EVGA

980 Ti HYBRID Questions

Author
DemonsEdge
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/06/12 22:45:51 (permalink)
i had the radiator mounted on the side panel and i had the side panel opened when i was doing some cable management long story short the sidepanel fell in ,could there be any permanent damage done to the radiator ?

my gpu still works and the radiator too without any weird noises ,the tubes are a bit cramped,is that an issue?

Second after moving the rad a bit to position it better in my new case I heard a strong noise from the PC that disappeared after a couple of seconds ,rebooted the PC and it didn't happen again

Third the big black fittings move very slightly pic below
post edited by DemonsEdge - 2017/06/12 22:52:42

4 Replies Related Threads

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: 980 Ti HYBRID Questions 2017/06/13 01:43:45 (permalink)
    Im sure your fine or you would have seen some issues right off the boot. As long as your temps still look good id say game on. The noise you heard may have just been the pump priming maybe since you changed it and moved it to a new case or maybe a wire was close to a fan blade and ejected when the fan turned, but def check your wire runs and make sure that didn't/isnt happening. The fittings are supposed to move slightly so that's nothing to worry about. Your too new to post picts so you would have to have a mod help you with that or upload to a service and put spaces in the link so it shows up here. You need 50 non spam posts to post picts.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    DemonsEdge
    Re: 980 Ti HYBRID Questions 2017/06/13 02:16:10 (permalink)
    wmmills
    Im sure your fine or you would have seen some issues right off the boot. As long as your temps still look good id say game on. The noise you heard may have just been the pump priming maybe since you changed it and moved it to a new case or maybe a wire was close to a fan blade and ejected when the fan turned, but def check your wire runs and make sure that didn't/isnt happening. The fittings are supposed to move slightly so that's nothing to worry about. Your too new to post picts so you would have to have a mod help you with that or upload to a service and put spaces in the link so it shows up here. You need 50 non spam posts to post picts.

Thank you so much, ever since i got this card I'm super paranoid
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: 980 Ti HYBRID Questions 2017/06/13 07:00:37 (permalink)
    DemonsEdge
    wmmills

Thank you so much, ever since i got this card I'm super paranoid

No problem, anyone could have answered those for ya.   Nothing wrong with being vigilant with your new hardware, sometimes you can head off a problem that way. You know what they say about paranoia, "Just because your paranoid it doesn't mean someones not following you!" 

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    DemonsEdge
    Re: 980 Ti HYBRID Questions 2017/06/23 04:00:02 (permalink)
    A small issue,while i took the front panel down on my pc (pc was running) ,it shook the pc a bit  since it takes quite a bit of force to get out,afterwards i heard air bubbles and such ,could there any damage be done to the pump/rad? 
    the noise went a away after a couple of minutes,but i hope i didn't do any perma damage to my 980 ti hybrid :(
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile