2018/01/16 11:53:50
Zaruchen
AHowes
Zaruchen
Stackermodder777
Zaruchen, did they end up charging you for the paint damage?

yeah they ended up charging me, I had no choice but to pay for it. No response from anyone else so far sadly.

How much?

It's not much but the issue is having to pay in the first place. Like 20 bucks

But that's like 20 cheeseburgers I could have gotten
2018/01/16 12:00:03
Stackermodder777
Zaruchen
Stackermodder777
Zaruchen, did they end up charging you for the paint damage?

yeah they ended up charging me, I had no choice but to pay for it. No response from anyone else so far sadly.

Wow...sorry to hear that. This is totally unacceptable, Zaruchen receives the card with the finish damaged, then he contacts EVGA to tell them that his new RMA card he just received has paint damage, then this card ends up needing to be RMA'ed for other reasons >>>Then EVGA charges him for the damaged finish<<<..WOW.

I just want to add that I ALMOST bought an Asus Strix 1080ti because it's quieter and runs cooler then the EVGA FTW3 1080ti. But hearing the horror stories that Asus support seems to be famous for made me go for the EVGA FTW3 1080ti that I ended up buying.

So I went with the FTW3 not because it was the best 1080ti out there (which it isn't), no, I went with it because of EVGA's awesome reputation for customer support.

But hearing what EVGA just put Zaruchen through makes me feel like their support is no better then Asus. So with that said, why should my next purchase be an EVGA card if EVGA's cards are no better AND CRUCIALLY their customer service seems no better? (Plus, add to this the PSU scratch forum I linked to).

I'm not impressed EVGA, in fact you may have just lost a future customer due to this, actually you may have just lost about three future customers from what others have wrote on Zaruchen's forum.

2018/01/16 13:12:53
AHowes
Well there still it's the only company I know that you don't void the warranty if one removes the cooler for whatever reason. So that's still a plus.

But after these 2 big issues I've encountered:

1080ftw black screen 100% fans.. never reported what the exact cause was..

1080ti ftw3 and kingpin 117% power locked even though there made and advertise them as 128-130% power over other cards and it's been over 6 months since it's been reported and no fix..

Now the ftw3 hybrid kit is damaging cards.. evga is voiding warranty if you break a fan header plug on the card.. but yet it's the shotty hybrid faulty cooler that's the cause of thst.. and it's making everyone card clock at 1599mhz. Most of the time permanently even after pitting the stock cooler back on.. and it's happening to many many people!

Seems one is best now to just buy a evga founders card (made and designed by Nvidia) and slap a water block on her and calling a year. Yes water block cause of the countless dead pumps o those hybrid cards thst are all made by the same company!
2018/01/16 13:16:18
AHowes
Anyways.. shocked it was only $20! But still! $20 bucks was worth doing to someone after all that they been threw with 3 rma's and even after they notified evga about it before hand.. not a move someone guilty of doing damage would ever do.. they would keep there mouth shut and hope it passes inspection!

So yeah. That $20 Was worth it over many future customers!
2018/01/16 14:00:56
Zaruchen
AHowes
Anyways.. shocked it was only $20! But still! $20 bucks was worth doing to someone after all that they been threw with 3 rma's and even after they notified evga about it before hand.. not a move someone guilty of doing damage would ever do.. they would keep there mouth shut and hope it passes inspection!

So yeah. That $20 Was worth it over many future customers!

yeah its not much and its a shroud. THey offered to send it back so i can swap it off my new card and i was like fine if they paid for shipping back and they said no I had to pay it. THe shipping would have costed me 20 bucks anyways so its absurd either way.
2018/01/16 14:17:16
Stackermodder777
Zaruchen

yeah its not much and its a shroud. THey offered to send it back so i can swap it off my new card and i was like fine if they paid for shipping back and they said no I had to pay it. THe shipping would have costed me 20 bucks anyways so its absurd either way.

That's even more proof that you never caused the damage in the first place, if you did they wouldn't have offered to send you a free replacement + shipping.

AHowes
Well there still it's the only company I know that you don't void the warranty if one removes the cooler for whatever reason. So that's still a plus.

Fair point, that is a huge plus. I myself had to remove the cooler on my replacement FTW3 because the temps are unusually high, so that is a much appreciated bonus. But that bonus is almost outweighed if EVGA is going to be unreasonably picky in other areas. 
2018/01/16 16:09:37
NvidiaFiend
Couldn't your SSD or other components also be an issue here?
2018/01/16 19:15:06
Zaruchen
NvidiaFiend

no because i tested everything on 2 different systems. Also I currently have a working card. But i had to pay for damages I did not cause, however small it is
2018/01/16 19:16:37
NvidiaFiend
Zaruchen
NvidiaFiend

no because i tested everything on 2 different systems. Also I currently have a working card. But i had to pay for damages I did not cause, however small it is

Ah, sorry to hear man. It's annoying when warranties don't work out.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account