Author
gipothegip
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 184
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/09/18 00:45:26 (permalink)
Hello

I've noticed that after closing and rerunning a game a few times, the on screen display does not appear and I'm not able to bring it up or toggle it, until the next time I start up my computer. I've tried closing Precision X OC and running it again, but this does not resolve the issue.

I have no idea what might be causing this, or how to resolve it without rebooting.

The two games I've been running the OSD on so far are 7 Days to Die, and Fallout 4. The OSD works fine for a while, but eventually it doesn't come up for some reason.

Some specs (in case they make a difference)

GPU : EVGA GTX 950 FTW

CPU : Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4 Ghz

post edited by gipothegip - 2016/09/18 00:49:16

8 Replies Related Threads

Arkangel10
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/09/25 09:29:05 (permalink)
    i have same problem described here...
    JosephL
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 662
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/09/25 09:42:26 (permalink)
    Give this a try:

"Double click on the "EVGA On-Screen Display Server" icon (located in the taskbar)

In the left menu, scroll down to the game or program with the issue, click on that, and then click on the wrench icon in the top right.

Tick the box that says "Enable compatibility with modified Direct3D libraries" and click apply.

This should fix the issue and the OSD should now display properly in that game.

We do NOT recommend checking this box under the "Global" option, as this could cause issues with the OSD in other games. We would only recommend checking this option for the specific game that is having the issue."

If you have a moment, please rate my service. We appreciate the feedback!
    gipothegip
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/09/26 03:41:21 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JosephL
    Give a try:

"Double click on the "EVGA On-Screen Display Server" icon (located in the taskbar)

In the left menu, scroll down to the game or program with the issue, click on that, and then click on the wrench icon in the top right.

Tick the box that says "Enable compatibility with modified Direct3D libraries" and click apply.

This should fix the issue and the OSD should now display properly in that game.

We do NOT recommend checking this box under the "Global" option, as this could cause issues with the OSD in other games. We would only recommend checking this option for the specific game that is having the issue."

Could you elaborate? I could not figure out what you're talking about, I have the "EVGA PrecisionX Server v6.0.0.1" which I assume is what you meant. However, when I click it (double clicking isn't really possible) it opens up a screen with some .exe files listed (from what I understand this is an exception list), the options to add and delete from this list, and text fields for the x and y position of the OSD. Right clicking only provides the option to show the window or close it.

There is no wrench option or anything of that sort.

To clarify, I'm running version 6.0.6, and I think that link might be outdated.

andreyk
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/09/29 00:52:37 (permalink)
    In my case EVGA Precision X is crashing after while and needed to be restarted.
    After it was restarted, OSD works again
    andreyk
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/09/29 01:22:46 (permalink)
    It is possible that EVGA Precision X is getting terminated by Task Scheduler after 3 days
    JosephL
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 662
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/10/01 07:23:08 (permalink)
    I was able to test this and discovered the server has since been renamed and the troubleshooting I linked to in our FAQ is no longer relevant. My apologies. There is a newer version of Precision XOC, 6.0.7, found HERE.

I was not able to replicate the issue personally but If you continue to have the same problem then I recommend closing the EVGA PrecisionX Server from the taskbar and restarting the OSD setting from the PXOC application.

If you have a moment, please rate my service. We appreciate the feedback!
    gipothegip
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/10/02 16:39:22 (permalink)
    andreyk
    In my case EVGA Precision X is crashing after while and needed to be restarted.
    After it was restarted, OSD works again

EVGATech_JosephL
    I was able to test this and discovered the server has since been renamed and the troubleshooting I linked to in our FAQ is no longer relevant. My apologies. There is a newer version of Precision XOC, 6.0.7, found .

I was not able to replicate the issue personally but If you continue to have the same problem then I recommend closing the EVGA PrecisionX Server from the taskbar and restarting the OSD setting from the PXOC application.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to try what you suggested, I didn't think of doing that. I've restarted Precision X itself, but not just the PrecisionX Server.

andreyk
    Re: Precision X OC : OSD Disappears 2016/10/04 01:26:14 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JosephL
    I was able to test this and discovered the server has since been renamed and the troubleshooting I linked to in our FAQ is no longer relevant. My apologies. There is a newer version of Precision XOC, 6.0.7, found .

It is possible that there are different reasons for EVGA PrecisionX termination, but please consider this case.

Since Windows Vista, almost all application startup during OS start, user logon, etc., is done through Task Scheduler. It is also the case with EVGA PrecisionX startup.

If you go into task scheduler, you should see EVGAPrecisionX task that is supposed to start 'At log on of any user'. If you examine its properties, and specifically Settings, you should notice that "Stop the task if it runs longer than:" 3 days option is enabled. That option is causing the EVGAPrecisionX to be terminated after 3 days and as result the loss of OSD.

I guess, the "Stop the task if it runs longer than:" 3 days is set by default when task is created. I think, developers should be able to figure how to create task with this option being disabled.

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile