Helpful ReplyUnofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA

Page: << < ..6667686970.. > >> Showing page 67 of 122
Author
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/03 21:44:29 (permalink)
arcadia_never
Denloch
That’s correct. Evga is honoring the original price if they’re able to provide the product before that date.

If they can’t, then the price goes up to whatever the current msrp at that time is.

wow, I find this shocking. how hard would it be for them to honor the original quoted price? if evga wanted, they could easily clear the step up queue before to april. that's fully under their control

I don't think the Step Up program is a priority. It's unlikely they will clear it in fact, I'm about 40 cards away and I have serious doubts I'll see mine before April. This whole launch has been a disaster except for the scalpers, they are making bank while we wait for EVGA to trickle cards into the step up side of thngs

Tneptunus
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/03 23:27:18 (permalink)
https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidias-board-partners-didnt-get-any-rtx-30-series-chips-in-january-exclusive/amp/
sliptap
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/04 07:36:00 (permalink)
Tneptunus
https://www.hardwaretimes...january-exclusive/amp/

Thank you for sharing this! Although this is specific for APAC, it does add some clarity to pressures that AIBs are facing because of Nvidia's supply issues. Obviously COVID doesn't help with this, but good to know that it isn't necessarily EVGA's fault. I'm wondering how they are going to handle these step ups if they go another year...
D33p5
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/04 11:16:09 (permalink)
I am happy to report My 3080 has arrived and was a day early!
Thank you Evga for your step-up program!
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/04 20:54:38 (permalink)
arcadia_never
Denloch
That’s correct. Evga is honoring the original price if they’re able to provide the product before that date.

If they can’t, then the price goes up to whatever the current msrp at that time is.

wow, I find this shocking. how hard would it be for them to honor the original quoted price? if evga wanted, they could easily clear the step up queue before april. that's fully under their control

The step up program is not something they have to do or prioritize.  I'm actually surprised that they offer it since they are taking back a used GPU and giving you credit to an upgrade at the price you can prove you paid from an authorized reseller.  Imagine if they did this for cars, we'd all be rolling in newer nicer cars all the time.  When I looked at my step up info, I paid 730 for my 3070 FTW3, but they are going to credit me that amount toward my step up to the 3080 FTW3.  So to me, its worth it and unfortunately because of the shortage of cards I will be waiting for my turn in the step up.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1735
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/04 21:29:53 (permalink)
I have a feeling I wont be seeing my card until at least May... It's ANNOYING..but I'm still rocking 3yr old 1080 Ti's until one dies..so game on!

Only real issue I'm having at the moment is making sure I have the $530 or so I'll need to go from a 2060 Super SC Ultra, to the 3080 RTX FTW3 Ultra and not use it for other more pressing matters.. North Eastern snow storms is KILLING my spending money and making me burn terribly.

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
dwgrilley
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/05 13:17:04 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
arcadia_never
Denloch

wow, I find this shocking. how hard would it be for them to honor the original quoted price? if evga wanted, they could easily clear the step up queue before april. that's fully under their control

The step up program is not something they have to do or prioritize.  I'm actually surprised that they offer it since they are taking back a used GPU and giving you credit to an upgrade at the price you can prove you paid from an authorized reseller.  Imagine if they did this for cars, we'd all be rolling in newer nicer cars all the time.  When I looked at my step up info, I paid 730 for my 3070 FTW3, but they are going to credit me that amount toward my step up to the 3080 FTW3.  So to me, its worth it and unfortunately because of the shortage of cards I will be waiting for my turn in the step up.  

While I agree with your statement you have to remember that probably 90% of the people in this thread ONLY bought an old EVGA GPU because of the ability to step up myself included.  This program allows them to continue selling old stock at regular inflated prices without having to discount it.   Granted eventually they have to take it back and resell it this does give them an interesting market.   I actually emailed them before buying the card to verify how step up would work and they told me it could be as long as 5 months before I got my card.   I signed up on 9/25 and we are closing in rapidly on the 5 month mar in a few weeksk.   My own guess with how slowly these are being fulfilled and the massive surge in mining continuing to keep demand incredibly high is that I won't see my step up fulfilled for a full year from the time I put it in unless something drastically changes.  New cards may be getting released by the time my step up actually occurs.   I don't think EVGA is the villain here as they have no control over how many gpus they can make, but lets all hope NVIDIA(who is the villain) and AMD don't misjudge demand so badly in the future and make the business changes necessary to increase supply.   I actually gave up on my step up and used a free bot to buy a 3090 on amazon. Even with a bot a 3080 is nearly impossible to get because there are so many bots competing for them.   If EVGA was smart they would have some kind of paid program where you could be part of it and get a new GPU every other year that would mean the true die-hard fans would get GPUs when they are released instead of bots because honestly the only people who can get a GPU anymore are the ones using bots.
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/05 13:39:25 (permalink)
I feel your pain bro, I do wish they would release more cards through the step up program.  But I think the balance of cards available to the online direct purchase and the step up program are being shared to be honest.  I would have preferred that they didn't do the online registration for anyone and take care of the step ups first or only have the step up as a way to reward brand loyalty.  I feel that they should prioritize the step ups over the online registration though.  Keep the faith and I do hope you get your card as soon as possible.  While EVGA's efforts are better than most, I do think you are on the right path about taking care of true supporters of the brand.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
anarchy998
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3051
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/06 10:44:42 (permalink)
We know how the stepup program works. I've bought A LOT of cards from this company. I also have notifications for several different cards. We are saying they should put a little bit more of a priority on them

i9 12900k
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb
WD Black SN850 1tb NVME
Corsair 7000D Airflow
EVGA 1200 P3 psu
EVGA Nu Audio Pro
Corsair H150i 360 Elite Capellix

liud21
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/06 15:46:02 (permalink)
people who buy 3080s in May will step-up to a 3080Ti, before i even get a 3080... lol
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1735
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/07 00:33:44 (permalink)
Kinda feel the brand loyalty part... would be very nice if they helped those who have multiple EVGA products..

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
stahlkid
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/07 08:06:59 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
arcadia_never
Denloch

Given the current GPU shortage not only can you take your used GPU (car) and trade it in for full credit, most our used GPU's are currently selling on eBay used for MORE than we paid for it.  

EVGA will have no problem unloading the step-up cards, the problem is...there are no cards.
panime
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/07 10:26:07 (permalink)
So... Did anyone get any step up notifications this February yet?
thexbitterxendx
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/07 18:14:04 (permalink)
this is why we cant have nice things.

Nagorak
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/07 22:21:34 (permalink)
juggar

You will likely end up paying more since you'll get yours after April. 

Anyone that made a serious effort around launch got a 3080, be it from eVGA, Nvidia or some other source (i.e. adorama pre orders). 

The REAL issue here is, people dogpiled "Step up" like it was some sort of guaranteed pre order. Ive been enjoying my 3080 Since the beginning of October, meanwhile folks are barely getting theirs nearly 5 months later from the FIRST day of step up. 

I really hope folks learned from the exercise. Waiting half a year for step up is NOT a smart move and it will end up costing some folks here additional money if they get their after April. 

I fully expect things to slow down significantly as the Chinese new year sets in during middle Feb, and then soon thereafter people will be getting $1400 Stimulus in the USA and will be looking to buy lots of things (including GPUs). 

I disagree with pretty much everything you're saying. I don't think it's remotely true that everyone who made a concerted effort got a 3080. Not everyone can camp outside of Micro Center overnight, or refresh sites all day long. Plenty of people who wanted one did not get one, and still have not.

The problem isn't that people "dogpiled Step up", it's that we're in a global pandemic which has spawned massive hardware demand, without nearly enough supply to meet it. Not everyone was going to get a 3080 who wanted one, there simply weren't enough to go around. As an example of how crazy things currently are, 2 or 3 year old used GPUs are selling for more than they did when new! Obviously a lot of people are not getting what they want.

I don't think there's much to learn from this situation, because the current circumstances are simply bizarre and may never occur again. Normally not that many people would have bother signing up for step up to start with, and the queue would have gone faster since the product wouldn't be entirely sold out. People signed up for step-up out of desperation, not because it was their preferred method of getting a card.

Personally I am not really that concerned about waiting. The $70 is a bit of a bitter pill, but it is what it is. If I managed to buy a new card now I'd be paying it anyway.
post edited by Nagorak - 2021/02/07 22:24:28
tomance
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/08 09:36:38 (permalink)
Still in Queue. around 12:30 (eastern time according to my email) on 9/17.
dwgrilley
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/09 09:58:32 (permalink)
Looks like they haven't even shipped a card since 1/27 which is crazy.  I just can't believe people that ordered a step up within the first week probably won't see their card for over a year.  Some other company needs to step in the mix and take NVIDIA and AMD to task.   They simply aren't meeting what the market demands and seem completely incompetent at being able to ramp up the supply.   Also EVGA should stop shipping cards to retailers that do nothing to combat bots and prioritize their own queues first.  Both their purchase queue and their step up queue.  The fact that I (and many others) bought an EVGA 3090 card from amazon with a bot <24 hours after running the bot isn't fair to all the people waiting legitimately in the EVGA queue (of which I am also one of).   
wmunn
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/09 12:17:45 (permalink)
dwgrilley
Looks like they haven't even shipped a card since 1/27 which is crazy.  I just can't believe people that ordered a step up within the first week probably won't see their card for over a year.  Some other company needs to step in the mix and take NVIDIA and AMD to task.   They simply aren't meeting what the market demands and seem completely incompetent at being able to ramp up the supply.   Also EVGA should stop shipping cards to retailers that do nothing to combat bots and prioritize their own queues first.  Both their purchase queue and their step up queue.  The fact that I (and many others) bought an EVGA 3090 card from amazon with a bot <24 hours after running the bot isn't fair to all the people waiting legitimately in the EVGA queue (of which I am also one of).   

so you admit you are using bots, purchasing multiples etc... yet complaining about the notification queue situation?

thexbitterxendx
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/09 16:52:15 (permalink)
wmunn
dwgrilley

so you admit you are using bots, purchasing multiples etc... yet complaining about the notification queue situation?

bots are fair game, gotta join them to beat'em.

Fawalken
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/10 13:13:57 (permalink)
thexbitterxendx

bots are fair game, gotta join them to beat'em.

I really want to disagree with this, but at this point, it seems that the bot people had the right idea. They've got their cards, and we do not and may not for many more months.
wmunn
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - NORTH AMERICA 2021/02/10 13:39:31 (permalink)
regardless of emotion, 2 wrongs never make a right.

JohnDavis8573
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/10 20:58:11 (permalink)
Can I RMA my GTX 970 SSC for the Step-Up program?

jay2nice000
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/10 21:03:21 (permalink)
JohnDavis8573

can you call evga and asm them instead of a bunch of strangers that don't work for them?
JohnDavis8573
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/10 21:35:54 (permalink)
jay2nice000
JohnDavis8573

can you call evga and asm them instead of a bunch of strangers that don't work for them?

Funny name for a guy like you.  Maybe if it wasn't 11:34PM I could call them.  Real question is if you don't have an answer then why waste your time responding?  
jay2nice000
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/10 21:43:51 (permalink)
JohnDavis8573
jay2nice000
JohnDavis8573

Funny name for a guy like you.  Maybe if it wasn't 11:34PM I could call them.  Real question is if you don't have an answer then why waste your time responding?  
I guess taking the time to read the step up guidelines is a waste of time since reading is fundamental?
JohnDavis8573
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/10 21:45:30 (permalink)
jay2nice000
JohnDavis8573
jay2nice000
JohnDavis8573

I guess taking the time to read the step up guidelines is a waste of time since reading is fundamental?

So does that mean you still don't have an answer?  
jdcarpe
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/11 05:44:49 (permalink)
JohnDavis8573

Did you purchase the GTX 970 SSC from an authorized reseller within the last 90 days (since 11/13/2020)?

Only EVGA products are eligible for the Step-Up program.
EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States, Canada and EU Countries.
EVGA Step-Up is available only to the original end-user purchaser of the product from an authorized reseller.
The EVGA Step-Up program is available to EVGA graphics cards and motherboards for customers within 90 days of their original purchase date based on invoice verification.
JohnDavis8573
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/11 05:52:27 (permalink)
jdcarpe
JohnDavis8573

Did you purchase the GTX 970 SSC from an authorized reseller within the last 90 days (since 11/13/2020)?

Only EVGA products are eligible for the Step-Up program.
EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States, Canada and EU Countries.
EVGA Step-Up is available only to the original end-user purchaser of the product from an authorized reseller.
The EVGA Step-Up program is available to EVGA graphics cards and motherboards for customers within 90 days of their original purchase date based on invoice verification.

Oh WOW 90 days, I figured the step up program was like what MSI did, where I got to trade my laptop for another one and they knocked 700 dollars off the price of the new one.  Thanks for the info jdcarpe
EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/11 09:03:05 (permalink)
How is the American queue doing for the 3080? Have you guys moved since this year?

Our queue in Europe hasn't moved since 2021  I am stuck in the queue (5 months next week) because retail prices in Europe are the same as scalpers already and have lost the window to find reasonably priced GPUs elsewere lol. 3070s run for 700-1K Eur, 3080s 1.2K-1.5K, and 3090s 2.2K up. 

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
cleavzz
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread. 2021/02/11 09:07:45 (permalink)
EK3Ferio
How is the American queue doing for the 3080? Have you guys moved since this year?

Our queue in Europe hasn't moved since 2021  I am stuck in the queue (5 months next week) because retail prices in Europe are the same as scalpers already and have lost the window to find reasonably priced GPUs elsewere lol. 3070s run for 700-1K Eur, 3080s 1.2K-1.5K, and 3090s 2.2K up. 

The queue hasn't moved for about 2 weeks now. NA is still on Day 1 of step ups. I am on Day 1 and got in queue at around 4:45PM PST.

2021 is the year of the online scalper. They are even seeping into McDonald's toys with the new Pokemon cards released in the Happy Meal.
Page: << < ..6667686970.. > >> Showing page 67 of 122
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile