EVGA

Helpful ReplyPrecision XOC load a profile at windows start up?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10341
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/02 14:50:19 (permalink)
svtcobra34
bdary
svtcobra34
Now if someone can figure out the shut down issue things would be gravy.

Now that you have the "settings" part of your issue's sorted out, have you tried uninstalling PXOC, rebooting, then manually removing all EVGA PXOC folders and then reinstall?  The hanging at shutdown sounds like possibly some corrupt file(s).  Might be worth a try if you haven't already...

Sorry for the super long delay, but I have removed both PXOC, rebooted, manually deleted the the folder and installed again with no success. Even tried some older versions. To be clear, when I shut down, windows says it’s waiting for PXOC in order to shut down. If I press shut down, eventually the machine shuts down (about 30 seconds after my screens go into power save). If I don’t press anything, it will stay there until the morning. If I manually close PXOC before shut down and wait about 1-2 minutes. The machine shuts down normally within about 10 seconds.

NP.  Are you getting any errors in the Event Viewer at the time of shut down?

svtcobra34
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/03 13:32:55 (permalink)
bdary
svtcobra34
bdary
svtcobra34
Now if someone can figure out the shut down issue things would be gravy.

Now that you have the "settings" part of your issue's sorted out, have you tried uninstalling PXOC, rebooting, then manually removing all EVGA PXOC folders and then reinstall?  The hanging at shutdown sounds like possibly some corrupt file(s).  Might be worth a try if you haven't already...

Sorry for the super long delay, but I have removed both PXOC, rebooted, manually deleted the the folder and installed again with no success. Even tried some older versions. To be clear, when I shut down, windows says it’s waiting for PXOC in order to shut down. If I press shut down, eventually the machine shuts down (about 30 seconds after my screens go into power save). If I don’t press anything, it will stay there until the morning. If I manually close PXOC before shut down and wait about 1-2 minutes. The machine shuts down normally within about 10 seconds.

NP.  Are you getting any errors in the Event Viewer at the time of shut down?

Event 10001 (Information): The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: PrecisionX_x64.exe. I do get synergy application errors on shut down, so I will do some testing tonight and report back.
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/03 15:02:21 (permalink)
Sounds good.  I'll check back tomorrow to see what you come up with...

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/04 07:24:57 (permalink)
@ svtcobra34

If you haven't noticed yet, there was a new version of PXOC released yesterday you could try.  Something tells me that the remaining issue you're having relating to shutdown will need to be resolved before any XOC version will work/shutdown properly.  Something in conflict at shutdown causing that delay or hang and giving you that error you're seeing.  https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Precision-XOC-624-Available-Now-m2810288.aspx

I'm not familiar with that Synergy application, but assuming it's an installed program you're running, you could close it prior to shutting down to verify if it's the cause of this hang you have.  Then your next shutdown, leave Synergy running, but close XOC prior to shutdown.  See if you can pinpoint the cause here.

Mase123y
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/04 13:57:42 (permalink)
I've been having issues with the "Start with Windows" feature also. When I make a profile and get it to successfully start with windows the program is putting 2 configuration files in my C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ in a folder called Profiles. Since these .cfg files are not programs the folder is opened when my computer starts. So even though Precision XOC program is successfully opening on start up I also have this folder opened on start up also which should not be happening. How do I stop this? I see in the last post a new version was release. I will give that a shot and see what happens.
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/05 07:25:44 (permalink)
Mase123y
I've been having issues with the "Start with Windows" feature also. When I make a profile and get it to successfully start with windows the program is putting 2 configuration files in my C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ in a folder called Profiles. Since these .cfg files are not programs the folder is opened when my computer starts. So even though Precision XOC program is successfully opening on start up I also have this folder opened on start up also which should not be happening. How do I stop this? I see in the last post a new version was release. I will give that a shot and see what happens.

Try this:
Uninstall PXOC and reboot.
When back in Windows, manually remove all EVGA PXOC folders from your C drive and reboot.
Now reinstall PXOC and set things up the way you want them.  See if that resolves your issue.

Don't skip the two reboots.

svtcobra34
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/05 12:42:55 (permalink)
Okay, so last night, I stopped synergy all together and there is no more application errors. Still then I hit restart or shut down I get prompted about EVGA PXOC, when I click restart, it restarts right away. With shutdown, it takes about 10 seconds for the blue shutdown to go away and a few more for the screens to go into power save them one to two minutes for the desktop to finally power down. Two issues with this

1. I never had to confirm shutdown/restart with PXOC running before.

2. If I manually close PXOC 2 mins before I hit shutdown, it takes 10 seconds for the blue shutdown screen to go away and desktop powers down immediately after (no shutdown anyway prompt).

This leads me to believe it’s something with PXOC. I will do some testing later to see if my OC stays on even without the program starting up. I no longer need to monitor as I’m under water now and never get above 50c.

I anyone has any ideas to the prompts received when shutdown/restart or to the system hang after windows shuts down, I’m all ears.
svtcobra34
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/05 14:45:09 (permalink)
Okay I am reporting back with even more information. I followed steps outlined by bdary to remove 6.2.3 from my system (including the two reboots). Next I launched a few games, surfed the web and performed some reboots/shutdowns. The tower was very responsive (instant reboots no blue screen, shutdown screen was present for maybe 3 seconds) and when initially logged into windows the 10-15 seconds of lag my keyboard had (I thought it was the way it came it's been like this ever since I have used PXOC) which would have input lag for typing was completely gone (again didn't know this was even an issue until now).

Next, I installed 6.2.4 and got all my profiles set up as well as my monitoring graphs the way I like. Tried to reboot and it still prompted EVGA was preventing the computer from restarting, when clicked it was noticeably more responsive but still slower than with no PXOC installed/running. Shutting down still prompted as well and again, the tower took about 1 full minute to power off after the screens went into energy save mode.

My next thought was maybe the hardware graphs were getting hung up so I closed the window and made sure it was turned off inside the console. Again, there was no change to the reboot/shutdown symptoms experienced before.

My last thought (to piggy back off my previous post) was to get my OC working without the application launching. So, there is an option I noticed (didn't see it before in previous PXOC versions) to load previously used settings on start up. I would assume this would execute after the application started up, but to my surprise, it appears to apply it without launching the actual application. So I applied an OC and ran Time Spy, documented my graphics score. Next, I closed PXOC waited a few minutes before running Time Spy again. The scores were very close and I consider within margin of error. My final step to ensure this is working and not a fluke, I shut down the computer (which it did without issue and very quickly), booted it up and PXOC said it was launching the program. I waited for about a minute or so checking the PXOC in the system tray and it never showed. At this point, I ran Time Spy again, and the score was within margin of error again.

So in closing, no my original issues of PXOC preventing shutdowns/reboots, increased shutdown/reboot times and keyboard input lag (new issue I didn't even realize) were not solved. On the other hand, being able to manipulate my voltage/core clock/mem clock and having them stick without PXOC software actively running, has resolved all three issues listed above. Sorry for the book I have written above, I just want to ensure my points are conveyed/articulated correctly.

P.S. - I am still down with some more troubleshooting to get PXOC to run actively and happily within my system. For the time being though (since I don't need to monitor anything), I am good to go.
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/06 07:17:05 (permalink)
Glad to hear you found at least a good workaround solution for now...

Do you by chance have Fast Boot/Startup enabled in Windows power options?  If so, disable it and test things again.

Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do (left pane) > Change settings that are currently unavailable > Remove check from fast boot/startup if checked

svtcobra34
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/06 10:46:14 (permalink)
bdary

Do you by chance have Fast Boot/Startup enabled in Windows power options?  If so, disable it and test things again.

Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do (left pane) > Change settings that are currently unavailable > Remove check from fast boot/startup if checked

I have fast boot disabled in bios. Also, I don’t even have a fast boot option in power options. All I see is “when I press power/sleep button” and under shutdown settings, sleep and lock check boxes.
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/06 14:52:34 (permalink)
svtcobra34
bdary

I have fast boot disabled in bios. Also, I don’t even have a fast boot option in power options. All I see is “when I press power/sleep button” and under shutdown settings, sleep and lock check boxes.

Ok.  Was just checking as the Fast Startup in Windows has been known to cause issue's.  I believe that option is only visible when hibernation is an option, but not 100% on that.  I've noticed when I do a fresh OS install, Fast startup is an option.  Once I disable Hibernation, I don't see it anymore.

Fast Boot in the BIOS is totally different & seperate from the Fast Startup option in Windows...

svtcobra34
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/07 05:25:33 (permalink)
Ahh, understood. I actually delete the hibernation sys file. Also I disable sleep. So far, so good with the way I have my computer working. I get to have my OC and quick shutdown too! ;)
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Precision XOC load a profile at windows start up? 2018/04/07 08:43:01 (permalink)
svtcobra34
Ahh, understood. I actually delete the hibernation sys file. Also I disable sleep. So far, so good with the way I have my computer working. I get to have my OC and quick shutdown too! ;)

Sounds good...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile