EVGA

What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CraptacularOne
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6266
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 19:12:19 (permalink)
donta1979
CraptacularOne

So now you're saying if I'm reading this correctly, it goes from mid 48-58 disabled to 64-68fps enabled correct? That is still rather on the high side if we take your maximum values of 58-68 as that's a 17% gain. Still very high, but not completely impossible given the right situation or area. I suspect you aren't using a frame counting tool to average your fps in a given and repeatable sequence to see what your averages actually are? If you are just "spot checking" and haven't really run the game since the 1.2 patch and have resizeBAR enabled I guess it isn't entirely unreasonable to think you are getting more out of something than you really were. If you were to run a canned repeatable area and averaged out the gains I suspect you'll see just like the rest of the world that it's only about 5-7% gain overall. There may be some areas that respond a little better or a little worse but the average gain ISN'T going to be a 20fps gain. That's quite literally impossible in this already GPU bound game. There is only so much that giving the GPU faster and more effective access to it's VRAM buffer is going to help in GPU saturated situations. 

Correct spot checking, the only extra thing I run in the backgorund is MSI Afterburner, GOG, Magician, Blue Tooth Devices, Nvidia control panel/Geforce Experience"I should remove that at some point unless I want to use the sharpen tool and give up more fps" No I didn't run a frame counter for this to have that running in the background.

I picked one of the more demanding areas of the game. depending on where I am in the game it is 20 FPS gained, along with whats going on what assets get on screen. I get more jumps in FPS while driving around/running around on the map to different areas, NPC's, Car's, Time of day/Night, all play a factor.

Prior to the patch I was at 180hrs, since patch I put in an additional 40+, in that time 20+ have been with bar support. So have seen the performance differences though the phases from prior to patch, the patch, the patch with bar. In the game what assets are on the screen will change your FPS. As I observed since the game launching, first big awesome push was DLSS and getting to use it. I also know Bar support you get less of a gain if you are overclocked/higher clocked way past your stock specs. Thus my 400 points in 3dmark at stock vs my 6 little points gained with bar support while overclocked. I am guessing that's the same here, I only have a 3070 less speed vs a 3080 or 3090, so the bar maybe is doing it's thing like the benchmark with the 400 points gained while stock in 3DMark. Overclocked/running faster your gains are less. Also what assets hit your screen and have to be swapped out/called on will affect FPS. Even just sitting there when the area starts to populate/depopulate as time goes by as NPC's go off and fade into the distance into nothingness mix that with your cpu randomly clocking, gpu fluctuating between clocks. Then picking one spot in the game, things are not being swapped out as much, so your gains will be less vs more. Its why benchmarks tend to constantly be moving the environment unless your in a cpu only test. Gains in one area will be higher than another if you are constantly going around a game level or map with what is in them. Overall I did get a 20 FPS boost while playing the game. Why I still do not know. Maybe my theory of stock vs overclocked, a faster card vs a slower card and the gains gotten on what the bar does is a thing maybe its not? I have been reading on reddit, and discords those with 3080's and 3090's get less of a boost from bar its minimal as I see the post/replies complaints/questions "is there something wrong with my card".  It is honestly the only thing I can think of at this point as I sit down and think about it. 

Resizable BAR is only giving the CPU access to the full VRAM buffer at a time rather than in 256MB segments. This is allowing the CPU to more efficiently position data the GPU needs. If anything, overclocking should help this, not hurt this. Just know that your claims are flying in the face of literally every tech reviewer out there and even Nvidia themselves. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
CraptacularOne
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 19:17:58 (permalink)
schulmaster
I don't know why we can't let the OP believe what he/she wants. Why point out contrary results from proper testing? The EU made changes, he/she now perceives gains, and wants to share them with us. Congrats EU, your EVGA card still works, and now still works even better. Enjoy. 

SM

That I don't have a problem with, it's when it's made as a statement of performance expected and people are misled into believing they should be getting something they are not is where I take issue. I come here to help and offer advice in my free time, not to perpetuate nonsense. 

donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 9018
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 19:34:18 (permalink)
My 3DMark score was before Bar at stock 13,521, once bar was applied at stock 13,916. Overclocked 14,357 prior to bar support, Overclocked with bar support 14,363.
Then I see countless post on forums, discords MSI/ASUS/EVGA/PC builders to reddit post like I said people asking are their cards broken they are not getting the gains some 3070 owners get, or someone with a stock 3080 or 3090 of their card are getting. My benches show bar support gives more of a boost with more stock and slower hardware vs something that already has a ton of speed thus my theory of you get less of a boost on a faster card/faster clocked card/cpu. Its just that a theory on what I have seen people post, to even my own 3DMark scores.

I am getting an additional 20 fps, why I do not know, I should not even be getting the FPS I am getting. Standing one spot in the game is just to show if there is a boost, but it will not show if there is an overall boost or how much since one spot is different from the next in the game and what assets are being loaded. Like honestly man what do I have to gain? Nothing at all. Remember those magic GTX 280 FTW's? As you called them as you called me a liar essentially, they all went on to break world overclocks first by me, then by QX56Monster he womped me with my own cards after selling them to him. I am not here to puff my chest, gain anything because at the end of the day or even our lives it does not mean a thing. There is some factor in play that I am getting the FPS I am getting, and just me sitting in one spot is showing me getting higher than the expected average of FPS gained, vs me actually playing the game shooting things up, traveling the game world. My "theory" is just that a theory based on my own benchmarks, and what I have seen on all the places above from discords to forums, to reddit. From what I have seen myself, to what I have seen others asking is something up with their cards that still are faster than mine and perform way better, yet they are scratching their heads on bar support. Something that didn't show much promise for months. Am I saying the 3070 is a better card than the 3080 or 3090? Nope because its not or I would not be in my step-up for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra, so you can count "defending my purchase out", I still want the better card. Just something I have noticed that has caught my eye with my experience, to overserving the experiences of others on the same subject online. I literally have nothing to gain out of this zilch, it wont make my retirement at 40 any better, wont magically make more money than is already raining in for me from the heavens, or make it so I can travel sooner. Just something I have noticed and its happening. I have a theory and that's that a theory and theories are not concrete, it is the only thing I can think of off the bat as to the why.
post edited by donta1979 - 2021/04/05 19:45:01

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
14900k, z790 Apex Encore, EK Nucleus Direct Die, T-Force EXTREEM 8000mhz cl38 2x24 Stable"24hr Karhu" XMP, Rog Strix OC RTX 4090, Rog Hyperion GR701 Case, Rog Thor II 1200w, Rog Centra True Wireless Speednova, 35" Rog Swift PG35VQ + Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", EK Link FPT 140mm D-RGB Fans. Rog Claymore II, Rog Harpe Ace Aimlabs Edition, Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One Controller, WD Black SN850x/Samsung 980+990 PRO/Samsung 980. Honeywell PTM7950 pad on CPU+GPU

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9738
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 19:59:32 (permalink)
Look at this point, I wont be surprised is the coding of the bar that benefits one GPU from the other. Please dont stress it since it was launched recently and it is in the beta phased.
@ Donta: You might be correct, they probably run it and test it on stock to get the boost so people won't overclocked the GPUs to have them died in a few weeks due to the poor capacitors the majority of them have. To my understanding, this is why they added this feature to have gains without overclocking.
@ Crap: You are right, when you OC your hardware you should have gains, this doesn't seem the case. Times are changing man, this is not like it was before. Hardware is being build differently and is starting to show, now the consumers need to adapt to this changes. 
@ Robs03gts: you keep poking with the stick are you? lol. 

I am learning little by little how this new tech works. All I know I discussed this subject with GoldLeader 2 years ago and everything discussed has come into place little by little. I should keep my ideas to myself for now on.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
CraptacularOne
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 20:00:20 (permalink)
donta1979
My 3DMark score was before Bar at stock 13,521, once bar was applied at stock 13,916. Overclocked 14,357 prior to bar support, Overclocked with bar support 14,363.
Then I see countless post on forums, discords MSI/ASUS/EVGA/PC builders to reddit post like I said people asking are their cards broken they are not getting the gains some 3070 owners get, or someone with a stock 3080 or 3090 of their card are getting. My benches show bar support gives more of a boost with more stock and slower hardware vs something that already has a ton of speed thus my theory of you get less of a boost on a faster card/faster clocked card/cpu. Its just that a theory on what I have seen people post, to even my own 3DMark scores.

I am getting an additional 20 fps, why I do not know, I should not even be getting the FPS I am getting. Standing one spot in the game is just to show if there is a boost, but it will not show if there is an overall boost or how much since one spot is different from the next in the game and what assets are being loaded. Like honestly man what do I have to gain? Nothing at all. Remember those magic GTX 280 FTW's? as you called them as you called me a liar essentially, they all went on to break world overclocks. I am not here to puff my chest, gain anything because at the end of the day or even our lives it does not mean a thing. There is some factor in play that I am getting the FPS I am getting, and just me sitting in one spot is showing me getting higher than the expected average of FPS gained, vs me actually playing the game shooting things up, traveling the game world. My "theory" is just that a theory based on my own benchmarks, and what I have seen on all the places above from discords to forums, to reddit. From what I have seen myself, to what I have seen others asking is something up with their cards that still are faster than mine and perform way better, yet they are scratching their heads on bar support. Something that didn't show much promise for months.

That's not how it works at all. It doesn't give a bigger boost to slower hardware. That makes no sense and benchmarks show this not to be the case. 

As to why you would defend this claim to your death I do not know. All that I do know is that it is not true. I can hazard a guess that some people do things for no reason at all, their logic doesn't have to make sense to others. I personally think you've been backed into a corner and just don't want to let it go for the sake of saving face on a forum with a bunch of random people. Who knows? I don't know but people do all kinds of things that make no sense. 

Nvidia's resizable BAR tests
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-pci-express-resizable-bar-performance-test/

1:15 mark Cyberpunk 2077 is tested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC-inWhVvMU

whole video with Cyberpunk 2077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPlXk4aJndw

If you wanna die on that hill of yours donta1979, that's up to you. If you wanna believe you have a "special" RTX 3070, again up to you. Regardless however even if you have some golden sample of a RTX 3070, it ISN'T going to gain 20fps by simply enabling resizable BAR. You are talking about a generational leap in performance by something measured and known to be of little to no real effect by virtually the rest of the tech world. 

Just know that I won't think any less of you and you can still reach out to me for advice or help should you want or need. 

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 20:29:42 (permalink)
I go by evidence shown in front of my face by either party and both are spot on 100% correct. This is an eye opening for me and hopefully for everyone waiting to upgrade. The 3000 series launch has been nothing but a mess. It tops the Fermi launch on every level. 

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

donta1979
Primarch
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 20:40:19 (permalink)
CraptacularOne

If you wanna die on that hill of yours donta1979, that's up to you. If you wanna believe you have a "special" RTX 3070, again up to you. Regardless however even if you have some golden sample of a RTX 3070, it ISN'T going to gain 20fps by simply enabling resizable BAR. You are talking about a generational leap in performance by something measured and known to be of little to no real effect by virtually the rest of the tech world. 

Just know that I won't think any less of you and you can still reach out to me for advice or help should you want or need. 

What hill there is no hill or anything to prove, I do not believe I have a special 3070 minus its core clock 2,145MHz while OCED about the only cool thing about this card minus the mystery FPS that are happening, and its less than stellar OC memory clock. If I did I would not be doing a step-up I would go cancel it right now and not get the better card that will give me a constant 70+ FPS, I just want to know the WHY am I getting twenty more FPS. Like I said I have nothing at all to gain period.

Like look 6 points with bar support in 3DMark, I should be getting more than that right? yet I am not. Just a 5.3ghz OC on all cores because this AIO temps will hit 100c+ on anything more, GPU settings the same both times. Kind of explains my theory slower card more of a bar gain and its seen all over on average about 400 points by users with stock hardware with bar. Then you have the discords/forums/reddit groups all posting what I said owners with higher end to overclocked 3080's to 3090's asking if there is something wrong because their friends with a base clock/slower cards are getting a higher gain with bar support then them. My two benches show exactly that ocing at least the hell out of my core clock on air its actually clocked higher than the number one guys with a 3070 and an i9 10900KF, but his 3070's vram speed is mopping the floor against mine and where his 15k+ score is coming from if you want to go look that up.
Pre-Bar OC run
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i9-10900KF Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI (MS-7C73) (3dmark.com)
Bar OC run 6 points
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i9-10900KF Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI (MS-7C73) (3dmark.com)
Explain that one....
Stock once bar hit, my prior score was just over 13,500, almost a 400 point gain like everyone else is reporting.

post edited by donta1979 - 2021/04/05 20:46:05

Heatware   

My Build
14900k, z790 Apex Encore, EK Nucleus Direct Die, T-Force EXTREEM 8000mhz cl38 2x24 Stable"24hr Karhu" XMP, Rog Strix OC RTX 4090, Rog Hyperion GR701 Case, Rog Thor II 1200w, Rog Centra True Wireless Speednova, 35" Rog Swift PG35VQ + Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", EK Link FPT 140mm D-RGB Fans. Rog Claymore II, Rog Harpe Ace Aimlabs Edition, Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One Controller, WD Black SN850x/Samsung 980+990 PRO/Samsung 980. Honeywell PTM7950 pad on CPU+GPU

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 20:55:54 (permalink)
donta1979

My two benches show exactly that ocing at least the hell out of my core clock on air its actually clocked higher than the number one guys with a 3070 and an i9 10900KF, but his 3070's vram speed is mopping the floor against mine and where his 15k+ score is coming from if you want to go look that up.

I guess this, a 3070 and an i9 10900KF,  is the right combo to have if both you and the other guy are sitting on top of the benchmark.
Well, I'm going to go sip my Hate O Rade for the rest of the night and dream of getting my 5900x/3080Ti rig on May

CraptacularOne
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 21:01:25 (permalink)
donta1979
CraptacularOne

What hill there is no hill or anything to prove, I do not believe I have a special 3070 minus its core clock 2,145MHz while OCED about the only cool thing about this card minus the mystery FPS that are happening, and its less than stellar OC memory clock. If I did I would not be doing a step-up I would go cancel it right now and not get the better card that will give me a constant 70+ FPS, I just want to know the WHY am I getting twenty more FPS. Like I said I have nothing at all to gain period.

Like look 6 points with bar support in 3DMark, I should be getting more than that right? yet I am not. Just a 5.3ghz OC on all cores because this AIO temps will hit 100c+ on anything more, GPU settings the same both times. Kind of explains my theory slower card more of a bar gain and its seen all over on average about 400 points by users with stock hardware with bar. Then you have the discords/forums/reddit groups all posting what I said owners with higher end to overclocked 3080's to 3090's asking if there is something wrong because their friends with a base clock/slower cards are getting a higher gain with bar support then them. My two benches show exactly that ocing at least the hell out of my core clock on air its actually clocked higher than the number one guys with a 3070 and an i9 10900KF, but his 3070's vram speed is mopping the floor against mine and where his 15k+ score is coming from if you want to go look that up.
Pre-Bar OC run
Bar OC run 6 points
Explain that one....
Stock once bar hit, my prior score was just over 13,500, almost a 400 point gain like everyone else is reporting.

First off you linked me to scores that show your performance DROPPING with your claimed resize BAR on 14.4k DOWN to 13.9k so not sure what you're on about there.

Second the difference is easy, the driver versions are different between the first 2 as is the clock speeds and average clock speeds on the GPU core and the memory clock was different. I'm sure you know comparing different driver versions is not a direct comparison nor is running at different clock speeds. 

Care to try agian?

Also seems you are tinkering with LoD settings

And at last we haver our answer of whats going on here.  Can we stop the pretending now? 3Dmark caught you tinkering with LoD in the drivers. 
post edited by CraptacularOne - 2021/04/05 21:05:13

Attached Image(s)

donta1979
Primarch
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 21:10:20 (permalink)
CraptacularOne

First off you linked me to scores that show your performance DROPPING with your claimed resize BAR on 14.4k DOWN to 13.9k so not sure what you're on about there.

Second the difference is easy, the driver versions are different between the first 2 as is the clock speeds and average clock speeds on the GPU core and the memory clock was different. I'm sure you know comparing different driver versions is not a direct comparison nor is running at different clock speeds. 

Care to try agian?

Its called a driver update I did when I noticed there was one,  13.9k was showing stock clocks on the gpu and cpu. I didn't upload my score for my 13.5k when I first got this machine when bar was still in full beta and only being talked about. Yet if you look at the two 14k scores with bar/without bar 6 points gained only, even with a driver update. There is no try again, according to you I should had seen a large gain with bar support while overclocked. Yet I only got 6 points even with a driver update. Showing a faster clocked system is getting little to probably no gain with bar support. 3080 and 3090 are faster cards it would explain their less of a gain, and why those with faster clocked factory cards to having their cards overclocked are wondering where is their bar performance. So that is where my theory comes from. There is no try again.  There are post even on these forums not on the discords/other forums/to reddit where I am seeing the same question asked.

Yet my question as to the why am I getting an average of near 20 FPS gain while actually playing the game is a thing, it should not be a thing nor be happening especially at stock. Even with my setup just an i9 10900kf and a 3070 xc3 you said it yourself just sitting their my FPS gain with bar support sitting in one place is more than it should be, am at stock clocks. Even my benchmarks are showing if I go with an overclock I am not really getting a gain from my first oc that I broke the top 50 with people with similar setups, to the one now with bar and my 6 points.

post edited by donta1979 - 2021/04/05 21:15:37

Heatware   

My Build

CraptacularOne
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 21:11:55 (permalink)
donta1979
CraptacularOne

Care to try agian?

Its called a driver update I did when I noticed there was one,  13.9k was showing stock clocks on the gpu and cpu. I didn't upload my score for my 13.5k when I first got this machine when bar was still in full beta and only being talked about. Yet if you look at the two 14k scores with bar/without bar 6 points gained only, even with a driver update. There is no try again, according to you I should had seen a large gain with bar support while overclocked. Yet I only got 6 points even with a driver update. Showing a faster clocked system is getting little to probably no gain with bar support. 3080 and 3090 are faster cards it would explain their less of a gain, and why those with faster clocked factory cards to having their cards overclocked are wondering where is their bar performance. So that is where my theory comes from. There is no try again. 

C'mon man it's over. 3Dmark flagged you altering the LoD settings in the driver. Now I know what's going on here. Game, set and match. You're not comparing 1:1 

donta1979
Primarch
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 22:13:37 (permalink)
CraptacularOne

C'mon man it's over. 3Dmark flagged you altering the LoD settings in the driver. Now I know what's going on here. Game, set and match. You're not comparing 1:1 

Yeah, it did, prior to the bar update I was pushing for as much eye candy as possible. When you kind of start micromanaging, it flags your score. I noticed it after I ran a few bench's that night over the course of 2hrs it was not until one of my overclocked scores I noticed it on in the wee hours of the morning. Had honestly forgotten I had forced it to quality.

post edited by donta1979 - 2021/04/05 22:23:03

Heatware   

My Build

CraptacularOne
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 22:22:53 (permalink)
donta1979
CraptacularOne

Yeah, it did, prior to the bar update I was pushing for as much eye candy as possible. When you kind of start micromanaging, it flags your score. I noticed it after I ran a few bench's that night over the course of 2hrs. Then turned it off when I noticed it on my overclocked score.

It's fine, can we put this to rest now? You obviously had or have some LoD settings dialed in the driver giving you incorrect/incomparable data. It happens, not a big deal lets all move on to more important things. Like I said I'm not holding it against you. Just next time look a little more objectively at the issue. If all your data is going against a known variable and yours in the outlier, 9 times out of 10 it's your data that is incorrect. I respect a man wanting to go down for what he believes is right despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary but sometimes you gotta take a step back and really look at it. 

All good donta, no harm no foul. See you around bud. 

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49054
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 22:29:48 (permalink)
Watch the personal attacks and language guys. Thanks.
donta1979
Primarch
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/05 22:37:23 (permalink)
While that was on to forced quality even with DLSS before the bar update while I shot for max eye candy playing with the nvidia control panel/geforce experience to get the same level of detail Nvidia shows in its adds with the game. FPS dropped in the 30's. Just something I honestly forgot to set back to let the 3d application decide. Once I noticed that in my bench scores, I turned it back to let the application decide and it has been there since so going on 3 days. Thats why If you look at my overclock score that night with my 6 point gain.... its a legit score, and you can see by my overclock score back in Feb 26th. If it had been set to Forced Quality still I imagine I would be running in the 30's to 40's range in CP 2077 right now.

Would rather not give up eye candy honestly for FPS, otherwise I would had stayed on the old pc. With my 34-50 none RTX fps. With settings ranging from medium/high/ultra and a lot of offs. I still want to know why I am getting 20 FPS, the only thing I can possible think of and I would have to go into the game config files if something is up there, from the directory, from the launcher, my documents and my games something else that is in a location besides Users/name/appdata/local/CD Project Red and the engine directory. Like one set of settings overriding the others. I also want to know the why am I only get 6 points with the bar update on my score because according to you and you are saying I’m wrong I should be getting more than 6 points.

Also with the mentality of I left things micromanaged on an initial test forgetting about it so it was flagged, so that discredits what I’m experiencing end of discussion. If that was the case then the same could be said about our argument in 08 with the magical GTX 280 FTW’s from years ago when I did actually have the the fastest highest ocing 280’s in the world “magical” giving me a huge advantage in gaming due to a silicon lottery. Or even my psu situation when I felt something was off from my experience, things got progressively worse then come to find out I was right and sitting on a catastrophic situation waiting to happen. Won’t do that to you, know your honest like I am Crap, know you don’t play favorites on a brand, and you are subjective. Do agree with you I’m getting more FPS gains than I should on one of the most hardest hitting games on FPS out on the market right now. The question remains as the why, even other user experiences on discord’s/Reddit/other forums some report about an average of a near 400 points gained in 3DMark, while others with faster stock clocked/pre oced cards to highly overclocked cards with bar are going what’s up? Where are my bar gains? Is something broken?
If me leaving my stuff micromanaged by accident on an initial 3DMark test right after a bar install with the other two. One being from a month ago, the other top bar oc bench both legit scores with nothing messed with somehow makes what I’m experiencing/seeing wrong. Then the same would go for the 280/psu situation for you. Anything either of us says should be discredited and we are both quacks with that mentality. Yet doing so would be foolish, I know you know your stuff, you unlike me have stayed on top of things while I worked on my hustle to retire at 40, putting my pc hobby on the side lines. You make mistakes/misjudgments and so do I. Personally I want to know the why on the performance boost that should not be possible at the degree in getting, have no reason to lie/mislead/do not have to be right even if I’m dead wrong, have no problem if I am wrong admitting to it. At this point I am wondering if there is a third config file someplace that I do not know about for the game, playing games with my FPS numbers other than my bar theory. It’s the only other logical thing I can think of and it’s better than the magical card idea that you think I have. Haha.
post edited by donta1979 - 2021/04/06 08:20:21

Heatware   

My Build

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49054
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/06 09:01:13 (permalink)
@Crap & Rob.

Time to knock it off already. If I have to clean up anymore of your posts I’m gonna issue warnings.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/06 13:13:29 (permalink)
I hope Gamers Nexus or Jaytwocentz make a video of the resizable bar performance for each cards🤔

Montana.Actual
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/06 14:24:18 (permalink)
3060 ti here. The only thing I notice in RDR2 is slightly less frame rate drops (which, we all know is just Rockstar updates and Rockstar screwing things up - not gpu or hardware related at all) and about 2FPS increase.

WOW!

lol. Hey, I'll take it. Now if only they could give us updates that actually fix simple issues instead of creating more.

That said, it's still better than Cyberpunk, so that's something. I personally don't even understand how people play that junk. 3rd person FTW!
Robs03gts
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 835
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/06 16:03:01 (permalink)
Montana.Actual
3060 ti here. The only thing I notice in RDR2 is slightly less frame rate drops (which, we all know is just Rockstar updates and Rockstar screwing things up - not gpu or hardware related at all) and about 2FPS increase.

Or you know, just an underlying issue with your rig...   I have been playing RDR2 since the PC release without any frame dropping issues.
donta1979
Primarch
Re: What I have noticed on the Resizable bar on performance at least on a 3070 Ultra. 2021/04/13 23:20:27 (permalink)
Figured out CP 2077 Onedrive..... Had a lot of settings saved for games, and some how one file with DLSS Quality vs Balanced snuck by. After seeing the icon on the files, decided to  then going onto my onedrive account on the cloud server sure enough... I did this due to putting windows onto a new SSD and really didn't feel like setting game settings all over again.

Prior to Resizable Bar stock settings on hardware.
1440p
Ultra:Ulta-PSYCHO"Relections" DLSS:Quality
40-50 FPS on average with a range of 41-45, more confined areas in the 60 FPS range. Playing with some developer settings I could take it down to a high 38 FPS as my low.
Patch Only: Mid 40's to low 50's sometimes high 50's Range

Now Resizable Bar Applied/patch. Still stock settings Quality/Balanced thanks Onedrive....
1440p
Ultra:Ulta-PSYCHO"Relections" DLSS:Balanced
60-70 FPS Range now, average FPS 63-66, 70-80 in confined space areas in a building/tunnels. 90 has peeked its head but rare.
DLSS:Quality
57-60 Average, Range Low/High FPS 54-70

These are my numbers from actually playing the game. Not standing in one location.

Now standing balanced. Depending on if my CPU spikes to 5.3ghz, my gpu core boost clock jumps to almost 2k, what wonders on screen at the time, to time of day. Standing still can range from 64-68, Same place/time and save. Camera flying pointing to the sky 76-80.

Just figured out Onedrive and how I have things setup was behind it. GPU is nice not magical, but still nice and preforms for whatever reason better than a lot of others. I also know the Samsung Vram on it plays a roll as well as my other hardware as it spikes up on clocks. Just wish the vram would clock higher on stock voltages if it did I would have a magical card. The core clock is way above average be it boosted for overclocked. Still got a big jump in performance more than I should, and honestly I will take it. Seeing less gains in games/benching as I overclock with bar support still for whatever reason.

Sadly everything from launch to Feb 17th was playing on my old system about 180hrs at that point, since that time, patch, bar am at 231hrs.

post edited by donta1979 - 2021/04/13 23:35:43

Heatware   

My Build

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile