2015/09/04 14:58:14
Vlada011
Why you don't want to pay return?
That's normal procedure worldwide for all products for all manufacturers.
2015/09/04 15:04:34
Vlada011
Taene
Meh...
EVGA tries to help me with every possible solution, but at the end, it's the same result:
youtube.   /watch?v=pRRSUN4ghR8
Crash after crash.
Is this RMA thing going to be long?

This is example of chip overclocked 50-100MHz more than he can.
And all people should test first Skydiver, if this happen card is not good...
It's shame that someone sell such cards.
This is video of guy above on 980FTW.
I think that everybody should test cards first in Skydiver than other tests.
Only is weird how she didn't crash and 15-20 seconds before where power target is highest...

2015/09/04 15:39:04
Jetster
Vlada011
Why you don't want to pay return?
That's normal procedure worldwide for all products for all manufacturers.

Normal?  From EVGAs own policy "EVGA may assist with offering a prepaid shipping label, if requested, within 30 days of the original purchase date from an authorized reseller"  Its about standing behind your products. Many others do not charge RMA shipping. Now they may try but if you push the issue its usually covered. Anyway Newegg didn't charge so i went that route. So why didn't I call EVGA and ask for return shipping. Because I've been down that route. They said no in spite of the policy. It was a cheap PSU. Now I expect a lower end part to fail occasionally bot not a high end card. Cover the shipping for your costumers this is EVGA fault. 
2015/09/05 03:31:50
Red46

Taene
Meh...
EVGA tries to help me with every possible solution, but at the end, it's the same result:
youtube.   /watch?v=pRRSUN4ghR8
Crash after crash.
Is this RMA thing going to be long?

I am in Italy and for me the RMA process, from the moment I gave the card to the courier to the moment the courier gave it back to me took around 6 working days both times. Tell evga that you want to open a RMA because your FTW is affected by an issue that is KNOWN to happen on some of those cards. Link them to this thread if you have to. Then, do like I did and kindly ask them to issue you a prepaid shipping label as this is not your fault, they issued me one both times without any issue. The issue is not with the chip clocks, the issue is something else. The card I got back from EVGA with the fix installed, boosts far higher than both my 2 previous 980 FTW and doesn't crash. Whatever was the issue is now fixed and you can expect to have a stable card once you get it back from RMA.
2015/09/05 03:44:51
Jetster
Red46

I am in Italy and for me the RMA process, from the moment I gave the card to the courier to the moment the courier gave it back to me took around 6 working days both times. Tell evga that you want to open a RMA because your FTW is affected by an issue that is KNOWN to happen on some of those cards. Link them to this thread if you have to. Then, do like I did and kindly ask them to issue you a prepaid shipping label as this is not your fault, they issued me one both times without any issue. The issue is not with the chip clocks, the issue is something else. The card I got back from EVGA with the fix installed, boosts far higher than both my 2 previous 980 FTW and doesn't crash. Whatever was the issue is now fixed and you can expect to have a stable card once you get it back from RMA.

That's good to hear
2017/11/19 10:11:34
torch327
I apologize for the necro post,but this posting and everything in it applies to my situation.
My 980ftw was purchased as an add in to this older system and then given to me as a birthday present,because I was planning on getting back into PC gaming with my Dad. My issues started immediately with Final Fantasy XiV,but I assumed it was the game due to so many other issues that others were having and that I ran Defiance with no issues.

I've played Destiny since Beta and was super excited to play Destiny 2 on PC(even talked my Dad into purchasing it). It suffered the same no signal issues issues that FFXIV did.

took the card to my Dad's house and he removed his 2 980ti's that played Destiny 2 with no issues and installed my card and drivers and within 10 minutes no signal to monitor.

I called tech support yesterday to RMA it and discovered that my 2 options were to 1) pay msrp for a card to be shipped or 2) send my card in and wait for a replacement to be shipped. Paying msrp($500+) isn't an option for me at the time(trip from Michigan to Tennessee for Thanksgiving at my daughter in laws takes priority) and I also use my PC for work so no card=no work=loss of income.

I had actually read this posting prior to RMA and was hopeful that the Advanced RMA due to it being discovered as an issue with cards manufactured during a certain time period. My card was actually Manufactured is this time period it just hadn't been used for any serious gaming until Destiny 2 was released so I had no idea that it was going to develop this issue until I tried playing it and would lose signal sometimes as soon as I started playing, while other times I could play for as long as an hour. As a last ditch effort(prior to finding this post) I even downgraded back to windows 7.

I started this post fhttps://forums.evga.com/W...vailable-m2732686.aspx curiosity because I had talked the wife into letting me buy a 2nd card for SLI(before the issue was discovered) if I could find one reasonably priced(nope) and if not then I was going to get a 1070 after xmas and another a couple of months later.

For the most part I like the specs of the 6Gb 1060 accept for it being 192 bit and no sli support,this is the big one for me since I do want to run SLI eventually for the games that support for the extra performance. When it comes to single card performance my the 980ftw and the 6GB 1060 are extremely close, BUT the 1060 doesn't support SLI which is technically a downgrade in performance since I cant run them in SLI like I could my 980 FTW if it 1)didn't have this issue and 2) I found a 2nd card to SLI it. My opinion is a 980ti(available at least in B-stock as of typing this https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-0998-RX) or a 1070 would be considered as a same performance or better as the RMA policy states. Losing a feature like SLI isn't an upgrade if someone purchased a card with the intentions of SLI, when the card was purchased it was purchased with the intent of my purchasing a 2nd card when I was able to for SLI purposes.
2017/11/19 10:44:46
Taene
torch327
I apologize for the necro post,but this posting and everything in it applies to my situation.
My 980ftw was purchased as an add in to this older system and then given to me as a birthday present,because I was planning on getting back into PC gaming with my Dad. My issues started immediately with Final Fantasy XiV,but I assumed it was the game due to so many other issues that others were having and that I ran Defiance with no issues.

I've played Destiny since Beta and was super excited to play Destiny 2 on PC(even talked my Dad into purchasing it). It suffered the same no signal issues issues that FFXIV did.

took the card to my Dad's house and he removed his 2 980ti's that played Destiny 2 with no issues and installed my card and drivers and within 10 minutes no signal to monitor.

I called tech support yesterday to RMA it and discovered that my 2 options were to 1) pay msrp for a card to be shipped or 2) send my card in and wait for a replacement to be shipped. Paying msrp($500+) isn't an option for me at the time(trip from Michigan to Tennessee for Thanksgiving at my daughter in laws takes priority) and I also use my PC for work so no card=no work=loss of income.

I had actually read this posting prior to RMA and was hopeful that the Advanced RMA due to it being discovered as an issue with cards manufactured during a certain time period. My card was actually Manufactured is this time period it just hadn't been used for any serious gaming until Destiny 2 was released so I had no idea that it was going to develop this issue until I tried playing it and would lose signal sometimes as soon as I started playing, while other times I could play for as long as an hour. As a last ditch effort(prior to finding this post) I even downgraded back to windows 7.

I started this post f curiosity because I had talked the wife into letting me buy a 2nd card for SLI(before the issue was discovered) if I could find one reasonably priced(nope) and if not then I was going to get a 1070 after xmas and another a couple of months later.

For the most part I like the specs of the 6Gb 1060 accept for it being 192 bit and no sli support,this is the big one for me since I do want to run SLI eventually for the games that support for the extra performance. When it comes to single card performance my the 980ftw and the 6GB 1060 are extremely close, BUT the 1060 doesn't support SLI which is technically a downgrade in performance since I cant run them in SLI like I could my 980 FTW if it 1)didn't have this issue and 2) I found a 2nd card to SLI it. My opinion is a 980ti(available at least in B-stock as of typing this ) or a 1070 would be considered as a same performance or better as the RMA policy states. Losing a feature like SLI isn't an upgrade if someone purchased a card with the intentions of SLI, when the card was purchased it was purchased with the intent of my purchasing a 2nd card when I was able to for SLI purposes.

So there are still cards out there which is failing...
Sadly, it happened to me aswell, that the card was failing on some games instantly, but at some game the card did not show any problems at all.
I was confused that maybe my setup has a weak link(PSU or Motherboard). 
But then in this forum, someone told me that i should test it with 3DMark Sky Diver.
After that, no matter what Operating System or Drivers, the card failed every time on the 3DMark Sky Diver.
On youtube search for 3DMark Sky Diver - at 2:29, my card just stopped working every time. 
The PC kept running, but the video signal just stopped. My monitor did not turned off, it was just blank.
I sent the card back to Germany for RMA and they sent me new card and a report that my original card was defective.
Got a new card and from that day, the card and the PC is working perfectly.
2017/11/19 11:03:14
torch327
Taene

Sadly, it happened to me aswell, that the card was failing on some games instantly, but at some game the card did not show any problems at all.
But then in this forum, someone told me that i should test it with 3DMark Sky Diver.
After that, no matter what Operating System or Drivers, the card failed every time on the 3DMark Sky Diver.
On youtube search for 3DMark Sky Diver - at 2:29, my card just stopped working every time. 
The PC kept running, but the video signal just stopped. My monitor did not turned off, it was just blank.
I sent the card back to Germany for RMA and they sent me new card and a report that my original card was defective.

I more than likely would have had this issue a long time ago had I actually been playing newer games at the time, I had them with FFXIV,but assumed it was the game as it had other issues as well, it wasn't until Destiny 2 came out that I and came to the forums that I discovered I had one of the bad cards
2017/12/28 19:55:13
KrayKaz
Taene

Sorry to be another necro - but I didn't want to start a post about something that already had a long life to begin with.

I am having an issue with my 980FTW, have been for some time now. I have tried pretty much every trick in the book both from reading other forums and through talking to EVGA directly (who btw, never once offer the RMA option, which I am actually surprised by).

I have noticed though that my card seems to only have / show problems or symptoms with certain games. And until recently, was only creating a minor nuisance when playing those game. I have no problem with games like PUBG or even other graphically demanding titles. The one game that seems to be killing my card (which leads to a complete system lock up, not even just a temporary black screen anymore), is Rocket League. I will play with this game for a few matches before I even have a problem, but for some reason when the problem happens, it's complete system failure. There have been very few other games that have given problems, and I even try to watch Precision XOC to see what is happening, but can never tell because my second monitor (where XOC is), is the first thing to black out.

Has anyone seen or heard of any fixes for this issue at this point? Or am I just biting the bullet and getting a new graphics card?
2017/12/29 17:14:34
torch327
KrayKaz
Taene

Sorry to be another necro - but I didn't want to start a post about something that already had a long life to begin with.

I am having an issue with my 980FTW, have been for some time now. I have tried pretty much every trick in the book both from reading other forums and through talking to EVGA directly (who btw, never once offer the RMA option, which I am actually surprised by).

I have noticed though that my card seems to only have / show problems or symptoms with certain games. And until recently, was only creating a minor nuisance when playing those game. I have no problem with games like PUBG or even other graphically demanding titles. The one game that seems to be killing my card (which leads to a complete system lock up, not even just a temporary black screen anymore), is Rocket League. I will play with this game for a few matches before I even have a problem, but for some reason when the problem happens, it's complete system failure. There have been very few other games that have given problems, and I even try to watch Precision XOC to see what is happening, but can never tell because my second monitor (where XOC is), is the first thing to black out.

Has anyone seen or heard of any fixes for this issue at this point? Or am I just biting the bullet and getting a new graphics card?

Try this
 https://forums.evga.com/Basic-troubleshooting-steps-Windows-clean-boot-clean-driver-install-debug-mode-etc-m2504606.aspx
Only thing that made my card run stable was running it in Debug mode everytime I booted my PC.
Mine finally got approved for RMA,of course after I bought a new card, so now I have a 980ftw in a sealed package that i'll either sell or keep for back up.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account