug mode, it runs fine, flawlessly as far as I know.
2017/12/09 00:51:51
Edome
Seems like you have already tried everything.

I would give them some feedback for their QC and ask for a new card this time, and maybe some compensation for having to debug the problem in vain.
2017/12/09 00:57:49
Zaruchen
Edome
Seems like you have already tried everything.

I would give them some feedback for their QC and ask for a new card this time, and maybe some compensation for having to debug the problem in vain.

i dont know what much they can do other than tell me that they didnt find any issues that I did. I do not know if they lied and sent me a refurbished card again but right now, this "new" card is bad
2017/12/09 01:12:54
Edome
One final thing you can do is to enable the other bios using the switch and see if that works.
Also, what happens if you try to change fans with Afterburner and not XOC Precision?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account