VAT Denmark

Author
Storestyggeulv
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/12 14:22:22 (permalink)
Hello
Anyone who can tell me why EVGA Charge 27% VAT When i'm shopping in EU.EVGA.COM Online store from Denmark, when Denmark only have 25% VAT???
Is it normal for EVGA to charge an extra 2% for me shopping in the online shop???

15 Replies Related Threads

Epsolike
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 435
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 06:40:27 (permalink)
    Storestyggeulv
    Hello
    Anyone who can tell me why EVGA Charge 27% VAT When i'm shopping in EU.EVGA.COM Online store from Denmark, when Denmark only have 25% VAT???
    Is it normal for EVGA to charge an extra 2% for me shopping in the online shop???

Hey Stores, fellow EU guy here.
    Not sure how that would happen, unless you are located in Hungary and trying to order from that location to your Denmark address (this assumption is based on the fact that only Hungary has 27% VAT and that my best guess is this could only happen if the website was aware of your current location instead).

If somehow that is the case, go to the very last step just before submitting purchase and see if the percentage gets corrected there since by then your correct address should be applied.
    If it's not the case at all, supporteu@evga.com is the department you have to talk to to have it figured out/corrected (they are the proper EU office based in germany that handle the EU Shop orders and related business).
    You can also call them on the phone if you prefer the more direct and faster approach (you want to call Germany and not the UK number):

EVGA Europe

• German Office
    • Munich, Germany

• Call Service
    • Germany: +49 (0) 8918-904911
    • United Kingdom: +44 (0) 1788-247-506
    Service Hours
  • Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 18:00 CET

• EVGA X570 DARK (1.09) [manual SoC, AUTO high!]
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D [-25 -25 -25 -20 -25 -25 -25 -25]
    GSKILL Royal Elite (Gold) 3600C14 (B-die) [F4-3600C14D-32GTEGA]
    EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 07:33:32 (permalink)
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Hello

Not sure how that would happen, unless you are located in Hungary and trying to order from that location to your Denmark address (this assumption is based on the fact that only Hungary has 27% VAT and that my best guess is this could only happen if the website was aware of your current location instead).

If somehow that is the case, go to the very last step just before submitting purchase and see if the percentage gets corrected there since by then your correct address should be applied.
    If it's not the case at all, supporteu@evga.com is the department you have to talk to to have it figured out/corrected (they are the proper EU office based in germany that handle the EU Shop orders and related business).
    You can also call them on the phone if you prefer the more direct and faster approach (you want to call Germany and not the UK number):

EVGA Europe

• German Office
    • Munich, Germany

• Call Service
    Service Hours

• I have been e-mailing screenshots a bit back and forth with EVGA Support and we found out that the bug correct it self when you do the actual check out :-)
  • Meanwhile i found out that it is impossible to find a Water Block in Europe for the 3090TI, so i might as well wait for EVGA to get the Water Cooled 3090 or 3090TI in stock in Europe before i buy anything at all.
  • Kinda bugs me i have to wait so long, since i already have an Corsair AX1600i and 64GB (8x8) 4000Mhz Ram laying here laughing at me while i wait for the chance to get a upgrade Graphic Card from my old slow 2080XC... 
    Epsolike
    iCX Member
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 07:54:58 (permalink)
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Hello

EVGA Europe

• German Office
    • Munich, Germany

• Call Service
    Service Hours

• I have been e-mailing screenshots a bit back and forth with EVGA Support and we found out that the bug correct it self when you do the actual check out :-)
  • Meanwhile i found out that it is impossible to find a Water Block in Europe for the 3090TI, so i might as well wait for EVGA to get the Water Cooled 3090 or 3090TI in stock in Europe before i buy anything at all.
  • Kinda bugs me i have to wait so long, since i already have an Corsair AX1600i and 64GB (8x8) 4000Mhz Ram laying here laughing at me while i wait for the chance to get a upgrade Graphic Card from my old slow 2080XC... 

• Ohh, allright then, so like i assumed before submitting the order it gets corrected, some data have behaved for me similarly before on the EU Shop.
    And yeah i didn't look into 3090Ti WaterBlocks myself whereas i have for every previous models, so not sure who are making any at all for these recent EVGA models, tipically it's EKWB (they are based in Slovenia and generally the best option for us in EU).
    I did a quick search, and EKWB suggests blocks are "coming soon" atleast for the 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra, although i would ask them directly (which you can no problem) if they are indeed in the making.
    Lastly if i may, from past experience and having monitored 3000 series since 2020 now, i can confidently say that the EU Shop will likely not have 3090Ti HydroCopper cards, not only it didn't have any for any previous one, but i think there is not an SKU actually for these.
    Your next best bet would be the 3090Ti Hybrid, but even if the Taiwan warehouse and EU office finally allocates any, it will be found at EU Retail partners and not on the EU Shop.

UPDATE: I did look a bit around and EKWB actually confirms blocks are coming for the EVGA 3090Ti, you can find it here.
    post edited by Epsolike - 2022/05/13 08:00:36

EVGA X570 DARK (1.09) [manual SoC, AUTO high!]
    EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 08:51:50 (permalink)
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Hello

EVGA Europe

• German Office
    • Munich, Germany

• Call Service
    Service Hours

• Ohh, allright then, so like i assumed before submitting the order it gets corrected, some data have behaved for me similarly before on the EU Shop.
    And yeah i didn't look into 3090Ti WaterBlocks myself whereas i have for every previous models, so not sure who are making any at all for these recent EVGA models, tipically it's EKWB (they are based in Slovenia and generally the best option for us in EU).
    I did a quick search, and EKWB suggests blocks are "coming soon" atleast for the 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra, although i would ask them directly (which you can no problem) if they are indeed in the making.
    Lastly if i may, from past experience and having monitored 3000 series since 2020 now, i can confidently say that the EU Shop will likely not have 3090Ti HydroCopper cards, not only it didn't have any for any previous one, but i think there is not an SKU actually for these.
    Your next best bet would be the 3090Ti Hybrid, but even if the Taiwan warehouse and EU office finally allocates any, it will be found at EU Retail partners and not on the EU Shop.

UPDATE: I did look a bit around and EKWB actually confirms blocks are coming for the EVGA 3090Ti, you can find it here.

Hm, if what you say about Europe shop not will have any 3090TI Hydro Copper and if the 3090 Hydro Copper also does not get available, then i am no longer an EVGA Customer...
    I have been using EVGA Exclusively for Mainbord and Graphic cards ever since 2010 (For my self, family and when building computers for friends etc.)... but if EVGA will not sell me the hardware i want to buy, then i will no longer support EVGA and never buy any hardware ever again from EVGA!!!
    It p*sses me off that they scr*w me over like this, when i am a didicated customer for 12+ years...
    I'm tired of having to buy a more expensive card than the Hydro Copper, then rip off the Air Cooler and build on a damn expensive Water Cooler Block to get what i would like to have bought the first place...
    Epsolike
    iCX Member
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 08:59:29 (permalink)
    Not sure what to say Sir to support you, if you go to the 3090Ti category on the US page you can see they only sell their HydroCopper separately, there is no SKU that has it already put on. We also have it on the EU page, but from past experience it will LIKELY not make it to the EU Shop.
    Still don't let that or me discourage you, either the HydroCopper kit or the EKWB or other watercooling brand's blocks should eventually be available, if nothing else from EU Retailers. Maybe just give them a bit more time, the 3090Ti is still very recent!

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 09:18:16 (permalink)
    Epsolike
    Not sure what to say Sir to support you, if you go to the 3090Ti category on the US page you can see they only sell their HydroCopper separately, there is no SKU that has it already put on. We also have it on the EU page, but from past experience it will LIKELY not make it to the EU Shop.
    Still don't let that or me discourage you, either the HydroCopper kit or the EKWB or other watercooling brand's blocks should eventually be available, if nothing else from EU Retailers. Maybe just give them a bit more time, the 3090Ti is still very recent!

What p*sses me off is if you take the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER GAMING, 24G-P5-3989-KR, 24GB they sell for 1679,99€ + 25% VAT + Import Tax (cant remember %) 2100€ + Import Tax
    The EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-3987-KR, 24GB they sell for 1799,99€ + 25% VAT + Import Tax.
    And the EKWB Water Block is another 410€ so total to buy a Water Cooled RTX 3090 FTW3 in Europe/Denmark is a total of 2210€ FOR THE SAME PERFORMANCE as a 1700€ Card... now you know why i feel like i am being bend over and screwed hardcore by EVGA???
    So Total for me is like 2660€ which is like 2800US$ + TAX.... you see now why i feel screwer over???
    SO 2800US$ for a 1900US$ if i build it in Denmark, rather than buy it Water Cooled from EVGA (which i aparently can not due to politics)

Do you undestand my anger? :-)
    Epsolike
    iCX Member
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 09:33:20 (permalink)
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike

What p*sses me off is if you take the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER GAMING, 24G-P5-3989-KR, 24GB they sell for 1679,99€ + 25% VAT + Import Tax (cant remember %) 2100€ + Import Tax
    The EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-3987-KR, 24GB they sell for 1799,99€ + 25% VAT + Import Tax.
    And the EKWB Water Block is another 410€ so total to buy a Water Cooled RTX 3090 FTW3 in Europe/Denmark is a total of 2210€ FOR THE SAME PERFORMANCE as a 1700€ Card... now you know why i feel like i am being bend over and screwed hardcore by EVGA???
    So Total for me is like 2660€ which is like 2800US$ + TAX.... you see now why i feel screwer over???
    SO 2800US$ for a 1900US$ if i build it in Denmark, rather than buy it Water Cooled from EVGA (which i aparently can not due to politics)

You are wrong about one thing, there is no additional import tax when you order anything from the EVGA EU Shop, you pay the VAT Exclusive price (listed price) + your country's VAT (25%) in your case. Even though they send item from Taiwan and it would technically be import, it is handled with DHL Express in a way where you don't pay ontop of what the listing price + VAT sum is. They send all packages with DHL Express service called DDP (Delivery Duties Paid), and if you read after this, this means EVGA takes care of this through DHL Express on your behalf, no extra charges.
    I can personally confirm this as i have ordered cards myself and i also know others from other EU countries who did. All you will be required is to hand in some data or fill in documents for DHL Express online.

As for the other costs, considering you are buying the most expensive card models and you want to watercool them aswell idk what to say there, thats expensive business, even just the waterblocks themselves, they have been expensive for a long time now.
    That is precisely why i don't have a custom watercooled rig, i wouldn't be able to afford all this.
    So yes, i'm personally completely aware of your frustration, i have some good understanding of all this.

One last thing, even though the EU Shop never sold the HydroCopper cards, they were available multiple times on Alza (a reputable EU shop that is present in multiple countries even) for example, so if someone was waiting for those exclusively, thats one place they could have been purchased from. I have also remotely remember seeing them on other German retailers, but it has been a while and i tend to forget specifics, they are and were always very niche and limited production items, i don't think that has changed much.
    post edited by Epsolike - 2022/05/13 09:35:06

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Epsolike
    iCX Member
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 09:41:01 (permalink)
    Actually excuse me i'm completely stupid, i just have realised those are HydroCopper cards and not kits on both websites, the images threw me off very far. So scratch everything i said about "kits". In this case there is a slight chance that the HC cards will eventually appear, but not much has changed, if they ever come they will be mostly at EU Retailers (considering how limited these are and from past experience).
    Sorry again, i got lost myself while trying to multitask.

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 10:00:13 (permalink)
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike

You are wrong about one thing, there is no additional import tax when you order anything from the EVGA EU Shop, you pay the VAT Exclusive price (listed price) + your country's VAT (25%) in your case. Even though they send item from Taiwan and it would technically be import, it is handled with DHL Express in a way where you don't pay ontop of what the listing price + VAT sum is. They send all packages with DHL Express service called DDP (Delivery Duties Paid), and if you read after this, this means EVGA takes care of this through DHL Express on your behalf, no extra charges.
    I can personally confirm this as i have ordered cards myself and i also know others from other EU countries who did. All you will be required is to hand in some data or fill in documents for DHL Express online.

As for the other costs, considering you are buying the most expensive card models and you want to watercool them aswell idk what to say there, thats expensive business, even just the waterblocks themselves, they have been expensive for a long time now.
    That is precisely why i don't have a custom watercooled rig, i wouldn't be able to afford all this.
    So yes, i'm personally completely aware of your frustration, i have some good understanding of all this.

One last thing, even though the EU Shop never sold the HydroCopper cards, they were available multiple times on Alza (a reputable EU shop that is present in multiple countries even) for example, so if someone was waiting for those exclusively, thats one place they could have been purchased from. I have also remotely remember seeing them on other German retailers, but it has been a while and i tend to forget specifics, they are and were always very niche and limited production items, i don't think that has changed much.

You are Wrong about the Import Tax part, an item that is more than 1100 DKR (154US$ 148€) then you pay additional 2,5% TOLD and then the 25% VAT on on top, so EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER GAMING, 24G-P5-3989-KR is 1680€ + 2,5% TOLD + 25% VAT = 2152,5€ + DK Shipping Import Handeling Fees, because they ship it from Taiwan and not Europe.
    Trust me, i have been importing loads of stuff from China for much much more than a Graphic Card...
    post edited by Storestyggeulv - 2022/05/13 10:04:36
    Epsolike
    iCX Member
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 10:16:13 (permalink)
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike

You are Wrong about the Import Tax part, an item that is more than 1100 DKR (154US$ 148€) then you pay additional 2,5% TOLD and then the 25% VAT on on top, so EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYDRO COPPER GAMING, 24G-P5-3989-KR is 1680€ + 2,5% TOLD + 25% VAT = 2152,5€ + DK Shipping Import Handeling Fees, because they ship it from Taiwan and not Europe.
    Trust me, i have been importing loads of stuff from China for much much more than a Graphic Card...

Taiwan is not China and the DDP service under DHL Express is universal for all EVGA EU orders, i have confirmed this with people from Germany, Slovenia, Romania who have ordered (also one more county which i forgot, and then i'm from Hungary and it's same here when i ordered from EVGA EU Shop), i don't see why would it be suddenly different for just Denmark. We also do have treshholds for the value of goods like 500/1200/1500+ EUR, but in each category there was never extra import fees, DHL Express just asked for more data and had to fill in more documents the higher the category was.
    Take a read about DDP from DHL Express, because it might save you some money!
    post edited by Epsolike - 2022/05/13 10:18:17

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 10:59:21 (permalink)
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike
    Storestyggeulv
    Epsolike

Taiwan is not China and the DDP service under DHL Express is universal for all EVGA EU orders, i have confirmed this with people from Germany, Slovenia, Romania who have ordered (also one more county which i forgot, and then i'm from Hungary and it's same here when i ordered from EVGA EU Shop), i don't see why would it be suddenly different for just Denmark. We also do have treshholds for the value of goods like 500/1200/1500+ EUR, but in each category there was never extra import fees, DHL Express just asked for more data and had to fill in more documents the higher the category was.
    Take a read about DDP from DHL Express, because it might save you some money!

When living in Denmark and doing internet shopping Outside of EU, then i have to pay Import Tax + VAT + Handeling fee to the Danish transport company.
    Does not matter if i buy from USA, China, Taiwan or anywhere else when i shop from OUTSIDE EU.
    I do know that Germany and Slovenia and Romania and all the other countries in EU have diffrent rules than Denmark, even tho we are all in the EU, but i live in Denmark and not in Germany or Slovenia or Romania and in Denmark you have to pay Import Tax + VAT + Handeling fee to the Danish transport company (ie. Postnord, DHL, GLS ect. ect.)...

[font="'helvetica neue', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 22px"]Hvad er moms, told og gebyr?
    Når du køber en vare i et land uden for EU, skal du betale afgifter til Toldstyrelsen uanset prisen, jf. de nye momsregler som er trådt i kraft pr 1. juli 2021. På www.undgåprischok.dk kan du læse mere om de nye regler.​
    Varens værdiHvor meget skal jeg betale​0-1.150 kr.Du skal betale moms og importgebyr​Over 1.150 kr.​Du skal betale moms, eventuel told og importgebyr

https://www.google.dk/search?q=told+regler+danmark&sxsrf=ALiCzsZQoPSQgg2SuLaBeHs956Eq_79O1Q%3A1652465020359&ei=fJ1-YqDBFYKUkwXckqnoCw&oq=dansk+told&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYAzIHCCMQsAMQJzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwAzIHCAAQRxCwA0oECEEYAEoECEYYAFAAWABg0hJoAXABeACAAQCIAQCSAQCYAQDIAQnAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz 
    post edited by Storestyggeulv - 2022/05/13 11:09:05
    Epsolike
    iCX Member
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 11:27:15 (permalink)
    My last attempt to help: https://www.dhl.com/dk-en/home/our-divisions/global-forwarding/forwarding-insights/understand-incoterms.html
    Incoterms - D Group/DDP - It explains why and how you are NOT paying more than EVGA asks you at the time of transaction.

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/13 13:02:10 (permalink)
    Epsolike
    My last attempt to help: https://www.dhl.com/dk-en/home/our-divisions/global-forwarding/forwarding-insights/understand-incoterms.html
    Incoterms - D Group/DDP - It explains why and how you are NOT paying more than EVGA asks you at the time of transaction.

Well you are right about i'm paying the full ammount (2020€ + 25% VAT) to EVGA, but what i am trying to say is i get screwed over by EVGA because when i order EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-4985-KR, 24GB GDDR6X, iCX3 which is 2020€ EX VAT, then you have to add 25% to that price which is 2525€ and then add 410€ for EK Water Block because EVGA does not want to sell 3090TI Hydro Copper or 3090 Hydro Copper to Europe due to company policies...
    My problem is not just the VAT, my problem is that if i want to buy an 3090TI Water Cooled Graphic Card from EVGA i have to pay about 30% more than if i lived in USA for the same card, due to EVGA NOT SELLING 3090TI Hydro Copper to EUROPE!
    Also IF EVGA was shipping the cards from Europe and not Taiwan, then i would only have to pay the 2020€ + the 410€ for the EK Water Block, which is only a total of 2430€ instead of the 2935€ i have to pay now.
    So what i am trying to say is that if i shop at an EU shop (ie eu.evga.com), then it would not be necessary to pay the extra 505€, but since EVGA CHOOSE to ship Europe orders from Taiwan, then it cost me an extra 25% in VAT because EVGA do not have a EU storage + 410€ because EVGA does not want to sell Hydro Copper cards to Europe...
    THAT is Why i feel i get screwed over by EVGA.
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/14 00:42:37 (permalink)
    Hey Epsolike
    Alza does not sell to Denmark
    Storestyggeulv
    Re: VAT Denmark 2022/05/14 07:57:45 (permalink)
    Hm, maybe the rumors is true about EVGA pulling out of Europe, or at least does not care for the European market anymore.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile