EVGA

I LOVE YOU EVGA (Short Story) X58 Classified 3 + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super !!!!

Author
Lan019
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 296
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2024/09/02 05:21:43 (permalink)
Howdy guys, it's been a long time since I've been on the forums. But I had to take some time and make a post about why EVGA is just the best company EVER! So many years ago I built my own watercooled PC using EVGA as my foundation for the build. While I was building I bought a MoBo that was damaged when it was shipped. So I had to Buy another one which lead me to purchase the BEST MOBO IN THE WORLD!!  https://eu.evga.com/articles/00581/ - The EVGA X58 Classified 3 motherboard.. Over the years I've done some patch work to keep it compatiable with current drivers and updates. I went from my GTX 470 GPU to a GTX 660, and a GTX 770 super over the years. But lately the GTX 770 2GB card was showing her age when it came to gaming. Nowadays it seems 6GB is a standard for most things. Now I've played WOW since Vanilla and was really worried my GTX 770 Super 2GB wasn't going to be able to handle the new The War Within Content update. Side note , Life hasn't been the best for a few years for me and was really depressed I might not get to hang out with my online friends anymore for the frist time in like 20 years. So, I started to look for an upgrade for my GPU ( mind you I don't have the money to buy one ) but was looking just to look. I was reading that a GTX 1080 8GB would work and started google for one and they were anywhere from $250-600! I was like ya I can't get that.

So, Time goes on the pre-patch for WoW's The War Within comes out. I'm biting my nails Hoping I can login and still play and luckily ( on potato settings ofc ) the GTX 770 super 2GB was able to play the update!! I was happy but I could tell the GPU was screaming running 50c in a city not doing anything but standing there. Jumping foward in time a little more one night I was talking to a friend randomly about that I was worried I might not be able to play The War Within ( TWW ) because of my old GTX 770 2GB card. Now here is where the story gets nuts!!

He said, Hey What's your address I have a 2070 super 8GB I can give you.  My mouth dropped to the ground.. Now lets get this clear I thought he ment a GTX 2070 super... So we get on discord and start talking about this GPU. Turns out he bought a pre-built PC and during shipping they dropped it and it broke the PCB on the MoBo and broke the heatsink off the CPU. So he took the PC to a shop to get a repair estimate for the insurance claim.. The shop guy said the GPU's should be totally fine. So since 2020 he's had this ( what i thought were GTX 2070 Supers ) just sitting in his closet lol. More talking goes on and he sends me some pictures and I think my brain exploded a little hahah - because this is the picture he sent me -

It was a freaking Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition GPU ... Now Over the shock he was causally talking he said how about $100-200 for it, I told him I don't have the money to buy it ( Life has been hell for a several years for me ) He said Oh nvm then , What's your addresss you can just have it. Still in udder shock I was like okay but frist let me call EVGA and do some more digging for information on even if a RTX series card would run in my old EVGA X58 Classified 3 motherboard. He was like okay, So I did my do diligence Googled like crazy, found some compatibilty tools and numbers wise the card look like it would work. So I did the last thing and called EVGA Tech support to get more information on the crazy topic lol, Because I doubt many people have ever even thought to stick a RTX 2070 super into a X58 Classified 3 motherboard. The Tech guy was super cool and but said they don't carry the board in house and couldnt really test it and didn't have enough information on the topic. Btw, Shoutout to EVGA's Custormer Service You guys always are so chill and handle problems fast!! 

So, After a day or so I contacted my friend and said I'll take the card. He's like cool shipping it soon! -  So a week later the card shows up and I leave it in the box because I was hesitant to install it and have something go wrong like, blowing up my PC lol. Finally I said F it LET DOETT!! So, I pulled out my GTX 770 2GB card and started messing around with cabling and finally installed the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition GPU. I run a Dual monitor setup and had to use a Display port adaptor my friend sent with the card so finally get the Monitors hooked up... I'm sweating bullets at this point.. Triple check every connection then finally..

The moment of turth!!! 

ITS ALIVEEEEEEE!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes, it worked! After some drivers updates and tweaks I got to my desktop and checked out the performance.

This thing is a Beast!!! Currently It seems I'm capping on my Ram I'd like to find a 24GB trip channel replacement sometime when life gets better and I have the cash. But OMG!!

In Closing, EVGA I love your company I bought this EVGA X58 Classified 3 motherboard with the intent on furture proofing my PC but not in my wildest dreams did I think I'd still be using it in 2024 with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition GPU.  Thank you so much for your quality equipment and amazing custormer service over the many many years!! Can't Thank you enough!

Wish me a happy birthday its on the 10th! :D Thanks!! 

5 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 84175
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: I LOVE YOU EVGA (Short Story) X58 Classified 3 + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super !!!! 2024/09/02 09:42:25 (permalink)
    EVGA's X58 motherboards were some of the best available. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10471
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: I LOVE YOU EVGA (Short Story) X58 Classified 3 + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super !!!! 2024/09/02 09:56:22 (permalink)
    Sounds like everything just fell into place for you.  Good to see your rig humming along.  I bought an EVGA X58 Classy 3 back in 2010 and used it for years.  Since then the whole system has been passed to other family members and it's still running strong today.  The only thing I've done to it is put newer GPU's in it as I upgraded mine. One new PSU as well.

Enjoy your rig and Happy Birthday...

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 16553
    • Ribbons : 271
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: I LOVE YOU EVGA (Short Story) X58 Classified 3 + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super !!!! 2024/09/02 11:38:31 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

And their non-high-end X58s were some of the worst.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18114
    • Ribbons : 58
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: I LOVE YOU EVGA (Short Story) X58 Classified 3 + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super !!!! 2024/09/02 20:37:06 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    rjohnson11

And their non-high-end X58s were some of the worst.

Just ignore him, he's always like this.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 16553
    • Ribbons : 271
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: I LOVE YOU EVGA (Short Story) X58 Classified 3 + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super !!!! 2024/09/02 20:44:44 (permalink)
    Always like this? Factual? Providing more context?  Thank you!

The EVGA 'Vanilla' X58 was the last EVGA motherboard I owned. It was trash. I swore to never buy an EVGA motherboard again. Not much later, EVGA's entire motherboard lineup went downhill.

The EVGA GTX 1080 was the last EVGA video card I owned. It was fine. It still is fine.  But I saw the writing on the wall early, and voiced my concerns. Guess what? I was right. Their video cards went to crap and what I said was true.

Now you are here holding onto some memory while the products and support are no good, and holding every negative truth against the people who mention them. Don't you feel silly praising a one-sided dream and bothering me about your loss?

Quit being childish.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2024/09/05 08:58:02

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile