Meta Quest Pro VR Leaked as Someone Left One Behind in a Hotel Room

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/09/13 03:37:18 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/298808/meta-quest-pro-vr-leaked-as-someone-left-one-behind-in-a-hotel-room

Meta (Oculus) is readying its next-gen high-end VR HMD, the Meta Quest Pro. Someone left a retail-looking box behind in a hotel room, with an engineering sample. At this point we don't know if it's a Meta employee who got very sloppy with their ES, or an ISV eligible to receive an ES. It was found by a hotel employee, who also claims to be a game streamer. He claimed to have found several such boxes full of Meta samples. The Quest Pro VR appears lightweight, with no unnecessary bulk anywhere, Meta seems to have redesigned the head-straps and light-blockers of the HMD. The controllers feature a more compact appearance, as if to better with with smaller hands. Meta is expected to formally launch its "next-gen" headset at the Connect Conference on October 11, but we can't tell if this is what the company is planning to unveil.

Sometimes engineering samples don't match the final product. We'll have to wait and see. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Meta Quest Pro VR Leaked as Someone Left One Behind in a Hotel Room 2022/09/13 10:32:43 (permalink)
    Unless the content is there, it's just cheap plastic garbage. I like my Quest 2, but not used it in over a year. There is no compelling content out there right now. I want to like VR, but I think the only thing that is going to gain traction is AR once Apple gets their version of cheap plastic garbage out there. For them it'll probably be aluminum expensive garbage though. At least they know how to curate a software ecosystem.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2022/09/13 10:35:45
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Meta Quest Pro VR Leaked as Someone Left One Behind in a Hotel Room 2022/09/28 18:55:35 (permalink)

"It was found by a hotel employee, who also claims to be a game streamer. He claimed to have found several such boxes full of Meta samples."

lol.. riiiiight, of course he just 'found' it. The owner probably hadn't checked out of the room yet, lmao. No way someone's going to just 'forget' multiple boxes of gear like that. A controller accidentally dropped under the bed - possibly. An unreleased complete sample in unreleased retail box plus several boxes full of samples? Not a chance. Zero. Insane what some people will do to get attention and a few more subscribers to their streaming channel(s).

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile