EVGA

Precision XOC for Undervolting?

Author
Tatoosh
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/26 16:34:19 (permalink)
Currently I am running an Nvidea manufactured GTX1070Ti card and controlling it with EVGA Precision XOC 6.2.3 which is working for me.  It is much better than the MSI Afterburner I used initially and did not seem to implement the changes I wanted.  Now I have my GPU temperatures running much better.  I would like to be able to monitor GPU usage as a percent, but my card is performing well and with a 20 degree Celsius reduction, so I'm happy for the trade off. 

I expect to purchase two of the EVGA GTX1070Ti cards soon.  Will these allow for reporting Power Temp and Memory Temp, which seem to be disabled now?  Or are those not showing because I have an older motherboard that may not support them?

Lastly, is there a way to 'undervolt' my GPU(s) with Precision XOC?  I want to run them as efficiently as possible.  I have the Power Target turned down to 85% and priority set to it.  That seems to be helping.  I'm just curious if the Voltage monitor, which seems to have 'overvolting' capabilities can 'undervolt'?

Thanks for any advice.  This computer is currently running a single GPU, but will be upgraded to two of them soon.  It is a mixed use computer, for general web browsing, light gaming (mostly FB games), and crypto mining most of the time.  

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Precision XOC for Undervolting? 2017/11/26 16:45:55 (permalink)
    Only card that will display the power & memory temp on the 1070 ti lineup would be the FTW2.

You'll need to use afterburner for undervolting.
    Tatoosh
    • Total Posts : 7
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Precision XOC for Undervolting? 2017/11/26 16:59:11 (permalink)
    Thanks for insight.  Since the EVGA Precision XOC software is doing a fine job of controlling the temperature on my current GPU, I will stick with it.  But thought I'd check and see if there was a way to use it for undervolting.  I'm running a superb hash rate and keeping my GPU temperature at 60C most of the time.  That keeps me feeling confident the card isn't being stressed. 

I'm looking forward to getting the EVGA version and seeing how they perform in comparison.  Hopefully, next week.   
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile