EVGA

Idk what I could possably be doing wrong with replacing pads any suggestions

Author
was_always_winter
  • Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/09/01 05:12:11 (permalink)
My temps are way worse since i changed the pads to the point can't use it itl shut down in a minute or so

Now I measured the thermal pads that I was replacing so they should be the right ones

On a side note I didn't paste the gpu like crazy as iv seen others do did a bit more than you would for a cpu

And we'll I have a question to is it possable cheap thermal pads are causing the issue I did use cheap 6w/mk owl tree pads however if that was the cause of the issue the cpu temps would be through the roof?

So not really sure where to go from here any suggestions
I have a evga xc black 2080 if helps any

Also there's a thread with the exact sizes needed for thermal pads as I used whole number 1.0mm 2.0mm my measurements might he a off by a hiar should this matter 0.25mm difference?

Also is great that they list the thermal pads you need but I can't find a diagram anywhere that would suggest what pad for what spot cause clearly eyeballing it and matching it up that way is innacure

Anyone have a diagram as my particular card the 2080 xc black isn't listed in that thermal pad size thread for some reason less is the same as a 2060 or 2080 super
post edited by was_always_winter - 2024/09/01 07:08:16

2 Replies Related Threads

Landvader07
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: Idk what I could possably be doing wrong with replacing pads any suggestions 2024/09/01 14:58:15 (permalink)
    was_always_winter

And we'll I have a question to is it possable cheap thermal pads are causing the issue I did use cheap 6w/mk owl tree pads however if that was the cause of the issue the cpu temps would be through the roof?

Also there's a thread with the exact sizes needed for thermal pads as I used whole number 1.0mm 2.0mm my measurements might he a off by a hiar should this matter 0.25mm difference?

Anyone have a diagram as my particular card the 2080 xc black isn't listed in that thermal pad size thread for some reason less is the same as a 2060 or 2080 super

I think cheap thermal pads are the issue, because they don't provide good heat dissapation. also it shouldn't matter if it's off by a hair. also your thermal pad sizes are 58x14x2 or 28x14x2 
    post edited by Landvader07 - 2024/09/01 15:00:57
    was_always_winter
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: Idk what I could possably be doing wrong with replacing pads any suggestions 2024/09/01 15:40:10 (permalink)
    I wondered that to but given the gpu temp never went about 76 79in rare circumstances seeing it go straight up to close to. A 100(i quickly turn off so it don't shut off) I'm guessing that the heatsink isn't tight against the chip wich leads me to believe the pads are fine just maybe the measurements arnt right although they where idintical to the ones I took off maybe hair difference but I didn't notice
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile