2018/01/14 10:27:28
Sajin
AHowes
Bad batch going around?

Possibly.
2018/01/14 15:12:07
hopk2621
AHowes
Strange how on Amazon there's a lot of positive reviews on the cooler? Bad batch going around?

The problem with the Amazon reviews is that those reviews are not just for the 1080 Ti FTW3 kit, but also the kits for the 1080, 1070, and FE. 
2018/01/14 15:19:24
AHowes
hopk2621
AHowes
Strange how on Amazon there's a lot of positive reviews on the cooler? Bad batch going around?

The problem with the Amazon reviews is that those reviews are not just for the 1080 Ti FTW3 kit, but also the kits for the 1080, 1070, and FE. 

Ah. Forgot about that with Amazon! Yup that right there kills searching for reviews on amazon.. used to be great back when.
2018/01/14 15:54:59
dual109
Hi just got my AIO FTW3 kit from Newegg and had a quick look at the rear of the shroud where you have the metal grill. All seems to be OK with mine, nothing seems to be protruding and the tape is in place although it looks poorly applied and that area could still make contact with PCB in certain circumstances. I'll apply some PVC tape to the shroud or PCB just to be on the safe side during installation.  And for the record given the issues raised here I'm going to be extremely vigilant when installing the kit just in case the same issues arise as the others.

I'll post back when I get to it but heatwave conditions over the next few days so will prob wait until its a bit cooler.

2018/01/14 15:58:18
AHowes
Do shroud only.. wouldn't want it on the pcb as it would void warranty if you can't get it off cleanly.
2018/01/14 17:07:46
Zaruchen
My installation went fine as far as i know. The voltages are good on load, but my last rma on fan had the same issue everyones been having on here, it might have been a previous hybrid upgraded card maybe.

SilentMarket
I have two FTW3 1080Ti hybrid kits from Amazon. They all work fine though.

But during the installation, the metallic edge setup is not right on both of the shrouds. The metallic edge should be locked inside the shroud. It goes loose.

I've posted the problem before
https://forums.evga.com/FTW-3-Hybrid-Kit-is-kind-of-dangerous-m2741766.aspx

edit:
two more things may be important, on the lower end of the metallic edge there is a black electrical tape to avoid direct connection to the PCB. The tape covers the red circle shown below.

Be sure to check the metallic edge to see if the electrical tape is there. Better cover the area with a tape if it's not.

And does anyone notice this in the manual? The rubbers have a purpose placed in there.

You can find the rubber inserts in the same zipper the pump sticker was in, I did not notice it until i found it on the ground somewhere and installed it on later. Also keep in mind theres a cable youcan easily pinch when installing the screws in, and its a LED cable I think
2018/01/14 19:35:38
dual109
Zaruchen
My installation went fine as far as i know. The voltages are good on load, but my last rma on fan had the same issue everyones been having on here, it might have been a previous hybrid upgraded card maybe.

SilentMarket
I have two FTW3 1080Ti hybrid kits from Amazon. They all work fine though.

But during the installation, the metallic edge setup is not right on both of the shrouds. The metallic edge should be locked inside the shroud. It goes loose.

I've posted the problem before
https://forums.evga.com/FTW-3-Hybrid-Kit-is-kind-of-dangerous-m2741766.aspx

edit:
two more things may be important, on the lower end of the metallic edge there is a black electrical tape to avoid direct connection to the PCB. The tape covers the red circle shown below.

Be sure to check the metallic edge to see if the electrical tape is there. Better cover the area with a tape if it's not.

And does anyone notice this in the manual? The rubbers have a purpose placed in there.

You can find the rubber inserts in the same zipper the pump sticker was in, I did not notice it until i found it on the ground somewhere and installed it on later. Also keep in mind theres a cable youcan easily pinch when installing the screws in, and its a LED cable I think

Well even before opening the clear sachet I can only see 1 rubber and I know there small so wouldn't surprise me if it was just missed.  Yeah I checked the sachet thoroughly and opened it to see if it was hidden behind the pump sticker.  Also the manual is hardly clear.  I'm looking at the online manual and zoomed in and couldn't see clearly exactly where the rubbers go and what there purpose is.  Can anyone clarify the purpose of the rubbers and exactly where they go???

Thanks
2018/01/14 19:39:36
bcavnaugh
This too!
  Thanks SilentMarket

Attached Image(s)

2018/01/14 20:14:55
exilelrrp
and here I'am about to start asking why is it that EVGA is so backed up on the 1080Ti's especially the elite ones!  no where to be found. 
I guess I just better sit this one out and wait until they're in a normal pace production. 
2018/01/15 00:57:26
meringue85
I've talked with my local service center today and will be getting a replacement for my 1080ti card tomorrow.
I was told by some expert in a forum that the issue of clock speed not going over 1569mhz and system locking up after overclock is related to tension inside the graphic card.
He said the a disassembled graphic card should be re-assembled in a way that provides exactly the same tension and placement to the core and the card itself. Possible changes in the tension applied to the core and the card after re-assembly can be the cause of malfunction.
I think this is a quite possible cause one may have tightened the screws too much or too little which can alter the configuration of the card.
For those experiencing this issue should try to reassembly your card again properly. You should also try to put the thermo pads at the right place as much as possible. I cannot guarantee it will solve the problem but it is worth trying.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account