Cooler Master Shows New X Series PSUs at Computex 2023

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102278
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2023/06/02 00:05:51 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/309524/cooler-master-shows-new-x-series-psus-at-computex-2023

Cooler Master has showcased a couple of new PSUs at the Computex 2023, including the X Silent series Max and Edge PSUs, which are "near-silent" and fanless models that should be coming soon. In addition, Cooler Master has come up with some high-quality 12VHPWR 90 degree cables that should be better than standard ones.

The X Series Max is described as "near-silent" since it has a low speed RGB fan in order to support higher wattage, but will keep the noise at 20dB. The X Silent Max will be available in models of up to 1300 W and uses a single-piece heat dissipation structure. The X Series Edge is a whole different beast as this is a completely fanless PSU, that features special airflow-improving extended fan cover, vapor chamber technology, and the same single-piece heat dissipation structure. The X Series Edge will go to up to 750 W. Both of these X Series PSUs are ATX 3.0 and PCIe 5.0 compliant, which means they come with 12VHPWR cables, and both support Cooler Master's MasterControl software, allowing users to monitor temperature, current load, and overall performance. Cooler Master also unveiled new 12VHPWR cables, with 90-degree angle that should prevent unnecessary bending, as well as an upgraded connector design with double springs and thicker wire, which should be better than those previous cables and reduce the connector temperatures by 5 degrees.

I'm curious as to the price and warranty. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Cooler Master Shows New X Series PSUs at Computex 2023 2023/06/02 02:53:32 (permalink)
    Guess the Silent Edge is good if you are making a system for home entertainment but even the 20db is nearly pin drop level of noise. It would be less noise than going outside at night in a rural area. A whisper is about 40db so unless absolute silence is needed I think people would be happier with the higher wattage of the Silent Max instead of having to worry if 750w is enough. Then again if you need 1300w of power the PSU is probably going to make far less noise than the GPU inside the system. If you are using 750w or less you might have a fanless GPU or on-board graphics.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile