Helpful ReplyHot!Current state of EVGA

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
tigermike74
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/01/15 13:49:27 (permalink)
I came to see if I could purchase a keyboard direct from EVGA and was shocked to see literally everything is listed as "Purchase from our partners" and nothing available direct.  Good luck with that too, as Best Buy doesn't even carry their items and MicroCenter is no better, outside of one PowerSupply they offer.
It's so sad to see the industry giant that surpassed all others to be reduced down to this.  I still proudly hold my 3090 Ultra and it will always be king.

EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Asus ROG Z590-V
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 83839
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/01/16 00:20:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tigermike74 2024/01/22 16:41:34
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VNY88RT

In Europe EVGA has been selling primarily from resellers and retailers for quite some time now. Looks like they are doing the same in the USA, but maybe I'm wrong. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1363
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/04 11:59:34 (permalink)
For the record
I was shopping for a 400-HY-CL28-V1 when I realized I needed a 400-HY-CX28-V1 because I wanted to use it on an LGA1700 socket.
Not much difference in the code and I was lucky enough to realize it
EVGA is producing and selling what is needed for the latest Intel socket.
I was able to buy it easily from one of EVGA's partners..at a price cheaper than listed on the EVGA site.
Do you think, maybe, EVGA is putting it's money where it's mouth is and not competing with it's business partners?
Which is the reason it stopped doing business with NVIDIA...

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11168
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/04 14:40:40 (permalink)
Well Joe they may have a cooler for the newest Intel motherboards. But if you buy their newest Intel motherboards don’t hold your breath waiting for a BIOS update to be able to use the newest Intel CPUs.
They need to put their money into someone who can update their BIOS rather than rebranding coolers.
I like EVGA and have been a customer for many years but at this point I don’t think I can trust buying anything from them at this point.
Would be nice if the owner made a public statement as to what the plan is.
It really saddens me to see what’s going on.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/04 18:37:37 (permalink)
bill1024
Well Joe they may have a cooler for the newest Intel motherboards. But if you buy their newest Intel motherboards don’t hold your breath waiting for a BIOS update to be able to use the newest Intel CPUs.
They need to put their money into someone who can update their BIOS rather than rebranding coolers.
I like EVGA and have been a customer for many years but at this point I don’t think I can trust buying anything from them at this point.
Would be nice if the owner made a public statement as to what the plan is.
It really saddens me to see what’s going on.

I don't disagree..
I am just saying that it appears, they are trying, to stay in the game..
Often corporations have to adjust, to become stable again, in order to move forward expanding their coverage of customers needs..
Is there a mission statement on their wall anywhere?
Kidding about the mission statement...
Bill, in all honesty, I was both pleased and a little surprised to see an EVGA AIO cooler that fit my current needs...with all the things that had been said about EVGA lately.
For the record..
I bought extended warranties for all my EVGA 3080's and I never thought of asking for a refund..just saying that if EVGA can't make a go of it ..
It won't be because I didn't believe in them.
They are a very unique corporation, mostly in a very good way...

post edited by SmookinJoe - 2024/02/04 18:44:39

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/04 19:43:54 (permalink)
Bill
I just read up on the Bios updates issue.. or lack of them...
Don't know enough about it to comment other than...it's a shame that EVGA hasn't been able to address the issue yet...
Personally if they advertised that it would be able to use the 14 gen chip and I bought one based on that info....I would want satisfaction.
Exactly how that would be achieved would be based on my resources.
That would be a decision between EVGA, their partners, myself and my credit card company.
I know my credit card company has been more than fair with helping me with issues in the past.
Very glad I don't have to make a decision like that at the moment.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/05 00:08:21 (permalink)
I don't know what EVGA plans to do in the future. The EVGA power supplies are still very good. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18060
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/05 14:22:41 (permalink)

Seems pretty clear to me that EVGA don't intend to continue as a going concern. My best guess now is that once all the existing warranties out there expire, the doors will close forever.

As far as BIOS updates - not going to happen. Radio silence until next gen comes out, then they'll just say Z690/790 is EOL and no longer supported.

There's very limited staff left at EVGA, and I believe most of them are only there for warranty fulfillment.

Amazing how just one person can completely destroy an entire company, annihilate the huge amount of goodwill that took many years to develop, and end the livelihoods of all their staff, and apparently not give one single crap about any of it. Despicable. I don't know how the guy sleeps at night, but I have a feeling he doesn't have a problem with that either.  

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 11175
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/05 15:26:23 (permalink)
Nereus

There's very limited staff left at EVGA, and I believe most of them are only there for warranty fulfillment.

what are you basing this on?  Have you been there?

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/05 16:20:03 (permalink)
Delirious
Nereus

Have you been away for a while? Since Andrew decided to drop GPUs, there has been a long procession of people leaving or let go. Product Managers like Jacob, all the GPU team are obviously gone, Vince and much of Taiwan are gone, there is no motherboard design anymore, no BIOS group, even many of the support staff have gone - a number of whom even posted on these forums to say goodbye. Who exactly do you think is left there now? EVGA don't even have a online shop to support anymore, everything is sold through 3rd parties, and even those are drying up. Seriously..

post edited by Nereus - 2024/02/05 16:22:22

Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 11175
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/05 16:27:38 (permalink)
so you don't know who's on staff.  Just a speculation of people that have left.   

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/05 16:52:01 (permalink)
Delirious
Nereus
Delirious
Nereus
Seems pretty clear to me that EVGA don't intend to continue as a going concern. My best guess now is that once all the existing warranties out there expire, the doors will close forever.

As far as BIOS updates - not going to happen. Radio silence until next gen comes out, then they'll just say Z690/790 is EOL and no longer supported.

Amazing how just one person can completely destroy an entire company, annihilate the huge amount of goodwill that took many years to develop, and end the livelihoods of all their staff, and apparently not give one single crap about any of it. Despicable. I don't know how the guy sleeps at night, but I have a feeling he doesn't have a problem with that either.  

Have you been away for a while? Since Andrew decided to drop GPUs, there has been a long procession of people leaving or let go. Product Managers like Jacob, all the GPU team are obviously gone, Vince and much of Taiwan are gone, there is no motherboard design anymore, no BIOS group, even many of the support staff have gone - a number of whom even posted on these forums to say goodbye. Who exactly do you think is left there now? EVGA don't even have a online shop to support anymore, everything is sold through 3rd parties, and even those are drying up. Seriously..

Again, I said, "I believe most of them are only there for warranty fulfillment". It's based on facts, which is why I asked if you've been away for a while and missed all the announcements and discussions from people who DO know for a fact, and the various posts from people leaving. It's pretty obvious isn't it - if we know who has departed EVGA (the facts), then what is remaining is what is remaining. If there are no GPU or motherboard groups and the only primary need for staff is for warranty service, then that is what the staff remaining are there for, other than a couple sending out bulk product (PSU's) to 3rd party retailers when they're not handling receiving and sending out warranty products. It is what it is. Duh. How are you not figuring that out for yourself? Heck, even the PSUs may be coming from the manufacturer direct to retailers, although I don't know that one way or the other - that would be speculation.

post edited by Nereus - 2024/02/06 08:49:19

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9316
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/06 06:18:27 (permalink)
Delirious

I estimate EVGA has around 12 people left in each region. No need for lots of employee's, when you exit GPU and MOBO markets and quit selling direct to customers. EVGA main product now is low end power supplies. 

EVGA market share isn't what it use to be (more writing on the wall). EVGA exited motherboard market and stuck it to Z790 ($700-800) motherboard owners with no BIOS update to support Intel 14th Gen CPU's. Other mfg already released a BIOS update.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/06 08:43:59 (permalink)
I have no idea how many people still work there. But it is a business and the owner wanted to downsize, and he did.
Probably good business decisions. GPUs were a lot of work with little profit and dealing with Nvidia and the public were a nightmare.
The queue is not moving, he got two cards and I didn't get even one, forums slammed with spam, shortages and price hikes.
Getting rid of the web store, why not? Less warehouse needs, less employees needed, less payroll tax, insurance, shipping costs. 
Smart to have trucks deliver thousands of products to Bestbuy and Newegg than shipping to thousands of peoples homes. I am surprised that the resellers were even willing to compete against EVGA store while trying to sell their products for a profit.
I would never sell Carrier A/C units if Carrier opened shop selling, installing and servicing their units. How would I ever be able to compete with the manufacturer who has the product at cost and I get it marked up and have to mark it up even more to make a profit. EVGA is in business to make a profit, they are not a not for profit or a charity.
Sure people left for other jobs or got laid off, EVGA did not end their livelihood by laying them off, they did not have their hands and feel cut off so they will never work again and lose their livelihood.  Sure it stinks to have to change jobs or get laid off, but they get unemployment insurance and unemployment is at 3.5%. Anyone who wants a job, jobs are out there.
And yes, I have been laid off a couple times and been through it. I know what it's like. It always worked out for the best, found a better job every time. 
The owner is getting older and wants to downsize his business and sell just PSUs, mice, keyboards and AIO coolers.
OK fine, its his business and non of my business. But, if your products are still being sold then I believe there is an obligation to support the products. IE: the motherboards and BIOS support. I think it is a disgrace not supporting parts being sold that are frankly not cheap. 
As of now support is still prettygood, I had a fan issue and sent them a message and they sent me a fan right away. Thanks!
Do I miss new EVGA GPUs sure, but time to move on to another brand. Oh well such is life. Could be a lot worse, 1st world problems...

post edited by bill1024 - 2024/02/06 08:46:54

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/07 00:30:22 (permalink)
Personally I think the owner would be wise to sell the business to someone else so he can kick back and relax.  

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/07 09:02:20 (permalink)
rjohnson11
Personally I think the owner would be wise to sell the business to someone else so he can kick back and relax.  

He may have the company down to a size where he feels more comfortable. Less payroll, insurance, warehouse space and taxes.
They are still selling PSUs with 10 year warranties. They may stay in business for another twenty years, no one knows but the owner what the plan is. But if it is true retailers are pulling EVGA products, it would be wise to make a statement to assure retailers and customers alike that it is safe to buy EVGA goods and the warranty will be good for its duration.  
It's a business and I believe he made the right business decisions based on wanting a smaller more profitable, easier to manage business. We don't know if he has a plan to let someone else take it over when he is done or passes away. Would be ice to hear a statement from him personally in these forums or a news conference where he himself speaks to the public.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 16534
  • Ribbons : 271
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/07 12:20:13 (permalink)
He said in a media interview that he has no intention of selling the company.  Unless you hear an update from him to the contrary, you should assume that his intentions are unchanged.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/08 01:37:39 (permalink)
ty_ger07
He said in a media interview that he has no intention of selling the company.  Unless you hear an update from him to the contrary, you should assume that his intentions are unchanged.

Personally this makes no sense to me. 

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/10 11:01:15 (permalink)
bill1024
rjohnson11

He may have the company down to a size where he feels more comfortable. Less payroll, insurance, warehouse space and taxes.
They are still selling PSUs with 10 year warranties. They may stay in business for another twenty years, no one knows but the owner what the plan is. But if it is true retailers are pulling EVGA products, it would be wise to make a statement to assure retailers and customers alike that it is safe to buy EVGA goods and the warranty will be good for its duration.  
It's a business and I believe he made the right business decisions based on wanting a smaller more profitable, easier to manage business. We don't know if he has a plan to let someone else take it over when he is done or passes away. Would be ice to hear a statement from him personally in these forums or a news conference where he himself speaks to the public.

I haven't seen any new EVGA power supplies released in the past year with over 3yr warranty.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/10 14:18:55 (permalink)
The ones being sold at Newegg have a ten year warranty 🤔

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/10 15:23:38 (permalink)

MSim
EVERY power supply I saw at the EVGA Site said !0 Year warranty...
Granted I just scrolled down the first 5 or 10 of any size showing
and they ALL said...
10 YEARS!

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/10 15:33:11 (permalink)
Obviuosly things are changing at EVGA...in a good way, I hope.
Just bought a new
EVGA CLCx 280mm All-In-One RGB LCD CPU Liquid Cooler, 2x 140mm PWM ARGB Fans, Intel, AMD, 5 YR Warranty, 400-HY-CX28-V1
It is for the LGA1700 socket. It is a upgrade from their previous AIO cooler.
Things ARE moving forward...

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/10 21:30:02 (permalink)
bill1024

Ones with 10yr warranty are old stock. If you look at ones released in the past year or two, they only come with a 3yr warranty. The older units don't have 12VHPWR connector.

SmookinJoe

MSim
EVERY power supply I saw at the EVGA Site said !0 Year warranty...
Granted I just scrolled down the first 5 or 10 of any size showing
and they ALL said...
10 YEARS!

Like i said, go look at power supplies released in the past year (or past two years if you want), all of them only have a 3 year warranty.  Do you see any 10yr warranty PSU that has 12VHPWR connector?

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/10 21:43:36 (permalink)
SmookinJoe
Just bought a new
EVGA CLCx 280mm All-In-One RGB LCD CPU Liquid Cooler, 2x 140mm PWM ARGB Fans, Intel, AMD, 5 YR Warranty, 400-HY-CX28-V1

Things aren't going in a good direction at EVGA. They exited GPU and MOBO market, they reduced warranty length on newer power supplies with 12VHPWR connectors. We hear Microcenter pulled EVGA power supplies off it's shelves due to questionable future warranty.

Just checked microcenter power supply section online.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/10 22:54:04 (permalink)
MSim
SmookinJoe
Just bought a new

Things aren't going in a good direction at EVGA. They exited GPU and MOBO market, they reduced warranty length on newer power supplies with 12VHPWR connectors. We hear Microcenter pulled EVGA power supplies off it's shelves due to questionable future warranty.

Just checked microcenter power supply section online.

I agree I don't see any innovation or anything to get excited about. But if they owner is happy selling keyboards and mice and wants to drop PSUs and make as much money as he needs. Or stays in business for another 10 years with enough inventory for RMAs or plans to reimburse on a prorated schedule, so be it.
There is no doubt it is a company that is winding down, not robustly growing with new innovation. And that's ok, it's his business. 
That can go on for many years. Businesses come and business go. Woolworth, Sears and Kmart.....

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 8859
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/11 02:54:12 (permalink)
Delirious

I am sure that some of the staff have left since if you are focused on NVIDIA GPU's and the company you work for no longer sells them you probably talk to other companies and try to make a move. I think everyone can understand that and wish those staff the best while on the other hand I would say staff who focus on other product lines could still have a great future with the company.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/11 03:45:50 (permalink)
Properly designed PSUs can drive more income than GPUs. In other words there is more profit per PSU then there was for GPUs. EVGA seems to have evolved into a PSU manufacturer. I have no idea if EVGA will decide to sell other PC accessories in the future.

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/11 10:50:59 (permalink)
MSim
~~snipped as irrelavent~~ 
Do you see any 10yr warranty PSU that has 12VHPWR connector?

Yeah I do!
You need to research your evidence..
There is about 10 pages of 10 or so per page referring to having Pcie gen 5 capability with 12VHPWR...as I said "things are moving forward"
https://www.evga.com/search/?q=12VHPWR
Oh and I could only find very few with less than 5 years warranty...regardless of whether it came with the 12VHPWR
Things are changing...please try to keep up and not drag us down...

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: Current state of EVGA 2024/02/11 11:27:45 (permalink)
bill1024
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Certified-Capacitors-535-5G-1000-K1/dp/B0CDKPPYQ4/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2S3WCM6SI7SMP&keywords=EVGA%2BSuperNOVA%2B1000W%2BGold%2BFTW&qid=1707678832&sprefix=evga%2Bsupernova%2B1000w%2Bgold%2Bftw%2Caps%2C323&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

3 year warranty

Kinda busy..
I see your 3 year and I raise it to 10 on the third one I looked at with a 12VHPWR...
SummaryAI
The EVGA SuperNOVA P3 220-P3-1200-X1 power supply is highly regarded for its performance, quiet operation, and ample power. Users appreciate the wide range of cable options and the quality customer support provided by EVGA. The product also comes with nice packaging, a 10-year warranty, and platinum efficiency. However, some users have reported issues with faulty power cords, poor cable flexibility, and occasional power cuts. There have also been complaints about loud whining noise and poor customer support in some cases. Overall, the product is well-received and recommended by users.

https://www.newegg.com/ev...200w/p/N82E16817438227

PS...
Your memory going too?
I still believe in us...we can do it...
Team EVGA
bill1024

post edited by SmookinJoe - 2024/02/11 11:53:23

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile