Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
stangowner
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2012/07/28 06:15:31 (permalink)
Here is a plug-in that allows you to put EVGA Precision X hardware monitoring information into the Rainmeter customizable resource meter.

Installation:
  1. Download the following zip file and extract it to your "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins" folder.
  2. Copy the appropriate plugin for your computer's architecture from your "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\EVGAPrecision\plugin\<x86 or x64>\EVGAPrecision.dll" to the "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins" folder.
  3. Enable one of the included skins in the rainmeter options - use the EVGAPrecision skin for single graphics cards, or EVGAPrecisionDual for SLI/CrossFire setups.

To use this plugin for data in a custom skin, please do the following:

1. Create a measure using one of the following formats:
    • DataSource - specify the measure using the name of the monitor for the DataSource parameter.  This name should match exactly what is shown in the EVGA Precision X monitoring graphs.  Here is an example for framerate:
      [MeasureEVGAPrecisionFramerate]      
      Measure=Plugin
      Plugin=Plugins\EVGAPrecision.dll
      DataSource=Framerate
      MinValue=0
      MaxValue=200
    • GPU/SourceId - specify the measure using the GPU index and SourceId.  The GPU parameter is the index of your video card starting at 0. If you only have one graphics card, this value will always be 0. Users with multiple cards can use 0, 1, etc to query the respective cards.  The SourceId is the decimal equivalent of the hex value listed in the EVGA Precision SDK (EPHMShreadMemory.h).  This method is prefered to the previous method as it will work for both single and multi card systems.  Here is an example for GPU Usage:
      [MeasureEVGAPrecisionGPU0Usage]      
      Measure=Plugin
      GPU=0
      SourceId=48
      MinValue=0
      MaxValue=100
    • GPU/GPUDescriptor - The GPU parameter is the index of your video card starting at 0. If you only have one graphics card, this value will always be 0. Users with multiple cards can use 0, 1, etc to query the respective cards.  The GpuDescriptor parameter dictates what data you want to return for that particular card. The valid values are listed below in blue, along with some sample data that was returned.
      Family:  GF116
      DisplayName:  GeForce GTX 550 Ti
      Driver:  301.42
      BIOS:  70.26.18.00.00
      Memory:  1024
      GpuId:  VEN_10DE&DEV_1244&SUBSYS_26101462&REV_A1&BUS_2&DEV_0&FN_0
      VendorId:  10DE
      DeviceId:  1244
      SubSystem:  26101462
      Revision:  A1
      Bus:  2
      DeviceNum:  0
      FunctionNum:  0
      For example, you would use this measure to return the display name of the primary graphics card (simply change the GPU=0 to GPU=1 to get the name of the 2nd card in the system):
      [MeasureEVGAPrecisionGPU0DisplayName]      
      Measure=Plugin
      GPU=0
      GPUDescriptor=DisplayName
      UpdateDivider=3600
  2. Create a meter that uses the measure defined in step 1.  Here is an example to display the framerate text value:
    [MeterEVGAPrecisionFamerate]      
    Meter=String
    MeasureName=MeasureEVGAPrecisionFramerate
    X=[MeasureLeftText]
    Y=[MeasureTopGraph]
    Text="Framerate: %1"
    NumOfDecimals=1
    MeterStyle=EVGAPrecisionStyle

Please review the included skins for examples on creating these measures.  Also, please review the documentation on the Rainmeter site for creating skins: 

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.  Special thanks to NoirNL(Emiel) for requesting this plugin.

Thanks,
Nick

EDIT:  Sorry, can't create a download link cause I a newb.  I'll edit the post once I am able to do so.  In the meantime, use this to create your own link (change the dash to a slash):  rivatuner.doomdealer.com-precision-rainmeter-EVGAPrecision.zip

**UPDATED LINK** http://rivatuner.doomdeal...eter/EVGAPrecision.zip
post edited by stangowner - 2012/12/31 18:30:17

42 Replies Related Threads

NoirNL
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/07/28 12:31:37 (permalink)
    Thank you for creating this plugin stangowner, I had been looking for one for quite some time before i contacted you about it.
    griffstert
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/07/28 22:25:53 (permalink)
    the download link seems to be down
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/07/29 04:52:53 (permalink)
    griffstert

I just created my account yesterday, so EVGA won't let me post a URL link for 5 days.  So you will need to copy/paste this into your web browser address:
    rivatuner.doomdealer.com-precision-rainmeter-EVGAPrecision.zip
    and then change the 3 '-' into '/'.  The site is up, I just downloaded it again to make sure.

I'll edit my post in 4 more days so there will be a clickable URL.

If you still have issues, send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you the link.
    - Nick
    griffstert
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/07/29 08:50:06 (permalink)
    stangowner

griffstert

I just created my account yesterday, so EVGA won't let me post a URL link for 5 days.  So you will need to copy/paste this into your web browser address:
    rivatuner.doomdealer.com-precision-rainmeter-EVGAPrecision.zip
    and then change the 3 '-' into '/'.  The site is up, I just downloaded it again to make sure.

I'll edit my post in 4 more days so there will be a clickable URL.

If you still have issues, send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you the link.
    - Nick

the host was probably down last night since it's working now. thanks!
    Konraden
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/10/12 21:02:52 (permalink)
    Do you still have this plugin available? This seems to be the only thread on the entirety of the internets with a PrecisionX plugin for Rainmeter.
    NoirNL
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/10/13 02:38:09 (permalink)
    Konraden

Do you still have this plugin available? This seems to be the only thread on the entirety of the internets with a PrecisionX plugin for Rainmeter.

The link is at the bottom of his post, just had to replace the dashes with slashes.

rivatuner.doomdealer.com/precision/rainmeter/EVGAPrecision.zip
    post edited by NoirNL - 2012/10/13 02:42:13
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/10/13 05:21:39 (permalink)
    Thanks for answering NoirNL.

Initially I thought I just needed to wait the 5 days to create a URL in a post......but I also need 10 posts first too!  So I'll make the link clickable once I can do so.

Good news is this reply got me 1 post closer to the 10 required
    Konraden
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/10/13 10:11:49 (permalink)
    Thanks! I tried that link the other day and it kept telling me 404. I wonder if I miss copied something. 

chiefwotan
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/05 21:39:40 (permalink)
    Just wondering how to make the FPS work i tried every thing with evga Gforce 550 Ti  with rainmeter  mem works core clock works all that but he Framerate i running it in sli mode or single mode nothing can you help ?
    chiefwotan
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/05 21:43:59 (permalink)
    oh btw you fig out how to get the FPS to work for me i post you a pic of my awsom J.A.R.V.I.S  Desktop
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/06 03:15:25 (permalink)
    Hi,

Running PrecisionX 3.0.3 with Rainmeter 2.3.3 on Windows 7x64 using the dual GPU skin included shows FPS perfectly fine for me with 2 x GTX550Ti (as long as 3D app is the active window, when it looses focus then PrecisionX shows 0FPS, so the rainmeter skin does too).

Can you post your versions and the portion of the skin you are using for FPS and I'll take a better look?

Thanks,
    Nick
    chiefwotan
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/06 16:10:57 (permalink)
    ok so may because i'm running the new
    Running PrecisionX 3.0.4 with Rainmeter 2. 4 might be the prob ?
    post edited by chiefwotan - 2012/12/06 16:20:56
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 03:43:19 (permalink)
    Nope.  I just updated to 3.0.4 and 2.4 and everything is still fine.

Do you get FPS when using the skin included in the .zip?
    chiefwotan
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 08:42:51 (permalink)
    well what  vidieo driver you useing i have  310.70 beta  may that be  it  got a bug cause the nvidia driver updater 1.11.3 did not want to install and no the skin in the zip is on 0.0 as well but  i'll try the  skin in this form and see if it works and thanks for your time and help
    post edited by chiefwotan - 2012/12/07 08:56:45
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 08:51:31 (permalink)
    The driver should have nothing to do with.  I get the value direct from Precision, so as long as it is being reported there then the issues is with the skin or plugin.
    chiefwotan
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 11:12:26 (permalink)
    ok maybe i just need to clear my head all this work probly got me in a bug lol but maybe it works  not sure cause i'm tryin to config it for reading a bench mark fps and i'm just so over worked and not seeing it or i'm missing it  might be my case if you have  any idea for that let me know i'm a noob lol but a fast learner as you can see i done a bunch of modding on my desk top and thanks a bunch for all your help
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 11:40:59 (permalink)
    I'm sorry, but until you validate the default skin to rule out the plugin and post code from your skin, there is nothing else I can do.
    EVGA_RobB
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 2891
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 11:54:29 (permalink)
    Hello stangowner,

I have put the link in your OP.  Thanks for sharing.

Rob

chiefwotan
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 16:45:12 (permalink)
    ok lets take your EVGA Precision X for the moment ok the plugin is fine i'm sure but when i run EVGA Oc Scanner the fps is at 0 and i have the check marke  for frame rate inabled in EVGA Precision X  and i'm not sure if it works with the new Oc Scanner cause i looked to see if it had a dll file that matched EVGAPrecision.dll  or it just don't  support it  under the scanner  for bench marking it  is that any help cause i'm useing your skin all the rest works but the fps am i missing something in the nvida control panel   that i need to enable  just not sure i can get all to work but that and sorry if i sound like a pain in the butt 
    but only had rainmeter for 4 days  and i can't be that dumb to do all the work i have so far so pleas forgive me help me out just a little bit more plz
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 17:13:31 (permalink)
    EVGA_RobB

Hello stangowner,

I have put the link in your OP.  Thanks for sharing.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I really appreciate it!  One minor thing, the URL has an extra character at the end, so it is resulting in a 404 not found.  Can you edit it again to get rid of the extra '%C2%A0' after the '.zip'?

Thanks!
    Nick
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 17:51:35 (permalink)
    chiefwotan

ok lets take your EVGA Precision X for the moment ok the plugin is fine i'm sure but when i run EVGA Oc Scanner the fps is at 0 and i have the check marke  for frame rate inabled in EVGA Precision X  and i'm not sure if it works with the new Oc Scanner cause i looked to see if it had a dll file that matched EVGAPrecision.dll  or it just don't  support it  under the scanner  for bench marking it  is that any help cause i'm useing your skin all the rest works but the fps am i missing something in the nvida control panel   that i need to enable  just not sure i can get all to work but that and sorry if i sound like a pain in the butt 
    but only had rainmeter for 4 days  and i can't be that dumb to do all the work i have so far so pleas forgive me help me out just a little bit more plz

I'm getting the same results using OC Scanner 2.2.2.  Seems that PrecisionX is not recognizing that application and reporting FPS for it.  It is listed in the profile list in EVGA OSD Server to disable application detection.  So because PrecisionX is not reporting it, neither is this plugin and Rainmeter.  Please try a different 3D application that PrecisionX will display the FPS for (at bottom of the PrecisionX screen after you select "Frame Rate Target" on the bottom left).  If it is displayed there, it should be displayed in Rainmeter.

Thanks,
    Nick
    chiefwotan
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/07 20:31:02 (permalink)
    ok thank you verey much nick so it was not my brain overload it was an oc scaner  baaaaa humbug  well  not sure what wold be a good bench mark to use and free  3dmark or futuremark  are to costly but no matter if i cant fined a good one i just jump off a cliff  jk  but  agin thank you for understanding  and help
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/08 04:48:48 (permalink)
    chiefwotan

ok thank you verey much nick so it was not my brain overload it was an oc scaner  baaaaa humbug  well  not sure what wold be a good bench mark to use and free  3dmark or futuremark  are to costly but no matter if i cant fined a good one i just jump off a cliff  jk  but  agin thank you for understanding  and help

Sure, no problem.  There is a ton of benchmarks out there.  You can use FurMark (I think latest is 1.10.3).  That will trigger FPS in PrecisionX and is free.
    Proxywars
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/31 18:21:12 (permalink)
    Link is down can you update?
    *Edit - Thanks for the quick update!!! I will update this once I set it up =)
    *Edit 2 - Worked like a charm thanx!
    post edited by Proxywars - 2012/12/31 18:50:55
    stangowner
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/31 18:28:51 (permalink)
    Let me try to update the link now to get rid of that space.  I think this post will get me past my limit.

EDIT:  Yup, I was finally able to edit it.  It is fine now.
    post edited by stangowner - 2012/12/31 18:31:10
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/31 22:45:46 (permalink)
    Just a heads up

Running Rainmeter with Precision -and- then using GPUz can be dangerous and lead to issues.

This is because of KNOWN conflicts between the programs
    This can be made MUCH worse, if you happen to be using the SpeedFan application that Rainmeter uses.

What we are talking about is corruption in the Precision files and by extension into the Nvidia driver itself. The addition of SpeedFan into that, can cause issues like incorrect temps, boost, clock cycle and fan speed issues.
    Not to mention ALL kinds of issues when playing games

I post this only to help users be informed of KNOWN issues
    And to make them aware that using such programs may cause issues that are "software" based.

At the current time, it is possible to have serious issues with just Precision alone (due to improper use/error) and the current Nvidia driversets. Adding anything on top of a broken Precision would be quite problematic...

Heads up

If you experience such issues, the "software's" must be -completely- uninstalled
    *Critical: when uninstalling Precision, you MUST answer NO when asked to save data and profiles. 
    -->AND a reboot done (to remove the injectors from the driver)
    After the reboot is done, then a Custom/Clean install will be needed to restore the driver to its original state. 
    post edited by maniacvvv - 2012/12/31 22:59:32

Proxywars
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/31 23:24:41 (permalink)
    Is there any other way then? Is there any way to link the clock speeds into rainmeter and rid of gpu-z?
    *Edit - Didn't read where Precision alone is a problem. Switching to MSI Afterburner =/
    post edited by Proxywars - 2012/12/31 23:29:38
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2012/12/31 23:35:36 (permalink)
    Proxywars

Is there any other way then? Is there any way to link the clock speeds into rainmeter and rid of gpu-z?
    *Edit - Didn't read where Precision alone is a problem. Switching to MSI Afterburner =/

Precision and Afterburner are are basically the "same" program written by Unwinder.
    -->Problems that effect one PX or AB are quite likely to effect the other.

I am NOT trying to keep people from using these programs, simply to point out that videocard and Nvidia driver -Behavior- should NOT be taken for granted when using these programs.

Just be careful and understand you videocard is not broken if your having issues when running these programs.
    You should be aware of the possible issues and how to recover

If your having issues with the programs themselves or in games...
    Uninstall RainMeter
    Reboot once
    Uninstall SpeedFan
    Reboot once
    *do NOT use GPUz (this program is KNOWN to cause issues with the others running)
    Uninstall Precision/Afterburner (and do NOT save profile/data)
    Do a REBOOT to clear the Nvidia driver after uninstalling PX/AB   
    Reinstall the driver (after a reboot) using Custom mode w/clean install checked to complete the recovery
    post edited by maniacvvv - 2012/12/31 23:51:18

fac7orx
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re:Rainmeter plugin for EVGA Precision X 2013/01/27 12:16:44 (permalink)
    Does anyone have an addon for the legacy version (2.1.2) instead of precision x (3.04)? I can't use prevision x because it is buggy with my gpu. Thanks.
    post edited by fac7orx - 2013/01/27 12:21:06
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile