EVGA

EVGA Geforce gtx 1660 TI black driver install

Author
whiggs2
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/03/09 17:58:30 (permalink)
Hello all.  So I have what may seem like an odd issue.  Recently, my server's video card went bad, so I figured I would replace it with the video card mentioned in the subject of this post.  Anyhow, I have been running into some.....issues.....trying to get the drivers installed.  When I try to install the drivers on a server 2016 os, I get an error stating that the installation can't continue because the os is incompatible.  However, when I try installing the drivers on a server 2019 os, the install goes through successfully, but I can't use that particular os because I run into several other issues.  So, my question is, is the gpu mentioned in the subject compatible with server operating systems?  If so, why am I having such a hard time installing it on my server 2016 box?  Is there some kind of feature that needs to be enabled?  Any info would really be appreciated.  Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA Geforce gtx 1660 TI black driver install 2019/03/09 18:00:37 (permalink)
    whiggs2
    Hello all.  So I have what may seem like an odd issue.
    Recently, my server's video card went bad, so I figured I would replace it with the video card mentioned in the subject of this post.
    Anyhow, I have been running into some.....issues.....trying to get the drivers installed.
    When I try to install the drivers on a server 2016 os, I get an error stating that the installation can't continue because the os is incompatible.
    However, when I try installing the drivers on a server 2019 os, the install goes through successfully, but I can't use that particular os because I run into several other issues.
    So, my question is, is the gpu mentioned in the subject compatible with server operating systems?
    If so, why am I having such a hard time installing it on my server 2016 box? 
    Is there some kind of feature that needs to be enabled?  Any info would really be appreciated. 
    Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum
    Official OS Support is Windows 10 and Windows 7 
    You must use Driver 419.17 or Higher
    https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/143229/en-us
    Gaming Technology
    Includes support for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics cards
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/144363/en-us

Did You Preset Server 2019 to Support Desktop?
    That is Install With Desktop Support?

Server 2016 is somewhat the same.
    What Servers are running or Motherboard/CPU and is the Bios Current?

I use the two cards below on my Servers
    EVGA GeForce GT 1030 SC, 02G-P4-6333-KR, 2GB GDDR5, Low Profile Has Full size I/O Plate and only runs at x4.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING, 03G-P4-5160-KR, 3GB GDDR5
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/09 18:40:02

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

whiggs2
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Geforce gtx 1660 TI black driver install 2019/03/10 07:09:11 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    whiggs2
    Hello all.  So I have what may seem like an odd issue.
    Recently, my server's video card went bad, so I figured I would replace it with the video card mentioned in the subject of this post.
    Anyhow, I have been running into some.....issues.....trying to get the drivers installed.
    When I try to install the drivers on a server 2016 os, I get an error stating that the installation can't continue because the os is incompatible.
    However, when I try installing the drivers on a server 2019 os, the install goes through successfully, but I can't use that particular os because I run into several other issues.
    So, my question is, is the gpu mentioned in the subject compatible with server operating systems?
    If so, why am I having such a hard time installing it on my server 2016 box? 
    Is there some kind of feature that needs to be enabled?  Any info would really be appreciated. 
    Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum
    Official OS Support is Windows 10 and Windows 7 
    You must use Driver 419.17 or Higher

Gaming Technology
    Includes support for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics cards

Did You Preset Server 2019 to Support Desktop?
    That is Install With Desktop Support?

Server 2016 is somewhat the same.
    What Servers are running or Motherboard/CPU and is the Bios Current?

I use the two cards below on my Servers
     Has Full size I/O Plate and only runs at x4.

Thank you for your reply.  Here is the weird thing.  I run into this issue when I attempt to install the drivers on windows server 2016, yes.  But, when I try to install the video card drivers on windows server 2019, it works!!  However, there are some other issues I am running into regarding using server 2019, so I would prefer to use server 2016, as the only issue I am running into when using it is this video card driver installation.  Furthermore, even stranger is the fact that I had a much, much older video card installed in the server
    (when it was running 2016) until it broke a couple of days ago. Replaced it and ran into these issues immediately.  And both operating systems had desktop support enabled.  BIOS is current.  Additional info below

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA Geforce gtx 1660 TI black driver install 2019/03/10 11:45:54 (permalink)
    I would work with NVIDIA on this being Server OS.
    Not the Best CPU for Server 2019 but you can test to see if you can get the (Integrated Graphics) to work Before a PCIe Graphics Card.
    I had to reinstall Server 2019 to get the Video Card to work as well as the Audio.
    Both Must now be done on Install of the OS and will now work after the OS has been installed.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/10 11:48:33

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile