Dual Monitors on GEForce 210

Author
mikecouling
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2013/04/05 10:32:51 (permalink)
Hi, A newbie here, so go easy on me.
I've just bought a GEForce210 so that I can have dual monitors. I'm not doing any fancy like heavyweight gaming; I just want to increase my screen space so I can have a document on one screen and an application on the other.
In my innocence, I expected to install the new card in addition to the integrated adapter, run one monitor off the integrated adapter and one off the EVGA card.
However once the EVGA card is installed, the integrated adapter produces no signal. Reading the documentation, it sounds like this is what I should expect because it says to disable the integrated adapter first. But if I do this, I still have only one VGA port (on the EVGA card) available to plug a monitor into, not two as I'd hoped. 
Is the solution to get some kind of adapter for the second monitor to use one of the other ports, or is there a way of having both VGA ports enabled at the same time.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Any comments about my ignorance, less so.
Mike

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2033
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re:Dual Monitors on GEForce 210 2013/04/05 11:07:49 (permalink)
    Dear mikecouling,

Can you please confirm what type of wires you are using to connect the monitors to the graphics card? If they are both VGA cables then I can recommend using a DVI to VGA adapter on the large white port and the small blue VGA port on the card itself. Any additiona information that you can offer would be helpful to try and assist further. 

mikecouling
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Dual Monitors on GEForce 210 2013/04/05 11:55:17 (permalink)
    Thanks for your input Chris.
    Yes, both monitors are using VGA cables; I was expecting to plug one into the integrated adapter blue port and one into the EVGA card blue port. Is a "DVI to VGA adapter" a cable with a DVI plug at one end and VGA at the other or a one-piece plug?
    Mike
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re:Dual Monitors on GEForce 210 2013/04/09 15:33:15 (permalink)
    mikecouling

Thanks for your input Chris.
    Yes, both monitors are using VGA cables; I was expecting to plug one into the integrated adapter blue port and one into the EVGA card blue port. Is a "DVI to VGA adapter" a cable with a DVI plug at one end and VGA at the other or a one-piece plug?
    Mike

The DVI to VGA adapter will allow you to plug the adapter into the DVI port on the GPU.  Then plug the VGA cable to the adapter and to the monitor you want.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile