EVGA

Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
willie69
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/08/28 21:30:28 (permalink)
Anyone else having troubles with screen reporting temps? I have the keyboard, 1080 vid card and the 280 CPU cooler. I had got it to report temps on the little screen for a day and now nothing.
Kaihekoa
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/09/09 22:23:17 (permalink)
Very expensive for a keyboard, but I ordered one and am looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against a Corsair K70. The K70 has been a great keyboard, but over the past 18 months or so, I've come to dislike the loud typing noise of Cherry MX Reds and the palm rest is basically useless.  Having some extra macro keys and a display for hardware stats will be cool too.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/09/10 00:52:15 (permalink)
Kaihekoa
Very expensive for a keyboard, but I ordered one and am looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against a Corsair K70. The K70 has been a great keyboard, but over the past 18 months or so, I've come to dislike the loud typing noise of Cherry MX Reds and the palm rest is basically useless.  Having some extra macro keys and a display for hardware stats will be cool too.

The Z10 RGB uses KAILH switches. You will still have the loud typing noise. If you want a "quieter" mechanical keyboard, check out keyboards using Cherry Silent keys. If you don't own a Nvidia 10 series or higher GPU, you won't be able to display any GPU temps on the keyboard display.

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/09/10 04:01:17 (permalink)
MSim
Kaihekoa

The Z10 RGB uses KAILH switches. You will still have the loud typing noise. If you want a "quieter" mechanical keyboard, check out keyboards using Cherry Silent keys. If you don't own a Nvidia 10 series or higher GPU, you won't be able to display any GPU temps on the keyboard display.

You can also get rubber O-rings for the Cherry MX or Kailh switches (the O-ring would be the same for both). With the brown switch and an O-ring put on the key cap you should have silent gaming since you would never hear the sound of the keyboard key bottoming out. While it's not silent you shouldn't be able to hear the switch at the activation point unless you are using the blue switches unless you have superman level of hearing. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Kaihekoa
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/09/10 08:10:39 (permalink)
Dang, I did not realize the Kalih browns were loud, that's too bad. Thanks for letting me know! I do have O rings that dampen the sound of a key bottoming out, but the sound of actually typing is still pretty audible. I'll look around for something else, thanks again.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/09/10 22:52:56 (permalink)
Hoggle
MSim
Kaihekoa

You can also get rubber O-rings for the Cherry MX or Kailh switches (the O-ring would be the same for both). With the brown switch and an O-ring put on the key cap you should have silent gaming since you would never hear the sound of the keyboard key bottoming out. While it's not silent you shouldn't be able to hear the switch at the activation point unless you are using the blue switches unless you have superman level of hearing. 

I didn't like O-rings on my CherryMX red RGB switches. they didn't do much to reduce the noise. I didn't like how the keys felt with the O-rings installed.

Kaihekoa, I recommend checking out mechanical keyboards on display at walmart or local bestbuy. Walmart near me has a few keyboards from Corsair Logitech and Razer on display. I don't if they have any keyboards using CherryMX Silent keys or not. 

Listening to people type online using CherryMX Silent,  like 30% quieter compared to CherryMX Red.

tolsen64
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/11/28 21:09:24 (permalink)
Is there a manual for the Z10 keyboard?  I bought one off the Midweek sale and it did not come with any instructions on how to configure the E keys.  Also, is there an SDK/API so I can display custom data on the LCD screen?  I can't seem to find anything on that.  I can do it on the old Logitech G15 keyboard and would like to make my software work with the Z10.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/11/29 02:42:05 (permalink)
tolsen64
Is there a manual for the Z10 keyboard?  I bought one off the Midweek sale and it did not come with any instructions on how to configure the E keys.  Also, is there an SDK/API so I can display custom data on the LCD screen?  I can't seem to find anything on that.  I can do it on the old Logitech G15 keyboard and would like to make my software work with the Z10.

The best I could find would be the YouTube video on the software overview. The manual is just a quick getting started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNbfihqyU0&feature=emb_logo 

You can always contact support and ask and really a overview video wouldn't be a bad thing for the macro keys.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Koithim
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 155
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2019/11/29 14:33:15 (permalink)
You can use AIDA64 to display stats on your Z10, more flexible than precision x1.

Cheers!

CASE: EVGA DG-87 COOL: ASUS Ryujin 360
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 MOBO: ROG Maximus XI Extreme
CPU: i9-9900k @ 5.0 GHz 4x8GB G.skill Trident Royal ddr4-4000
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB PCIe M.2
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
Display: Asus PG279Q Windows 10 pro 21H2

a1solarnova
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: Introducing the Z10 RGB Keyboard - Now In Stock! 2020/04/22 08:24:21 (permalink)
Having some issues with the Macro functions of the Z10.

It seems incredibly limited and basic.

Im trying to create a macro that with a single keypress will write out a simple sentence of introduction.

Problem is all i can seem to do is record a limited series or key presses, which doesnt even come close to being able to have the capacity required to write out a single sentence. Even with its limited recording capability it cant even record a simple shift + letter combination for a capital letter.

My old Logitech G15 had a far easier to use Macro manager where i could literally paste the sentence into the macro manager, set the timing interval for each character and space, and that was it. I press the key for the macro the sentence was typed out nice and fast and all was well.

How does one do this with the Z10 ??
post edited by a1solarnova - 2020/04/22 08:34:19

CPU: 3930k 4.6ghz OC @ 1.376v (Offset, C States & HT Enabled)
RAM: G.Skill 16gb 1866mhz CL9
Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro
Cooler: 3x 240mm Rad Custom loop.
GPU & VDU: EVGA GTX 780 Classified + Panasonic TH-42PZ85BA 1080p Plasma Screen
SSD: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 256gb 850 Evo.
Sound: Asus Xonar D2X + Logitech Z5500 / FiiO X3K + ATH-M50S
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000W
Case: Modded CM Storm Stryker
Peripherals: MadCatz RAT 7 MMO Mouse + GLIDE 9 Pad, Logitech G15 LCD keyboard
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile