2017/12/05 17:31:47
Sajin
AHowes
Should be set to 16x. Though there not much difference between 8x and 16x.. maybe a percent or 2 in speed.

+1
2017/12/05 17:40:50
Zaruchen
AHowes
Should be set to 16x. Though there not much difference between 8x and 16x.. maybe a percent or 2 in speed.

yeah not sure why its stuck at 8x on z97, heaven so far doesn't cause the artifacting, furmark does at a lower gpu clock than heaven

Here is the driver crash and hard reset for furmark

And this is from OCCT

Attached Image(s)

2017/12/06 12:22:52
Zaruchen
Just wanted to add that EVGA is sending me a new card since its only been barely 2 months since i got the original card and hopefully no more issues.

Sajin
Could be a windows bug. Might want to try loading a older version of windows 10.

How would i return to an older version of windows 10 for the stuttering and hang at the login. I used the USB tool to install windows and I am pretty sure it uses the latest version sadly .

So without the driver installed (Basic Drivers from Microsoft) and using the IGPU, I do not get these stutters or small hangs. ONly when the drivers are installed it happens at the same point when starting up on the desktop. I tried a 1050TI as well as different PCI slot and it still happens after drivers are installed. I also tried removing all my pci addons and USB slot as well as a fresh install of windows and still happens at the indicated points. I just hope it isnt a motherboard issue haha, but I kind of doubt it.

I noticed that wmi provider host has 20% cpu usage spike after the 1-2 second stutter at logging in, what is that?
2017/12/06 13:46:47
AHowes
Don't you think if windows was the cause everyone would be talking about it??
2017/12/06 13:48:02
AHowes
Seems to me it's prob an anti virus running scanning mem or the windows folder on boot up.
2017/12/06 13:49:57
Sajin
AHowes
Don't you think if windows was the cause everyone would be talking about it??

Nope. Some bugs only affect certain setups.

2017/12/06 14:32:12
Zaruchen
Well as long as it's not the cpu or mobo I'm fine with that til more updates and drivers come for a pretty recent mobo and cpu haha, now to wait for the new card.
2017/12/06 16:10:09
AHowes
That makes more sense since it's a new chipset and gpu. Should be on those makers forums to see if anyone else is experiencing the same.. then you'll know it's that.

And why it's not happening on the older chipset.
2017/12/09 00:02:49
Zaruchen
Im about to break down and cry right now because of this issue. I got the new RMA card today, its NEW but theres a problem. It doesnt run as it should, its 50% slower than the bad card and the voltages are not properly raising to increase the performance. Any changes to the fan profiles on EVGA precision will cause the computer to stutter heavily.  Keep in mind the old card in debug mode works fine, it had a bad OC otherwise. I swapped the NEW card for the old one and it runs as it should in games and benchmarks.

I ran 3dmark and here are the results. This is the bad card on DEBUG MODE
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/23850205?

This is the new card i got 
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/2897251

It doesnt make sense to me. I doubt its my motherboard and CPU because if it was, then the results would have been the same.

I reinstalled windows and did DDU for both cards

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account