EVGA

Check my que,.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
void_ptr
  • Total Posts : 100
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Check my que,. 2016/08/08 08:40:30 (permalink)
kmonsen77
I would rather there was no step-up, and I think it would be better for EVGA too. ...

Whining is strong with this one. :D
Skarlen
  • Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Check my que,. 2016/08/08 10:47:57 (permalink)
transdogmifier
kmonsen77
Skarlen
InvidiaSuperbia
Skarlen
Nupraptor
Because it doesn't meet my performance needs. I bought it with the intention of only having it for a very short period of time. I'm missing out on having the kind of gameplay experience that I desire. It's different because that's two months of having the kind of performance I'm looking for vs. not having it. Any further questions that do not pertain to what my post was about?

I'm not complaining about not having a 1070, I'm complaining about the lack of communication on EVGA's part by removing the ability to view one's place in the queue. 

I could get the e-mail tomorrow or I could get it 2 months from now. I have no way of knowing. Once approved, I have 7 days to pay the upgrade difference but, depending on when I get notified, I might not have the funds within that period. Whereas if I knew I was getting close, I could set aside the money for it. Basically, it's not a consumer friendly move on their part. 

So next time buy your GPU from ASUS, or Gigabyte, or Zotac, and take advantage of their incredibly generous step up processes.

Wait a minute...........

Even offering a step up is more consumer friendly than any other vendor, who would basically just say lol tough luck enjoy taking a bath ebaying your out-of-date hardware. Complaining about the time it takes is like complaining about a complimentary meal. You're already getting a better deal than you'd get elsewhere.

When you bought your 970 nobody told you "and you can step up right away!", you made the assumption it would be a quick process without any evidence to suggest that would be the case. If having the "gameplay experience" you want was so important then you should have waited. You can dress it up however you like but the fact is it sounds more like "waaaaahhhh I want the new thing right away ;_;" than anything else. You can have just as much fun with your 1070 in September as you could have had with it in June. Nobody is going to break into your house and permanently uninstall all your games. Nothing is stopping you putting the money aside now so it's ready, and if you're in such dire financial straits that you need advance notice to scrape the cash together then maybe luxury high end computer components shouldnt be on your shopping list.

This is truly a poor cop-out.

Just because other companies don't offer the program doesn't mean it was a good move for EVGA to make their program LESS consumer friendly. The queue number used to be posted, they removed that and really had no substantial reasoning behind it.

Sure, EVGA is wonderful for offering the Step-Up program, but again it doesn't excuse making it go from a completely consumer friendly program to one that has flaws and becomes more of a hassle for consumers for no legitimate reason.

So would you rather they do it the way they do now, or just not offer step up at all?

If queue numbers were visible all of these,"whhaaaa where am I in the queue this isn't faaaiiirrrrr" posts would just be replaced with "waaaaahhhh the queue is moving too slowly this isn't faaaiiirrrrr" posts. 

EVGA basically can't win with some people and it boils entirely down to impatience and a total lack of understanding in how the step up program works.

I've been waiting for 2 months for my 1080 and when the queue was visible I was up over 1500. I've got no idea where I am now but I expect it'll be another few months at the least and that's ok. EVGA never made any timeline promises so I have nothing to hold them to account over. I'm fine with my 970 for now, the 10 series existing hasnt made my 970 perform any worse.

I would rather there was no step-up, and I think it would be better for EVGA too. I have waited close to 2 months now, and I'm pretty sure I will not go EVGA again even if I do get a step up at some point in the future.

It is just a lot smarter to follow the news and hold of any purchase when there are new cards around the corner.

EVGA has not done anything wrong, but I regret the purchase and it is a bad customer experience. Just my 2c.

Then ignore the step up option. They don't force you to do it.

You CHOOSE to do it.

Exactly!

Instead of the 980Ti I was looking at, the step up program meant I bought a 970 the week of the announcement, with the idea being to wait and see how the pricing worked out on the 1080 and 1070 so I could decide which one would give me the best bang for my buck at 1080p whilst still letting me build my new rig when I needed to build it. It also let me put ~£300 aside that I might not have had to spend, depending on how the new cards turned out!

Because of waiting for the 1070 prices I didn't get into the queue until they were announced, and I decided to go with the 1080 since the prices were so close together. 

Should I post "waaahhhhh, I could have had 2 months of higher framerates if I'd bought the 980Ti ;_;" ?
Should I post "waahhhh, they should have said the 1070's would be priced this close to the 1080's so I didn't waste my time waiting ;_;" ?

I'm already getting a 1080 SC for the price of the standard ACX, and you can shout all you want about stock cards boosting just as high but now I don't have to try my luck in the silicon lottery for this to be true. EVGA are taking all the luck requirement out of it for me and giving me a card that will just perform. 

Step up also means I don't have to spend time chasing down stock for the exact card I want, unlike my friends who have all just snapped up whichever 10 series card they could get their hands on first because the stock situation is so volatile. I'll be enjoying the best customer service in the industry, they'l be crossing their fingers they don't have to RMA their cards to vendors who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them. 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile