EVGA

Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account.

Author
SAYSteez
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 306
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2011/12/26 12:01:05 (permalink)
Ok so after spending 1 hour and 40 minutes on the phone with Bioware and 30 minutes on the phone with EA I figured out how to change your email on your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin email. This will require you to call EA support

Step 1 - If your EA account has the email you want your SWTOR account to have, you must change the EA account email to a different email.

Step 2 - After changing your EA account email you can now change your SWTOR email to the email you wanted.

Step 3 - Your SWTOR email should now be the email that your EA account was previously using before you changed it, and your EA email should be the email you don't want.

Step 4 - Now call EA (1-866-543-5435) click 2 on your phone when the automated voice asks you to choose an option and wait to get connected to Tech Support.

Step 4 - Once you get connected ask them to change your EA email to your SWTOR email, A.K.A the email you want everything to be linked under.

I hope this helps anyone in the future and I hope it saves you time.
P.S. EA Support is awesome.

Specs updated 2016

7 Replies Related Threads

marundo
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 518
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account. 2011/12/27 00:59:29 (permalink)
    LOL I currently have this going on with my Old Republic being separate from my other 3 Origin games (so far not to impressed with Origin). The only reason it hasn't been a big deal to me is I don't have to open Origin to play Old Republic.

When I have time I will use your advice, thanks for laying the ground work.
    SAYSteez
    iCX Member
    Re:Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account. 2011/12/27 05:55:46 (permalink)
    marundo

LOL I currently have this going on with my Old Republic being separate from my other 3 Origin games (so far not to impressed with Origin). The only reason it hasn't been a big deal to me is I don't have to open Origin to play Old Republic.

When I have time I will use your advice, thanks for laying the ground work.

Yea it's actually a Bioware problem because they tried linking their system with EA but the tech support person I talked to from EA said they already set it up to link emails without throwing out an error saying the email is in use.

Sadly the Bioware tech support is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with since I was on the phone for 1 hour and 30 something minutes and I didn't get no where talking to an Indian and French person with strong accents who couldn't understand me at all, but thank god EA support is on par with EVGA support since I've never really had a problem with them.

Specs updated 2016
    Porpoise Hork
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5268
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re:Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account. 2011/12/27 08:45:02 (permalink)
    why in the frig would I want to link ANY game that doesnt absolutely need to be with that pile of excrement they call Origin?

That is the buggiest and worst attempt as a Steam copy I have ever seen.
    SAYSteez
    iCX Member
    Re:Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account. 2011/12/27 09:00:10 (permalink)
    Porpoise Hork

why in the frig would I want to link ANY game that doesnt absolutely need to be with that pile of excrement they call Origin?

Clearly you weren't with Steam from the beginning before they had their whole stolen chat program from XFIRE and the whole market thing going on.

I have yet to have any problems with Origin to call it the buggiest and worst attempt at a Steam copy.
    P.S. Competition is good.

Specs updated 2016
    killuchen
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1500
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account. 2011/12/27 09:05:36 (permalink)
    Agreed, I was with steam when it was first introduced. I was playing CS at the time. God was it a nightmare.
    Porpoise Hork
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5268
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re:Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account. 2011/12/27 09:39:02 (permalink)
    SAYSteez

Porpoise Hork

Clearly you weren't with Steam from the beginning before they had their whole stolen chat program from XFIRE and the whole market thing going on.

I have yet to have any problems with Origin to call it the buggiest and worst attempt at a Steam copy.

I had a few minor issues with steam when it first launched but nothing in comparrison to Origin.

It constantly crashes and kills what ever d/l I am trying to do forcing me to start over it took me 2 days to d/l the bf3 beta. I have been trying to d/l a sims game for my wife for nearly a week now and refuses to behave. I have spent who knows how long on the phone with EA trying to solve the issue but so far nothing has worked.  They even suggested that I reinstall W7 to try to fix the issues with their software.   it worked perfectly up till the last client update they released. ever since that i have had nothing but problems.

As for competition..  yes it's a good thing but EA clearly wants to charge premium prices for EVERYTHING and if they do run a sale its laughable at best.
    SAYSteez
    iCX Member
    Re:Here's how to link your SWTOR account to your EA/Origin account. 2011/12/27 09:50:34 (permalink)
    Porpoise Hork

SAYSteez

Porpoise Hork

I had a few minor issues with steam when it first launched but nothing in comparrison to Origin.

It constantly crashes and kills what ever d/l I am trying to do forcing me to start over it took me 2 days to d/l the bf3 beta. I have been trying to d/l a sims game for my wife for nearly a week now and refuses to behave. I have spent who knows how long on the phone with EA trying to solve the issue but so far nothing has worked.  They even suggested that I reinstall W7 to try to fix the issues with their software.   it worked perfectly up till the last client update they released. ever since that i have had nothing but problems.

As for competition..  yes it's a good thing but EA clearly wants to charge premium prices for EVERYTHING and if they do run a sale its laughable at best.

I can understand where you're coming from but honestly this is why PC is so hard to program for because there's so many aspects that you have to cover on all of the billion different setups out there.

I know it's not the best DDM out there but when you get it working it shines like the sun with its 7.8MB/s downloading and the clean UI with easy acess to your games. I still prefer DVDs though...

Specs updated 2016
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile