EVGA

inDtube: may need: "eMPIA Technology USB 2883 Device" (driver update)

Author
w-evga
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2011/02/08 21:25:41 (permalink)
[edited:] My inDtube stopped working; the ONLY changes to my system were yesterday's (tu.08.feb.11) Windows Update (my Win7-64bit had 10 updates); uninstalling & reinstalling newly downloaded "EVGA in D tube Driver" didn't work; (confirmed was receiving antenna-signal, etc).

Today (we.09.feb.11) Windows Update had an optional, "eMPIA Technology - Streaming Media and Broadcast Devices - USB 2883 Device" update available.  Googling: "eMPIA Technology USB 2883 Device", among other info, led to searching Microsoft Support for: "USB 2883 Device" which led to: Microsoft Lifecam VX-6000 and Windows 7..., which included this,
"Marilyn, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer: I did find a link that explains that the USB TV Tuner is in conflict with Empia 28xx tuners, EVGA inDtube.  The tuner is seen as a USB 2883 device. [ link ] So the solution may be to uinstall the TV Tuner so the Lifecam software can install. Would need to get the most current updated drivers for the TV-Tuner from the manufacturer."
 ... well, I don't understand all that, but it seemed close enough to my issue to go ahead & allow the "eMPIA USB 2883 Device" update to install.

It worked!  This seems to be the 'official' driver download, Empia Technology USB 2883 Device Driver, but I used the driver-update made available through Windows Update, so I cannot vouch for the site.

Hopefully this may help someone else ... w

[( original: inDtube stopped working: NO changes made to system [oops! forgot the major Windows Update] (software , hardware, antenna-cabling, etc) everything working fine asof 24hours ago, TV-programs recorded, etc.  Suddenly there's no signal getting through (neither Cyberlink TV Enhance nor Windows Media Center).  [The antenna-cable splits, & my TV is receiving signal, so I know the inDtube is receiving signal, it's just not going through.]
Tried: unplug/replug USB, also another USB port; there doesn't seem to be any new driver updates, but re-downloaded the drivers, uninstalled "EVGA in D tube Driver", rebooted, reinstalled the drivers, rebooted.  BTW, yes, the amber light in the unit is on.
I'm on Win7-64bit, only a few months-old computer, everything else working just fine. )]

post edited by w-evga - 2011/02/09 16:37:10

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile