EVGA

Precision x1 custom automatic fan curve dont work?

Author
Adam9553
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/17 22:07:47 (permalink)
Trying to setup a custom automatic fan curve for 3080 ti ftw3, which has 3 fans, but it does absolutely nothing when applied....fans dont even come on until I do it manually......msi AB only controls 2 fans....I'm just really trying to setup the same kind of custom fan curve I had on my 2080 ti, which had 2 fans......just sucks to have to leave fans almost full blast the whole time if I want my gpu to run cooler...while gaming, then have to manually turn them back down when idle..any feedback appreciated.

5 Replies Related Threads

rottentreats
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Precision x1 custom automatic fan curve dont work? 2021/06/17 22:14:17 (permalink)
    You clicked the little button next to "Fan Curve Control" right?

Attached Image(s)

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID

Spoiler
    this should be on the trunk of a car
    close

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Precision x1 custom automatic fan curve dont work? 2021/06/17 22:45:45 (permalink)
    Upload a screenshot of the fan curve page in PX1
    Adam9553
    Re: Precision x1 custom automatic fan curve dont work? 2021/06/17 22:56:36 (permalink)
    rottentreats
    I honestly dont remember, I'll have to try again later and make sure....I'm not super familiar with this software as msi AB has always been my go to for fan curves and temp monitoring.....I just figured set the fan curve you want, and click apply/save should do it....like in AB....would just be my luck to not have clicked that one extra little thing,lol.....thanks for the top btw, I'll give it a look next time I power it up......so excited to have a 3080 ti , but I just keep having issues be it this, or audio periodically cutting out....hopefully when I get these kinks ironed out I can enjoy the damn thing.
    Adam9553
    Re: Precision x1 custom automatic fan curve dont work? 2021/06/18 08:42:07 (permalink)
    Adam9553
    rottentreats
    I honestly dont remember, I'll have to try again later and make sure....I'm not super familiar with this software as msi AB has always been my go to for fan curves and temp monitoring.....I just figured set the fan curve you want, and click apply/save should do it....like in AB....would just be my luck to not have clicked that one extra little thing,lol.....thanks for the top btw, I'll give it a look next time I power it up......so excited to have a 3080 ti , but I just keep having issues be it this, or audio periodically cutting out....hopefully when I get these kinks ironed out I can enjoy the damn thing.
    When I fired up the precision x1 software again, I noticed that silly little box you pointed out was un-checked,,,,when I clicked on it all 3 fans started to move perfectly and seemed to ramp up and down like they should while gaming and at idle.......how stupid, lol. I'm just so used to MSI AB and figured these two programs were about the same in a sense: 1.set the desired automatic fan curve for each fan. 2.click apply to make it active. 3.click save. Either way, Thanks a bunch for pointing that out as I'd never have guessed that little box needing to be checked first otherwise.
    rottentreats
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Precision x1 custom automatic fan curve dont work? 2021/06/18 09:00:11 (permalink)
    No problemo you're welcome! I honestly ran into the same issue when I first used PX1.  I like the app it's pretty intuitive overall but I know that box is missed by quite a few people and they create a custom fan curve and are not even using it.  Enjoy!

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID

Spoiler
    this should be on the trunk of a car
    close

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile