EVGA

Helpful ReplyK|NGP|N Hybrid and Hydro Copper - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation Lists

Page: << < ..246247248249250.. > >> Showing page 246 of 301
Author
Fayalite
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/15 22:42:15 (permalink)
Duranage
Fayalite
[...]
That's my rant, and I hope most of you will get your GPU within a month, that would be awesome.

I personally have not read the vitriol. I'm not saying it didn't occur.... I came late to the party. I was just pressing for answers because every answer they gave didn't make sense. Then when they were caught in a flat out lie, they ghosted the forums.

I think it's interesting and needs to be investigated, otherwise I couldn't care less and do not view them negatively for getting into the queue early, even if they used questionable methods. I can only hope they have some way to detect that and do not honour those queue positions that may have used those methods.

This is exactly what I talk about... False accusations/no proof (unless you have proof it's a false accusations, innocent until proven guilty, and this can be seen as libel). I am not saying there is nothing true, but this is a witch-hunt... Just please drop it. As I said, if you believe there is something fishy, not your job to "investigate"... Report, and keep it private. What if you are wrong you basically destroyed someone's reputation because you have a hunch... No matter how good it is.

RaphaelSoliman
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/15 22:44:39 (permalink)
Duranage
Fayalite
I am not sure how many pages, but there is a lot of toxic conversation... I believe a lot of frustration... Yes EVGA did another "unexpected" launch in them of failure rate. And everyone don't have the same odds... You location in the US determine your "luck" in a sense that your ping is not identical... And your own hardware... It doesn't need to turn vitriol here... I already have my kphc (one might tell me that I cheated then, which I did not)... Try to keep it civilized please. I am happy to see more people getting some goodness, but if you are not aware there is a chip shortage... And EVGA, as far as I know, is the best of all in term of customer consideration. Did they rise the price? Yes, why, Tarif. Did they increase too much, I don't think so, and they have great quality products, with I believe a great support following conversation and people feedback, not just on the forum.

Remember one thing, EVGA did the queue to give us a fair chance (in a true customer oriented fashion) and it's not perfect, it cost them to do that, the price of there product stay the same. No need to fight each other here.

That's my rant, and I hope most of you will get your GPU within a month, that would be awesome.

I personally have not read the vitriol. I'm not saying it didn't occur.... I came late to the party. I was just pressing for answers because every answer they gave didn't make sense. Then when they were caught in a flat out lie, they ghosted the forums.

I think it's interesting and needs to be investigated, otherwise I couldn't care less and do not view them negatively for getting into the queue early, even if they used questionable methods. I can only hope they have some way to detect that and do not honour those queue positions that may have used those methods.

Didn't "ghost" any forums, was out of the house for a few hours. Not sure about the rest of the people that got in, but personally all I did was use the notify links posted in the forums and tried to load them till they pulled up the notify page. Pretty easy stuff. Looks like queue released for a minute, on accident, or server redirected to notify page instead of product page when the link is inactive, and myself and a few others took advantage of that. No bots used at all on my end, it was all these hands.
post edited by RaphaelSoliman - 2021/06/15 22:46:06
RaphaelSoliman
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/15 23:29:28 (permalink)
Also, was looking through the forums and I found something that EVGA_JacobF said, "If you had an auto notify even before the card was released, it still counts. We are including everyone who ever clicked the auto notify button while it was there." Which I assume means anyone who clicked auto notify at any time, it will still count.
Craig17
  • Total Posts : 75
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/15 23:40:18 (permalink)
Hi. As a passive observer, I don't find it too far out of the realm of possibility for someone to start trying at 6 PT since the other drops were also 6 PT.

I tried the links the night before. If they had miraculously worked at the time I tested them then I would have proceeded with submitting the notification too.

Also, people who were involved in any malfeasance are much less likely to report their queue time to the forums (we all know reporting your time is optional) and they are more likely to just keep quiet and hopeful.

Of course, I really hope that there wasn't an additional 400 people managed to get into the queue at 6 PT and just didn't report their time.  That would really stink.  :)

12G-P5-3959-KR    6/15/2021 9:25:37 AM PT    No    
08G-P5-3785-KL    6/15/2021 9:13:41 AM PT    No    
24G-P5-3999-KR    6/15/2021 9:03:43 AM PT    No
post edited by Craig17 - 2021/06/15 23:41:22
stevenjia93
  • Total Posts : 10
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/15 23:45:24 (permalink)
 Please tell me the queue time, thank you

24G-P5-3999-KR 6/15/2021 11:35:19 PM PT No 

kissTheApex
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 624
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 02:35:23 (permalink)
Yeah, I didn’t expect it to go downhill that quickly to be honest.

I was helping my wife and kids pack up for Their upcoming trip and was surprised to find the thread almost to the point of moderator intervention. At least here in the KPE thread, I thought we were better than that.
GGDadLife
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 116
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 04:56:26 (permalink)
When it comes to items that are hard to get, it usually brings out the ugly in people. Accusing people of using unfair tactics just because they got in before you is ridiculous. I got in at 10:30pt and still don’t understand how anyone got the auto notify button to work before that, you don’t see me accusing people of cheating lol.
sneeky7
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 05:37:42 (permalink)
The 3999 queue from last month shows the first 80 notifies were claimed in less than 20 seconds.  Now the first 80 appear to be spread over an hour +. 

Optimistically I hope that there aren't a phantom 200 other people in early queue, since production numbers seem to be in almost double digits or low triple digits for this SKU.  Is it a safe assumption that website overload slowed down the game that much?  
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 06:23:38 (permalink)
kissTheApex
Yeah, I didn’t expect it to go downhill that quickly to be honest.

I was helping my wife and kids pack up for Their upcoming trip and was surprised to find the thread almost to the point of moderator intervention. At least here in the KPE thread, I thought we were better than that.

oh, i used to think this too...but that one dude was found to be selling multiple GPUs on hardwareswap for 3x msrp, it was passed to evga and they still sold him a kingpin so i won't be holding my breath that they'll keep the "early queue" folks from getting cards ahead of everyone in after official advertised queue open.

end of the day, while i'd like things to be fair, life is not fair and the real problem comes with a lack of action against suspicious behavior. not because they are punishing "lucky" folks for "checking early" - even if they DID do this, it opens the floodgates and will only increase the number of bots checking their autoNotify links around the clock to try to slide in to the front of the list.

this dude protests too much. he joined a WEEK ago. call it a witch hunt if you want, that is sketchy af. and no i'm not up in arms about being "behind" them. my kingpin hunt is now solely for multiple card SLI and benching/timespy extreme. i just know how plagued the pc part retail world is by autobuyers, scripting, and botting. hate to see it make what has been a great resource for folks trying to honestly wait in line for a chance to buy cards become just another avenue for scalpers and miners to suck up all the inventory. 

most of the folks defending early queue peeps don't understand the strange new accounts are likely 1 of HUNDREDS of account created by a handful of folks that pay their bills by scalping in demand items. not just gpus, figurines, sneakers, anything they can flip. 
post edited by zippytek - 2021/06/16 06:25:04
evgarocks2022
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 06:43:18 (permalink)
Something just sounds way off about the 6 am entries I was checking the page early myself at 8  CST am for the first 10 -15 minutes. (figured was 6 am again like for the 3080 ti etc). Even with the site not being slow and me refreshing at least once a minute, not one time did I see the notify button. If 3 people here reported 6 am, I am sure there are quite a bit more that got in at that time. Kinda sucks for the people who fought at the correct 9 PST time and the crashing site. I am at slot 77 now, not sure how optimistic I am about this. I missed out on the first mini drop of KPE HC but they closed the queue before when they hit the amount they had designated. Right now we have no idea how many people actually got in and if we will ever get a notify. Hopefully Jacob says something on the Twitter but they might just choose to not address this.
Graykitten
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 06:57:52 (permalink)
Maybe they opened the queue because enough people were complaining. Last drop had people getting emails on the same day for the GPU then there was an 18 day gap for the next group. All of this data is ONLY what people gave Newt, not necessarily everyone is reporting. I was not part of the last drop, but one can hope that there were not HUNDREDS more that got in line and are just not reporting. I believe that with them releasing a few cards queues on the same day, maybe it did make it a little more hectic, but maybe it also slowed people the hell down too. I feel lucky to have even gotten into the queue. 
I do agree though, the early stuff is suspicious. I had the page open as soon as I got to work at 7 CST, so 5 PT. I kept looking at the page, refreshing, making sure I was logged in. Never did I see a glimpse of auto notify show up. It actually didn't show up for me until about 10 minutes after 9 PT, but that was the first time I was even able to get the page to load. After that, I kept getting errors until somehow it magically took my entry at 9:44:44 PT. I didn't even know it took my entry until a few minutes later. *shrug* I still think its suspicious, but had I seen the button pop up, I sure as heck would have clicked on it and filled out my information too. 
Zippytek is right. Life is not fair. Fair is where you go to get funnel cake. We take what life gives us and we deal with it, right?
<3 congrats to everyone who got on the list. 

evgarocks2022
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 07:10:23 (permalink)
Graykitten
Maybe they opened the queue because enough people were complaining. Last drop had people getting emails on the same day for the GPU then there was an 18 day gap for the next group. All of this data is ONLY what people gave Newt, not necessarily everyone is reporting. I was not part of the last drop, but one can hope that there were not HUNDREDS more that got in line and are just not reporting. I believe that with them releasing a few cards queues on the same day, maybe it did make it a little more hectic, but maybe it also slowed people the hell down too. I feel lucky to have even gotten into the queue. 
I do agree though, the early stuff is suspicious. I had the page open as soon as I got to work at 7 CST, so 5 PT. I kept looking at the page, refreshing, making sure I was logged in. Never did I see a glimpse of auto notify show up. It actually didn't show up for me until about 10 minutes after 9 PT, but that was the first time I was even able to get the page to load. After that, I kept getting errors until somehow it magically took my entry at 9:44:44 PT. I didn't even know it took my entry until a few minutes later. *shrug* I still think its suspicious, but had I seen the button pop up, I sure as heck would have clicked on it and filled out my information too. 
Zippytek is right. Life is not fair. Fair is where you go to get funnel cake. We take what life gives us and we deal with it, right?

I was on a couple discord chats since I have been looking for a 3080 ti and people have ways to get the notify page ready (link) for when the drop happens. What would make sense to me, is these "early" people were using that method before the notify button existed. They wouldn't have to actually see the button to get the link to work and then if the system allowed it, it would have worked. I saw this method mentioned on the 3080 ti drop day. Never heard of anyone getting in before the queue opening time though. We have to be realistic and understand people will find ways around the system, use alternative methods (scripts and bots), and yeah its unfair. I just wonder if EVGA will do anything about it. It seems like they tend to just ignore it and sell to whoever manages to get on the queue. I find it extremely hard to believe that EVGA accidentally opened the notify button. I do find it 100% possible if they were spamming that link they managed to create that the system let them straggle in. 

I cannot get the link to post here, but there is a forum post on here name  " How were people able to sign up for 3070ti at 6:01 AM? (p.2)"
post edited by evgarocks2022 - 2021/06/16 07:28:32

Attached Image(s)

sneeky7
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 07:35:27 (permalink)
EVGA uses the same address format for the notify popups.  products/autonotify.aspx?pn=[insert new part number here]

The webmaster could make a new directory for the next product drop to throw people off.
post edited by sneeky7 - 2021/06/16 07:42:26
RaphaelSoliman
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 07:46:28 (permalink)
To address claims of my account being made a week ago, I checked my email and I created my account in mid may. Well before the 3080ti and 3070ti drops. You cannot make baseless arguments and claims without having any facts to prove it, just because someone got a faster time doesn’t mean they are cheating the system.
evgarocks2022
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 07:57:40 (permalink)
RaphaelSoliman
To address claims of my account being made a week ago, I checked my email and I created my account in mid may. Well before the 3080ti and 3070ti drops. You cannot make baseless arguments and claims without having any facts to prove it, just because someone got a faster time doesn’t mean they are cheating the system.

I don't think anyone brought you up again about the age of the account. My post literally is my guess on how multiple people seem to have gotten a notify in. I was refreshing the page most like every 30- 45 seconds from 8 am CST which covers the time you and the others got it. Never saw a notify button.  Only thing I wish i thought about was holding the control button down when clicking submit and would have been in soooo much earlier that where i got in. (opens a new tab to give result of the submit button instead of hitting the capacity error page on the actual notify page).  It honestly makes no sense for the notify button to magically appeared and disappeared in a magical window that 3 people (and most likely MANY more) in a split second. Realistically though, there is absolutely no way for anyone to know of confirm this since I am sure no one sat there with a camera recording them hitting the notify button at 6 am PST.
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 07:58:00 (permalink)
RaphaelSoliman

nobody cares dude. the more you protest the more questionable you appear. just move on, you're not changing any minds
bebopcola
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 07:59:57 (permalink)
Guys c'mon let's drop the witch hunt and just move on it is what it is....
akafats
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:02:17 (permalink)
24G-P5-3999-KR6/16/2021 7:50:17 AM PT
My que
kissTheApex
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 624
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:02:32 (permalink)
bebopcola
Guys c'mon let's drop the witch hunt and just move on it is what it is....

Yes please.

Edit: if I had the chance, I would have queued early too, thinking I mixed up the start time. If anything, it’s eVGA’s responsibility to fix & secure the site. Let’s please stop the blame game.
post edited by kissTheApex - 2021/06/16 08:04:40
oldmanian
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 263
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:04:31 (permalink)
RaphaelSoliman

Honestly, don't sweat it.  Three users made, what looks like, the same mistake and dumb lucked into a que spot at 6:06.XX.  I have no reasoning as to what happened at that time & I don't know enough about website/html/etc to engage in debating the apparent experts on web coding we have in this thread.  There are some extremely frustrated people here and I understand that to a certain degree, but beyond that, I'll say the same thing I've said in every other thread on ques in regards to position and acquisition.  I hope everyone gets their cards soon (esp enewt) & enjoys them.  

ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:04:45 (permalink)
evgarocks2022
Graykitten

I was on a couple discord chats since I have been looking for a 3080 ti and people have ways to get the notify page ready (link) for when the drop happens. What would make sense to me, is these "early" people were using that method before the notify button existed. They wouldn't have to actually see the button to get the link to work and then if the system allowed it, it would have worked. I saw this method mentioned on the 3080 ti drop day. Never heard of anyone getting in before the queue opening time though. We have to be realistic and understand people will find ways around the system, use alternative methods (scripts and bots), and yeah its unfair. I just wonder if EVGA will do anything about it. It seems like they tend to just ignore it and sell to whoever manages to get on the queue. I find it extremely hard to believe that EVGA accidentally opened the notify button. I do find it 100% possible if they were spamming that link they managed to create that the system let them straggle in. 

I cannot get the link to post here, but there is a forum post on here name  " How were people able to sign up for 3070ti at 6:01 AM? (p.2)"

I was using the link method and I still couldn't get in for an hour-and-a-half. It was confirmed that you didn't even have to worry about the token for this drop. I'm not going to argue one way or another as far as removing the early people goes but I would guess they got in via bots. With the chat and notification groups I'm in if the button had just appeared on the site someone would have noticed it and said something. I'm talking tens to over a hundred thousand people.

Associate Code: 3KT9LJMFUXTWFV8

evgarocks2022
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:09:44 (permalink)
ExcaliburXVII
evgarocks2022
Graykitten

I was using the link method and I still couldn't get in for an hour-and-a-half. It was confirmed that you didn't even have to worry about the token for this drop. I'm not going to argue one way or another as far as removing the early people goes but I would guess they got in via bots. With the chat and notification groups I'm in if the button had just appeared on the site someone would have noticed it and said something. I'm talking tens to over a hundred thousand people.

I don't see EVGA removing them. I just definitely suspect some kind of foul play. I 100% don't buy the I loaded it by accident and the notify button was there and it worked for me. I was checking at the same times and never saw it.  These cards are not necessary for any of us to live, so at the end of the day if I never get a purchase email I will survive. I am just frustrated like everyone else is all.  No matter what we say or try to get EVGA to do, doubt they will invest the man power to make the changes. If they do, I am sure it will be figured out very shortly after as well. 
ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:12:07 (permalink)
I literally woke up at 8:55 just to check at 9:00 in case they goofed. No button.

GreenReaper
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:18:24 (permalink)
I really wish evga would show queue number along with time entry. I am now at 30 on the list, and since kingpins are so rare I am beginning to doubt I ever get one. 
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:19:57 (permalink)
oldmanian
RaphaelSoliman

Honestly, don't sweat it.  Three users made, what looks like, the same mistake and dumb lucked into a que spot at 6:06.XX.  I have no reasoning as to what happened at that time & I don't know enough about website/html/etc to engage in debating the apparent experts on web coding we have in this thread.  There are some extremely frustrated people here and I understand that to a certain degree, but beyond that, I'll say the same thing I've said in every other thread on ques in regards to position and acquisition.  I hope everyone gets their cards soon (esp enewt) & enjoys them.  

This u?

https://www.reddit.com/user/oldmanian/

Look folks, just recognize that the queue was always ripe for abuse by scalpers. believe these people if you like, but know that they're as honest as that ericthegreat dude who acted all soft and kind in the forum while he was off selling 3090 FEs on reddit for $4000
Mroberts95
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:21:17 (permalink)
Going to go on a side tangent here.

I am planning on selling my 3090 KP Hydro Copper this week.

What do you guys think if fair for a less than one month old card that has not been used much?

Looks prestine.
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:22:47 (permalink)
Mroberts95

What do you guys think if fair for a less than one month old card that has not been used much?

Looks prestine.

$2000 but you could probably get all of your money back. it's worth
sneeky7
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:31:04 (permalink)
Mroberts95

Looks prestine.

MSRP + 20-50% or so.  3xxx cards don't depreciate yet
ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:31:11 (permalink)
Mroberts95

Looks prestine.

It'd be fair for you to at least get all of your money back.
post edited by ExcaliburXVII - 2021/06/16 08:33:19

zippytek
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/06/16 08:33:02 (permalink)
sneeky7
Mroberts95

Looks prestine.

MSRP + 20-50% or so.  3xxx cards don't depreciate yet

Exhibit C
Page: << < ..246247248249250.. > >> Showing page 246 of 301
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile