Author
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3954
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 65
2019/09/21 08:22:38 (permalink)
Hey all :)

We all know Brett from UFD Tech right and is detailed reviews and Hot News videos, well sadly that is all coming  to an end, I decided to help spread the news so he can gather more publicity for his patreon if his is not aloud feel free to delete the post

As that video explains his son isn't doing well and needs better medial treatment, Brett and and his wife are selling everything they have to help fund the medical needed support of their son.
They need better medical treatment for their son, and South Africa can't provide that so moving back to USA is planned.

Hereby I am posting this on my sites and other places I am part of as well, all to help spread word for Brett.
So far he has no idea what will happen to the channel, but due to the health status of his son he has to leave SA and go back to USA and build up anew from there.

But if this is not accepted here I will understand if and why this post was removed, I'm just trying to spread word for Brett to help find more aid.

Gold Leader out.

15 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 16551
    • Ribbons : 271
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 10:27:54 (permalink)
    Never heard of them.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 11:40:13 (permalink)
    theyare famous hardware reviewers from You Tube, LinusTechTips, The Good Old Gamer, JayzTwoCentz all know em very well.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 16551
    • Ribbons : 271
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 12:10:12 (permalink)
    Gold Leader
    theyare famous hardware reviewers from You Tube, LinusTechTips, The Good Old Gamer, JayzTwoCentz all know em very well.

Never heard of The Good Old Gamer; but I can't stand LinusTechTips (over-hyped spastic who will do and say just about anything for sponsor money), and I got annoyed with JayzTwoCentz (for hanging out too much with Linus, rambling too much about his uninteresting car hobby, and acting a bit like a sell-out), so I unsubscribed from JayzTwoCents. So, it makes sense that I hadn't heard of UFD Tech either.  The funny thing is that I love passionate car channels (like MightyCarMods), but JayzTwoCents' incredibly boring car hobby, based mostly on simply having money to spend, was the tipping point for me.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/09/21 12:21:32

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9189
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 12:27:36 (permalink)
    Whats a youtube review, lol.  I dont even bother with utube anymore....
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 12:46:27 (permalink)
    Channels I watch are mostly these:

UFD Tech
    bit-tech
    Not an apple fan aka NAAF
    The Good Old Gamer
    Gamers Nexus
    RedTeamGaming
    Corteks
    Moore's law is Dead.
    Phil's Computer Lab
    Hardware Unboxed

And probably a few others

These channels are ideal for accurate and solid information, great conversations and discussions about all sorts of hardware.
    But also how the market is playing with people and how hardware companies either use false marketing or over value their products even it's not even worth it.

Such things are worth watching for me, Phil'n Computer Lab is ideal for  people that are more in to retro hardware like I have been doing recently.
    And I use all the others to keep up with everything else.

JayzTwoCents & LinusTechTips are fun to watch  and yeah they are a bit full of themselves but they do have some fun moments.

Eskimonster
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 13:03:21 (permalink)
    Gold Leader
    Channels I watch are mostly these:

UFD Tech
    bit-tech
    Not an apple fan aka NAAF
    The Good Old Gamer
    Gamers Nexus
    RedTeamGaming
    Corteks
    Moore's law is Dead.
    Phil's Computer Lab
    Hardware Unboxed

And probably a few others

These channels are ideal for accurate and solid information, great conversations and discussions about all sorts of hardware.
    But also how the market is playing with people and how hardware companies either use false marketing or over value their products even it's not even worth it.

Such things are worth watching for me, Phil'n Computer Lab is ideal for  people that are more in to retro hardware like I have been doing recently.
    And I use all the others to keep up with everything else.

JayzTwoCents & LinusTechTips are fun to watch  and yeah they are a bit full of themselves but they do have some fun moments.

Funny i sub to them you mentioned :),and theres a new guy named Bearded Hardware, which do in LN2 record breaking.

post edited by Eskimonster - 2019/09/21 13:07:32
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9317
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 13:27:58 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear about his kid, but i have never watched his youtube channel.

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 10615
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 13:53:27 (permalink)
    He gives a day to day breakdown on what he found as newsorthy technology updates that he runs across. He's pretty effective at it if you don't have the time to sit around and surf forum posts, this is a great avenue. His content is pretty easy to listen to without even watching YouTube so I sometimes will listen to just the audio portion to get a few updates on the way to work or something. It's very unfortunate he's going through this rough time, I really hope he gets the help his child needs. I think he's had a significant amount of support to help him and i'm looking forward to see what comes.

ty_ger07

Never heard of The Good Old Gamer; but I can't stand LinusTechTips (over-hyped spastic who will do and say just about anything for sponsor money), and I got annoyed with JayzTwoCentz (for hanging out too much with Linus, rambling too much about his uninteresting car hobby, and acting a bit like a sell-out), so I unsubscribed from JayzTwoCents. So, it makes sense that I hadn't heard of UFD Tech either.  The funny thing is that I love passionate car channels (like MightyCarMods), but JayzTwoCents' incredibly boring car hobby, based mostly on simply having money to spend, was the tipping point for me.

I see where you are coming from, I really hate ad's. I've honestly been turned away from the main ones for a good while because of it... But when I think about it, that's how they earn their income, if they do not do that... They can not afford to do the things they do on their channel. As envious as I can get of that life, I realize... I could attempt to do the same but yet I put zero effort into it because i'm unwilling to make the sacrifices needed to do it. These guys now work for YouTube and have to follow their regulations, so it's definitely changing... Not sure if it's getting better though.
    post edited by RainStryke - 2019/09/25 13:49:16

Intel i9 10900K
    MSI MEG Z490 ACE
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9
    Gold Leader
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/21 17:43:29 (permalink)
    Eskimonster

Funny i sub to them you mentioned :),and theres a new guy named Bearded Hardware, which do in LN2 record breaking.

Oh that's cool even I am not much in to doing that myself I will give it a lookup always cool to see such things

As Brett from UFD Tech goes, guy is great he has been doing lots of charity stuff out of personal good will  and since money isn't on myside that much I am juust spreading word so he gets more publicity and attention of this painful case that is on his wife and his hands.

Shamefully I don't know Brett in person but he seems like one of the very acceptable people out there.
    post edited by Gold Leader - 2019/09/21 17:46:43

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18110
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/28 20:29:03 (permalink)

The future isn't looking good for South Africa politically, so it's probably for the best anyway. Best wishes.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4688
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/28 23:41:57 (permalink)
    If its a internet run site and all he mostly does is regurgitate tech news from around the web with his opinions, why cant he run it from his new place? Or free wifi at Mcdonalds etc...from the road with a lappy???Or the hospital even while he sits with his child?! Not trying to be a jerk, def feel for his situation, but wouldn't that make him want to work even harder? I admit I didn't watch the vid, just going off of GL explanation so maybe the message is lost in translation with me. I do wish him and his family all the best though, no matter what road they take.  

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 10615
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/29 04:11:04 (permalink)
    wmmills
    If its a internet run site and all he mostly does is regurgitate tech news from around the web with his opinions, why cant he run it from his new place? Or free wifi at Mcdonalds etc...from the road with a lappy???Or the hospital even while he sits with his child?! Not trying to be a jerk, def feel for his situation, but wouldn't that make him want to work even harder? I admit I didn't watch the vid, just going off of GL explanation so maybe the message is lost in translation with me. I do wish him and his family all the best though, no matter what road they take.  

He's talking about UFD Tech, his failing channel and website. He has not been able to do that much with it because of where he lives. While we all want to see his son's situation get better, this whole thing is primarily to move back to the USA. His new channel Hot News is where he regurgitates tech news from whatever sources he looks at and he has not mentioned anything about ending that.

Intel i9 10900K
    MSI MEG Z490 ACE
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10332
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/29 20:32:39 (permalink)
    Nereus

The future isn't looking good for South Africa politically, so it's probably for the best anyway. Best wishes.

Not just politically.  Many other things have been going on that the media hasn't been reporting on and why did this guy move to S. A.?

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18110
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/09/29 21:04:50 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    Nereus

Not just politically.  Many other things have been going on that the media hasn't been reporting on and why did this guy move to S. A.?

Well yeah, basically there's a powerful political party effectively advocating for genocide of all white people, so yeah.. not good. And yeah, have to wonder why the move there in the first place... I wonder if they moved in 2016.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4688
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: UFD Tech is ending here is why..it's pretty sad as well 2019/10/01 03:06:43 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    wmmills

He's talking about UFD Tech, his failing channel and website. He has not been able to do that much with it because of where he lives. While we all want to see his son's situation get better, this whole thing is primarily to move back to the USA. His new channel Hot News is where he regurgitates tech news from whatever sources he looks at and he has not mentioned anything about ending that.

Aaahhh, ok thank you for the clarity Rain.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile