EVGA

Hot!Have a few questions for EVGA on the Z690 classified.

Author
veridiux
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/10/03 23:31:11 (permalink)
Alright, so when I first got my system built I had weird issues with errors that would say "memory has changed" and "cpu has changed", also something about vmd controller. Anyways, I posted in the forums and someone told me they had the same issue and removed hwinfo from startup and it fixed the issue. This was three weeks ago and I haven't seen a single error when booting the pc since. This really confuses me. These errors would happen during post, way before even booting the nvme to get into the os. So now the question is, how is this possible? I would really like to know how removing hwinfo from startup can fix errors during post.

Would really love an answer from someone at EVGA on this issue.

Also, is it possible to disable all lighting only when the PC is off? I have to keep my PC in my room would love to be able to have the option to turn off the lights when the pc goes off.

Spec-
12900k @ 5.2Ghz
5600Mhz Corsair Dominator 16gb x2
EVGA Z690 Classified
EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra3 Gaming
WD Black Gen4 1TB Nvme
Seagate 6TB 7200RPM x3 @ Raid0

6 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Have a few questions for EVGA on the Z690 classified. 2022/10/04 02:19:34 (permalink)
    Regarding the HWInfo issue, I don't have an answer to that.  I kicked it over to our MB team a while back to look into, but I haven't heard back from them.  From what I've read, other competitor boards were also having issues with the memory section of CPU-Z and others, so it seems there's some issue with the software calling to or reading from the motherboard to cause instability.  I don't know if any other boards have a similar boot message, but I do agree that it seems these sorts of issues are strange.

Usually for that there's an ErP option in the BIOS or dark mode to disable LED, but I'm not sure off the top of my head if those options are in the Classified BIOS.
    veridiux
    Re: Have a few questions for EVGA on the Z690 classified. 2022/10/04 04:32:18 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    Regarding the HWInfo issue, I don't have an answer to that.  I kicked it over to our MB team a while back to look into, but I haven't heard back from them.  From what I've read, other competitor boards were also having issues with the memory section of CPU-Z and others, so it seems there's some issue with the software calling to or reading from the motherboard to cause instability.  I don't know if any other boards have a similar boot message, but I do agree that it seems these sorts of issues are strange.

Usually for that there's an ErP option in the BIOS or dark mode to disable LED, but I'm not sure off the top of my head if those options are in the Classified BIOS.

Thank you for the quick response. I'm glad to know this is already being looked into and that it's a definite known issue.

As for the lights, I know I can disable them or turn on dark mode. However, I want to keep the lights on and only shut them off when the pc is shutdown.
    frankd3
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 512
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Have a few questions for EVGA on the Z690 classified. 2022/10/04 05:22:20 (permalink)
    veridiux

As for the lights, I know I can disable them or turn on dark mode. However, I want to keep the lights on and only shut them off when the pc is shutdown.

As EVGATech_LeeM mentioned, the bios should have ERP mode (European Standard for Energy Efficiency). Turn that on.
    Power will be reduced and leds will go off because they don't have enough power.

It works on my Z590 FTW.

EVGA Z590 FTW, i9-11900K, EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB, GSkill F4-3600C14D-32GTRSA, EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra, EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, Corsair 5000D Airflow, BenQ EX2780Q 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

veridiux
    Re: Have a few questions for EVGA on the Z690 classified. 2022/10/04 05:24:39 (permalink)
    frankd3
    veridiux

As EVGATech_LeeM mentioned, the bios should have ERP mode (European Standard for Energy Efficiency). Turn that on.
    Power will be reduced and leds will go off because they don't have enough power.

It works on my Z590 FTW.

Ohhh I don't know how I missed that. I'll check as soon as I get home.
    veridiux
    Re: Have a few questions for EVGA on the Z690 classified. 2022/10/04 13:46:03 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM

Just wanted to let you know the ERP option in the bios worked great! Thank you so much
    zyplesoftware
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Have a few questions for EVGA on the Z690 classified. 2024/01/31 04:29:20 (permalink)
    Removing HWiNFO from startup might have resolved the "memory has changed," "CPU has changed," and vmd controller errors during the POST process by eliminating potential conflicts between the hardware monitoring software and critical system components. The specific interaction between monitoring tools and the BIOS/UEFI during the early stages of booting could have been the source of the issues. As for disabling all lighting when the PC is off, it depends on your motherboard's capabilities; check the BIOS/UEFI settings or the motherboard manual for options related to RGB lighting control, as some motherboards offer the ability to turn off lighting when the system is powered down. If such an option is unavailable, third-party RGB control software may provide a solution based on system status, though functionality depends on your specific motherboard model and RGB system.

I have good command in ERP Software like with implementation, support and add on solutions.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile