EVGA

NU Audio Card Review

Author
bvmcdaniel
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/02/01 16:06:10 (permalink)
I've only had my card for a short time, and am mostly satisfied with it thus far.  The sound quality is great.  I must say, however, the installation was a little annoying having to run a SATA power cable to it.  I've never had to run a power cable to a sound card in all the years I've had PCs with sound cards.  I would have preferred the smaller headphone jack versus using an adapter, but that's a small annoyance.

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: NU Audio Card Review 2019/02/01 16:15:27 (permalink)
    Hi bvmcdaniel,

Congrats on your first post!
    AngelGraves13
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re: NU Audio Card Review 2019/02/03 09:13:33 (permalink)
    How does it compare to AE-5?
    GGTV-Jon
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re: NU Audio Card Review 2019/02/03 11:02:17 (permalink)
    "I would have preferred the smaller headphone jack versus using an adapter"

The reason why it is setup with the larger plug being the default is that some higher end headphones actually use the larger plug and using an adapter from the larger size to a small jack puts to much strain on the smaller jack socket or you have to use an adapter cable. Much easier to use the larger jack and if need use the adapter for the small jack headphones

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10105
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: NU Audio Card Review 2019/02/03 11:08:38 (permalink)
    GGTV-Jon
    "I would have preferred the smaller headphone jack versus using an adapter"

The reason why it is setup with the larger plug being the default is that some higher end headphones actually use the larger plug and using an adapter from the larger size to a small jack puts to much strain on the smaller jack socket or you have to use an adapter cable. Much easier to use the larger jack and if need use the adapter for the small jack headphones

True and it would be better to have to replace the adapter then having to replace the graphics card because of the strain on the socket.

As for the review hopefully we see an update to this thread to answer some of the questions EVGA wanted to try to get feedback on. It shouldn't be that hard and feedback can be good or bad as long as it's honest. Don't feel you need to update the review all at once just over the time of use feel free to update the review and it's if you want to.

• What equipment did you use? (make of speakers and headphones and a little bit about your system)
    • How you did you test the card? (music or gaming? Did you like listen to a song on your phone and then the same song on the NV Audio)
    • What did you enjoy the most about the EVGA NU Audio Card?
    • What improvements would you like to see?
    • What was your overall impression?
    post edited by Hoggle - 2019/02/03 11:16:17

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

ArmadilloMan
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: NU Audio Card Review 2019/10/17 17:29:14 (permalink)
    I've enjoyed the card well enough. Great sound quality, good options in the software. However, I have had some issues with the drivers stopping working with Windows updates.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile