EVGA

Running ASUS ROG SLI High-Bandwidth Bridge with Aura Sync RGB on my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI

Author
Digital_Fuzion
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 630
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2018/05/05 19:01:01 (permalink)
I am running the ASUS ROG SLI High-Bandwidth Bridge with Aura Sync RGB on my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 in SLI. I did it purely for aesthetics. My technical question would be if I need to plug in the Asus SLI bridge to the motherboard to add any performance advantages. The RGB settings from the Asus ROG SLI bridge work fine and I only have to tap the surface to change the color on the SLI bridge directly. It will store and hold any color without the Molex connector that leads to the SLI bridge. I would assume if my cards were from Asus then a power source would need to run from the cards to the SLI bridge for something related to RGB color sync/color display or perhaps it's used for scaling SLI in 4K? I only game at 3440 x 1440p with G'Sync. Do I need to plug in the SLI bridge to a power source on the motherboard or perhaps on the EVGA 1080 Ti's? I'm just curious has to what it could be used for aside from the RGB settings. I have to give to Asus for color sync matching the colors of the EVGA 1080 Ti RGB settings. The blues are dead on. I tried the EVGA SLI bridge and the colors were off. The blues were a different tone from one another. 

post edited by Digital_Fuzion - 2018/05/05 19:21:39

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Running ASUS ROG SLI High-Bandwidth Bridge with Aura Sync RGB on my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 2018/05/05 19:35:39 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    I am running the ASUS ROG SLI High-Bandwidth Bridge with Aura Sync RGB on my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 in SLI. I did it purely for aesthetics. My technical question would be if I need to plug in the Asus SLI bridge to the motherboard to add any performance advantages. The RGB settings from the Asus ROG SLI bridge work fine and I only have to tap the surface to change the color on the SLI bridge directly. It will store and hold any color without the Molex connector that leads to the SLI bridge. I would assume if my cards were from Asus then a power source would need to run from the cards to the SLI bridge for something related to RGB color sync/color display or perhaps it's used for scaling SLI in 4K? I only game at 3440 x 1440p with G'Sync. Do I need to plug in the SLI bridge to a power source on the motherboard or perhaps on the EVGA 1080 Ti's? I'm just curious has to what it could be used for aside from the RGB settings. I have to give to Asus for color sync matching the colors of the EVGA 1080 Ti RGB settings. The blues are dead on. I tried the EVGA SLI bridge and the colors were off. The blues were a different tone from one another. 

There is nothing attached to the bridge externally that will affect performance of the GPU beyond aesthetics.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile