Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Z

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
XeCuteU
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 12:01:39 (permalink)
Maybe alot of people can afford $10,000 in just vga cards...thats a car...i figure in 4 years time it will cost someone for a medium end gaming system $10,000..prices are just getting out of hand, i could see throwing that type of money at a build if i were in the graffix industry or some kind of cad design or in the music buisness to run all monitors and tons of hardware...but for gaming...ha!...ill just sit back with popcorn and watch all the rich overclockers...

My Affiliate Code: VVWLC2K4E5 Thank you!! 
Heatware :  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=78433

jisbell12
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 12:46:32 (permalink)
Jediexpress
No longer can they say that the titans were not designed for gaming..  Both here, and on Nvidia's website state's that it was...  Tbh, it's not worth the price.. And I fear this card will go the way of the 7990... Its priced 1k to much.. 

Titan's were, and always will be designed for gaming.  They were the only Nvidia cards that came with the premium 6gb of memory for the longest time and Nvidia knew they could charge premium for it while justifying that price because of some double precision mumbo jumbo.  Only after Nvidia has sold most of it's stock of Titan's/Titan Blacks, do we now get the 780 6gb versions to choose from.

Forget double precision, 99% of the people that bought these were benchmark addicts and gamers.  True professional cards have ECC memory to help support all that extra precision and customized drivers where Titan's use standard Geforce drivers.  If I had the money to burn, and wanted the very best quality card for professional work, I'd go with the Quadro K6000 any day with its 12gb of total memory, not 6gb per core like the new Titan Z.  And the K6000's also support SLI (note the SLI headers in the pic).  Too bad the Geforce Drivers won't support them...

Do you think 12gb would be enough for all the 4k gamers touting that 6gb is "required" for some of today's current games?

Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 12:58:53 (permalink)
Some rumors talk about GTX790, some pure gaming cheaper variant of dual card but I'm not sure.
You know R9-295X with some tubes and all in one system I don't like. But R9-295X under full cover block it's incredible card.
With this block cost about 1650-1750$ depend of shop or brand. 
EKWB and Koolance fullcover blocks for Radeon R9-295X.

This Koolance block look crazy, because R9-295X is immediately after buy to remove craps from him. 

It's bad because with all AMD manufacturer you must to remove screws with some textile over screwdriver to avoid possible marks because they can easy avoid to replace your card. It's lot of money and I'm not so brave to pay such price to any manufacturer.
I mean really now excuse, about Titan Z we can talk as 2% better or 2 worse, or 5% better and 5% worse any of them is same when you can pay Caselabs Case, AX1500i and very expensive DDR4 kit for Haswell E only for money difference between R9-295X and Titan Z.
That's reality. If someone ask me what you want I would say you use stronger 3000$ cards I will weaker and that stuff, Oppps but your is not stronger. I got everything else and stronger card...
I mean that's only possibility, you can buy what you want ...5960X and best most expensive X99 motherboard.
You can buy 1000$ custom loop and best EVGA Power Supply with cables, only for difference in money and you have stronger card or same, or 2% weaker no matter at all.
And it's not only AMD, for 1500$ and with NVIDIA cards with 6GB you can beat Titan Z, 3 way GTX780 6GB.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/05/29 13:10:14

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

Encryption
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 18:50:31 (permalink)
Just logged in to say... lolat3k. Can buy a good used motor for my BMW E46 for that.

geek32
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3167
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 19:05:14 (permalink)
i'll start betting on lottos starting monday next week (hoping to win)

My Heatware  |  My FS Thread

Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 19:09:51 (permalink)
When you look motor for BMW and graphic card parts you ask self what happen with people. 
How much testing and working is investing in one motor and how many parameters they measure and try to improve. 
Card cost 100-200$ for production but that's normal for all things, producer try to pull from card biggest price.
Maybe Titan Z become complete fail for NVIDIA, and maybe they start to look more real on whole thing and to stay on ground.
Lot of bad comments, lot of bad comments, Radeon owners joke with people, but maybe NVIDIA decide to save AMD.
Imagine someone who say Father buy my 1500$ card, he will tell him you are crazy, but in shop when retailer tell to him she is stronger than 3000$ cards than he will think maybe is not so bad idea. Who give you today for half price better. With NVIDIA we will never beat with performance 100$ more expensive Radeon card not 1500$.
If NVIDIA sell only 50 cards, they cover production of 500 and they didn't lose nothing. This is experiment for them, on us. 
I can say I would avoid and R9-295X and Titan Z and bought Titan Black SLI and put under water.
And AMD can dream to beat Titan Black SLI, that's lies if someone say such things.

Most of them work on 1100MHz base clock with own 8+6pin power connectors and R9-295X can't work without liquid at all.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/05/29 19:22:51

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

OGM3X
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 345
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 19:25:47 (permalink)
3K for a video card lol 

daddyjaxx
  • Total Posts : 74
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Z 2014/05/29 20:28:55 (permalink)
They'll never sell these at these prices, to normal people.  The only ones getting these are top overclockers with sponsors.  I like the "add a second for seamless 4k gaming in even the most graphics intense games".  For 6,000.00, it better clean my house and do the laundry too.  But, this is coming from someone who has four 780TI Classifieds, which was almost 3k anyway.

I7 950 D0
eVGA Classified 3
6 x 2 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000
3 x 470 eVGA GTX and eVGA 430
4 x Intel X25 80 GB SSD
3 x 1.0 TB WD Black
Corsair 1200w
EK Supreme HF, 3 x XSPC RX 320, Swiftech 320, 3 X Dangerden 470 GTX nickel, 3 x 355 pumps, 2 x XSPC res
Mountain Mods Ascension
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

Saying that you have high end water-cooling with your Thermaltake, Zalman, or H50 is like saying you have high end air with your Intel HSF
Rebelismo
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 20:43:59 (permalink)
jisbell12
Jediexpress
No longer can they say that the titans were not designed for gaming..  Both here, and on Nvidia's website state's that it was...  Tbh, it's not worth the price.. And I fear this card will go the way of the 7990... Its priced 1k to much.. 

Titan's were, and always will be designed for gaming.  They were the only Nvidia cards that came with the premium 6gb of memory for the longest time and Nvidia knew they could charge premium for it while justifying that price because of some double precision mumbo jumbo.  Only after Nvidia has sold most of it's stock of Titan's/Titan Blacks, do we now get the 780 6gb versions to choose from.

Forget double precision, 99% of the people that bought these were benchmark addicts and gamers.  True professional cards have ECC memory to help support all that extra precision and customized drivers where Titan's use standard Geforce drivers.  If I had the money to burn, and wanted the very best quality card for professional work, I'd go with the Quadro K6000 any day with its 12gb of total memory, not 6gb per core like the new Titan Z.  And the K6000's also support SLI (note the SLI headers in the pic).  Too bad the Geforce Drivers won't support them...

Do you think 12gb would be enough for all the 4k gamers touting that 6gb is "required" for some of today's current games?

Not sure if you deal with gpu rendering on a daily basis, but the K6000 has the same amount of cores as the Titan Black. The Titan has 1/2 the memory, but it's also 1/5th the price of the Quadro. It is a well known fact that the higher end geforce cards perform extremely well with gpu renderers like Octane, and are more cost effective than their "professional workstation graphics" equivalent. The only people I've seen with quad-Titan set ups are the ones who do use gpu rendering software, because the Titans scale better than one $5,000 Quadro. So these might be marketed for "gamers", but Nvidia has essentially created a new market for these without cutting into their "pro" market. 

As far as the $3,000 Titan Z goes...Its pretty much over-priced by a thousand dollars. I don't think that the card will satisfy either gamers, or professionals. 
iamSneaky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/29 21:48:16 (permalink)
$2000 ..... yeah, maybe. $3000+ .... Tell em they are Dreamin.

SS07:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

warrior10
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1039
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 02:17:26 (permalink)
Vlada011
When you look motor for BMW and graphic card parts you ask self what happen with people. 
How much testing and working is investing in one motor and how many parameters they measure and try to improve. 
Card cost 100-200$ for production but that's normal for all things, producer try to pull from card biggest price.
Maybe Titan Z become complete fail for NVIDIA, and maybe they start to look more real on whole thing and to stay on ground.
Lot of bad comments, lot of bad comments, Radeon owners joke with people, but maybe NVIDIA decide to save AMD.
Imagine someone who say Father buy my 1500$ card, he will tell him you are crazy, but in shop when retailer tell to him she is stronger than 3000$ cards than he will think maybe is not so bad idea. Who give you today for half price better. With NVIDIA we will never beat with performance 100$ more expensive Radeon card not 1500$.
If NVIDIA sell only 50 cards, they cover production of 500 and they didn't lose nothing. This is experiment for them, on us. 
I can say I would avoid and R9-295X and Titan Z and bought Titan Black SLI and put under water.
And AMD can dream to beat Titan Black SLI, that's lies if someone say such things.

Most of them work on 1100MHz base clock with own 8+6pin power connectors and R9-295X can't work without liquid at all.

I wasn't gonna post about this, but what the above said is true. Nvidia is doing this as an animal like test to see who will be stupid enough to buy these things. Nvidia had to know that 3k is a shot in the dark to nowhere. Bad thing is Nvidia has other stuff they could've made for half the cost that could outperform the Titan Z.

People remember this not much more than a test to see how many ppl will buy a Card that they know the the money does Not justify the price when Nvidia can make other GPUs a lot better.

My new 
https://www.gigabyte.com/...70-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf
HAF-X Coolermaster: 4 Fans
New Rig:Ryzen 1700 CPU-H100i Liquid arctic Cooled.
16gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Black WD Black caviar 2-1TB's and 1 500gig
WD Blue 1 TB  1 Sand disk SSD 240 for OS
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Dell 1444p G-Sync Monitor @144htz to 160htz
PeteTy
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 06:06:00 (permalink)
well i just got a 770 its $200 less than the 680 and about 10% faster
and a 50% jump from the 660Ti superclock
the 770 plugs into mATX board 660 wont (must Be ATX)
i would hope the new processors are cheaper than the old...

also wonder why water cooled is more $$ than the freon fed copper heat pipe air cooled
seems like the water block has a lot less copper and Al

dont see a speed test here at the moment: (30May14)

but i like the idea of lining em up next to each other
jisbell12
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 07:19:51 (permalink)
Rebelismo
jisbell12
Jediexpress

Not sure if you deal with gpu rendering on a daily basis, but the K6000 has the same amount of cores as the Titan Black. The Titan has 1/2 the memory, but it's also 1/5th the price of the Quadro. It is a well known fact that the higher end geforce cards perform extremely well with gpu renderers like Octane, and are more cost effective than their "professional workstation graphics" equivalent. The only people I've seen with quad-Titan set ups are the ones who do use gpu rendering software, because the Titans scale better than one $5,000 Quadro. So these might be marketed for "gamers", but Nvidia has essentially created a new market for these without cutting into their "pro" market. 

As far as the $3,000 Titan Z goes...Its pretty much over-priced by a thousand dollars. I don't think that the card will satisfy either gamers, or professionals. 

Not sure what you were trying to get across, but I'm well aware of specs on Titans, Geforce's, and Quadros, and I know what they're used for.  The point was Titan's were designed to be and are marketed as gamer cards, period, no matter what they can be are or are used for. 

I've never really seen any Quad Titan setup outside of benchmarking, and would be a waste for gamers.  Titan's may be used for certain applications, but they still use GEFORCE drivers.  NVidia only justified the high cost of the Titans with their "double precision" performance enabled with the card's firmware.  But without ECC memory, and in true professional applications and 3D simulations where precision and accuracy really do matter, the Titans just won't cut it.  Do some 3D simulations in the medical or engineering field for days with a Titan (if the software app even supports it) and have the results tainted because of too many memory errors, and you'll wish you had used a Quadro.  If your job relies on how accurate your work can be, it doesn't matter how much the card costs, you will buy the best for the money.  And that is the Quadro.  SLI those Quadro's and stick a Tesla in there for good measure.  You'll get performance.  Quadro's also support Quad SLI.
http:// www.nvidia.com  / object / quadro-sli-technology.html
(had to use spaces as I'm not worthy enough yet to post links.)

With the minimal cost of memory and with AMD cards having on average more memory than their NVidia counterparts, NVidia should have put more memory standard on their cards.  Honestly, since the K6000 does support 12gb of memory and is the same as the Titan Black, which is also the same as the 780 Ti (minus precision), why didn't the other cards come with more memory?  The Titan Black could have easily come with 12gb of memory and the 780 Ti could have easily came with 6gb.  This would have satisfied a lot of people and given the extreme gamers their ultimate "gamer card" with the Titan Black 12gb, and give the rest of use the 780 Ti 6gb that all of us have been asking for over many months.

The Titan had 6gb, the Titan Black should've had 12gb.

The 780 had 3gb, the 780 Ti should've had 6gb standard.

Titan Z?  It should've had AT LEAST 12gb per core.  It seems 6gb is old news and I'm surprised NVidia's now "Top of the Line" card debuts with only 6gb per core.  Thanks to a member's diligent testing, we've seen on this forum already that Watch Dog's can use more than 6gb on highest settings.  That limitation coupled such a high price tag (again due to the double precision feature which few will even use), killed this beast before it even hit the stores.
post edited by jisbell12 - 2014/05/30 07:26:07
Rebelismo
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 09:31:04 (permalink)
jisbell12
Rebelismo
jisbell12
Jediexpress

Not sure what you were trying to get across, but I'm well aware of specs on Titans, Geforce's, and Quadros, and I know what they're used for.  The point was Titan's were designed to be and are marketed as gamer cards, period, no matter what they can be are or are used for. 

I've never really seen any Quad Titan setup outside of benchmarking, and would be a waste for gamers.  Titan's may be used for certain applications, but they still use GEFORCE drivers.  NVidia only justified the high cost of the Titans with their "double precision" performance enabled with the card's firmware.  But without ECC memory, and in true professional applications and 3D simulations where precision and accuracy really do matter, the Titans just won't cut it.  Do some 3D simulations in the medical or engineering field for days with a Titan (if the software app even supports it) and have the results tainted because of too many memory errors, and you'll wish you had used a Quadro.  If your job relies on how accurate your work can be, it doesn't matter how much the card costs, you will buy the best for the money.  And that is the Quadro.  SLI those Quadro's and stick a Tesla in there for good measure.  You'll get performance.  Quadro's also support Quad SLI.
http://   / object / quadro-sli-technology.html
(had to use spaces as I'm not worthy enough yet to post links.)

With the minimal cost of memory and with AMD cards having on average more memory than their NVidia counterparts, NVidia should have put more memory standard on their cards.  Honestly, since the K6000 does support 12gb of memory and is the same as the Titan Black, which is also the same as the 780 Ti (minus precision), why didn't the other cards come with more memory?  The Titan Black could have easily come with 12gb of memory and the 780 Ti could have easily came with 6gb.  This would have satisfied a lot of people and given the extreme gamers their ultimate "gamer card" with the Titan Black 12gb, and give the rest of use the 780 Ti 6gb that all of us have been asking for over many months.

The Titan had 6gb, the Titan Black should've had 12gb.

The 780 had 3gb, the 780 Ti should've had 6gb standard.

Titan Z?  It should've had AT LEAST 12gb per core.  It seems 6gb is old news and I'm surprised NVidia's now "Top of the Line" card debuts with only 6gb per core.  Thanks to a member's diligent testing, we've seen on this forum already that Watch Dog's can use more than 6gb on highest settings.  That limitation coupled such a high price tag (again due to the double precision feature which few will even use), killed this beast before it even hit the stores.

Agree that the Titan Black should have had 12gb of non split up memory. Not sure what you consider a "true professional application", but I'd consider Autodesk's Maya a true professional 3d application. In fact I have owned a few quadros and also tested them at the office with Maya, and the high end geforce cards always come out on top for rendering. I also haven't noticed any differences in the viewport performance between a quadro and the titan black. A quad-titan set up would definitely be a waste for gamers, but it's an insanely great deal for archviz professionals. 

Do you have firsthand experience getting memory errors with medical sim/engineering work? 

sangoor
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 09:43:30 (permalink)
When I try to buy 2 GTX Titan Z from amazon the Estimated tax to be collected: $532.50
marsal
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 09:43:42 (permalink)
Did I hear someone say 4 way SLI?

Corsair 5000D Airflow White
Corsair HX850 PSU
EVGA Z690 Classified

Intel Core i7 12700K
Corsair iCue H150i CPU Capellix RGB cooler 

Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 32g
EVGA RTX 3080-TI FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Intel 670p M.2 2280 2TB PCIe NVMe

Intel 660p M.2 2280 2TB PCIe MVMe
Dell S3221QS Monitor
Corsair K95 RGB keyboard/VOID Elite RGB
Wireless Headset/M65 RGB Elite Mouse
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49170
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 10:43:05 (permalink)
sangoor
When I try to buy 2 GTX Titan Z from amazon the Estimated tax to be collected: $532.50

If you can afford to buy 2 GTX TITAN Z i'm sure an extra 532.50 isn't going to hurt you much. 

Why don't you just buy them from newegg? 
sangoor
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 10:56:58 (permalink)
Sajin
sangoor

If you can afford to buy 2 GTX TITAN Z i'm sure an extra 532.50 isn't going to hurt you much.  Why don't you just buy them from newegg? 

Actually I was plan to buy 2 GTX Titan Z to replace 2 GTX 690 but this thread make me feel that if I make it I'll be fool :(
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 11:13:18 (permalink)
sangoor
Actually I was plan to buy 2 GTX Titan Z to replace 2 GTX 690 but this thread make me feel that if I make it I'll be fool :(

You would be better off buying two 295x2 GPU's. If you want the Z's though and can justify the price to performance go for it.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 17:07:33 (permalink)
Titan Z Superclocked sold out on newegg. 
JJVAL
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 705
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 18:23:53 (permalink)
INSANE $3,000.00 and $6,000.00 for SLI YIKES  im buying a new boat instead !!!!

warrior10
FTW Member
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 19:09:05 (permalink)
sangoor
Sajin
sangoor

If you can afford to buy 2 GTX TITAN Z i'm sure an extra 532.50 isn't going to hurt you much.  Why don't you just buy them from newegg? 

I really hate to say this, and don't take offence plz. But it would be foolish to buy 2 Titan Zs, and just 1 R-295x2 is only $1500.00 with what?? 6 or 12gigs each. Just 1 R-295x2 will do circles around the Titan Z. Buy 2 R-295x2's and you could have either 12 or 24Gigs in Crossfire.

I hate saying this because i'm usually always on Nvidias side, and usually know what Nvidia can or will produce GPU wise, but Nvidia went too far, and they're using ppl as test dumbies, and i don't want ppl to be like that.

In the 90s' and early 2,000s I was an avid Pro-ATI man, but when i got Nvidia they had more drivers and usually better service.

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/30 19:10:16 (permalink)
JJVAL
INSANE $3,000.00 and $6,000.00 for SLI YIKES  im buying a new boat instead !!!!

Or a nice 2nd hand car to build up :)

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Ajay57
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/31 07:48:11 (permalink)
A, It looks like a replacement for the GTX 690 even so it does not look that Brilliant for the overall cost!

B, 2 x GTX TITAN BLACKS still showing in front and maybe a more cost effective way of going as a up grade for someone!

C, Last but not least it still not much better than my 2 X EVGA GTX 780TI's Superclocked version, but i bet someone will still buy it thou!!

Regards,

AJ.

MOBO: ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION  AC4.
CPU: i7-4960X @ 4200Mhz @ 1.200V.
GPU: 2 X EVGA GTX 780 TI SUPERCLOCKED. (03G-P4-2883-KR)
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256 GB.
PSU: CORSAIR 1200W GOLD PRO.
DIMASTECH BENCH UNIT.

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/31 12:47:04 (permalink)

What a beast of a card!                 

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
hackztor
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/31 15:18:21 (permalink)
A beast with the price tag to go with it, then within 6 months a new card comes out based on maxwell and the 300 dollar version beats the 3000 dollar. Makes it pointless to release such a beefy card at the end of the life of kepler, these are the cards we want at the beginning.

XrayMan

What a beast of a card!                 

quaan
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/05/31 16:01:49 (permalink)
Hilarious.
Nvidia can keep these cards.
WHat bragging rights? You just lost $3000 on owning a GPU that really is not necessary. Probably loose another $700 in a few months trying to sell it.
Forget it!!!
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Z 2014/06/01 20:04:24 (permalink)
sourtimes9
This card is a joke.

Gaming:
R9 295X2
R9 295X2 CF
780ti SLI
780ti TRI SLI
780ti QUAD SLI
R9 290X CF
R9 290X TRI FIRE
R9 290X QUAD FIRE
780 SLI
780 TRI SLI
R9 290 CF
R9 290 TRI CF
R9 290 QUAD FIRE

CUDA:
TITAN DUAL
TITAN TRI
TITAN BLACK DUAL
TITAN BLACK TRI

All solutions faster and cheaper.  Nvidia's marketing department crapped the bed on this card.

I was just telling this to my wife (who pretends to care). How can they think 3k for a dual gpu card that takes up four slots is ok?
How can they triple the price for two cards?
How could they think 3k when their competitor is charging 1500 with a closed water loop?

However it does look cool.

RDKing2
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 185
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/06/01 22:42:48 (permalink)
warrior10
sangoor
Sajin
sangoor

I really hate to say this, and don't take offence plz. But it would be foolish to buy 2 Titan Zs, and just 1 R-295x2 is only $1500.00 with what?? 6 or 12gigs each. Just 1 R-295x2 will do circles around the Titan Z. Buy 2 R-295x2's and you could have either 12 or 24Gigs in Crossfire.

I hate saying this because i'm usually always on Nvidias side, and usually know what Nvidia can or will produce GPU wise, but Nvidia went too far, and they're using ppl as test dumbies, and i don't want ppl to be like that.

In the 90s' and early 2,000s I was an avid Pro-ATI man, but when i got Nvidia they had more drivers and usually better service.

Well, if you have got the coin to even consider spending that much on just video cards.  Then cost to performance is most likely pretty low on the scale.  If I lived in a 5000sqft house and drove $120k+ cars a couple of TitanZ's would be on my purchase list.
jisbell12
Re: Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTZ Titan Z 2014/06/02 08:51:10 (permalink)
I'll keep saying this forever.  The Titan/Titan Black were both over priced because of the precision feature they have, and now the Titan-Z is an even more over priced gamer card.  Less than 1% of the people that bought these Titan cards actually needed that precision feature, but yet gamers ate them up.  Nvidia knew that gamers would pay any price to get the Titans as they had more memory than the current offerings, and more memory is always better, right?  In a gamer's or enthusiast's eyes it always is!  Even so, there is absolutely no difference in gaming with a 780 now with 6gb than it was when the Titan first came out over a year ago with its 6gb of on-board memory.

Unless I'm wrong, the Quadro K6000 supports 12gb of memory with the same GK110 chip on-board, so there is absolutely no conceivable reason that the 780Ti or even the Titan Black should have been developed without 12gb on-board as well.  And the regular 780 should have had 6gb to begin with.  This Titan-Z is an overpriced card castrated from the start because it only has 6gb per core, and no better than having 2x6gb Titans in SLI.  I would not have thought it, but we're seeing the newest games already coming out that are wanting more than 6gb now at highest detail settings, whether the games are poorly optimized or not.

I don't fault the resellers for having the cards available (EVGA, Asus, etc.), but I do fault Nvidia for marketing this card already so late in the game for such a high price and with such little memory compared to AMD's latest offerings.

I really hope there aren't too many people willing to pay Nvidia's R&D fees by buying this card, and I hope everyone else isn't expecting a 790 (or a 780 Ti 6gb card) to ever be released.  The Titan Black is your Ti with 6gb, and the Titan-Z is your 790.  Newegg has already sold out of the Titan-Z OC cards, so the fact that people already will pay higher prices to get the Titan cards shows Nvidia that it doesn't have to develop the regular versions of its high-end cards now.  Why would they?
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile