EVGA

30 dollar mail in rebate, which one is the "original UPC/Serial Number Barcode Label" ?

Author
romanbaytalsky
  • Total Posts : 56
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2011/05/05 22:50:49 (permalink)
I got a evga GTX 560 SC ti during the rebate timing last month.

I need to send in:

1 signed rebate form
1 Copy of receipt from newegg
1 Original UPC/Serial Number barcode Label <-----is this the one on the box? or is it the one on the video card itself? Because I use the one on the video card to glue down a few temperature sensors with some regular office tape. :)

Can I send in the barcode UPC serial label from the box itself? Will this be satisfactory?

4 Replies Related Threads

atsbill123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re:30 dollar mail in rebate, which one is the "original UPC/Serial Number Barcode Label" ? 2011/05/05 23:25:04 (permalink)
    Whatever you do, do not remove the serial number from the graphics card, you will void your warranty.  It is the one on the box.
    romanbaytalsky
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re:30 dollar mail in rebate, which one is the "original UPC/Serial Number Barcode Label" ? 2011/05/05 23:41:21 (permalink)
    Phew thanks for telling me, I appreciate it :)

I thought it was the one on the video card itself because of how loosely its attached to the card. Half of it peeled off on its own, I stuck it back down, but I expect it will be peeling off the card again soon on its own. 

Thanks a ton :)
    JeffreyHam
    R.I.P. Friend
    • Total Posts : 7737
    • Ribbons : 126
    Re:30 dollar mail in rebate, which one is the "original UPC/Serial Number Barcode Label" ? 2011/05/06 00:04:51 (permalink)
    You need to cut the one off the box. Do not forget to register the card and upload a copy of your invoice ASAP......you can click on my Affiliate Member Banner in my sig. to take you to the registration page if you wish.

Whatever you do, make sure that the sticker on the card stays COMPLETELY intact. If it happens to fall off keep it safely inside a plastic bag or something else. If it is so loose that you think it is going to fall off soon...go ahead and carefully remove it. You don't want it to come off and get sucked up and damaged by a fan. If you ever need to RMA the card.....you must have that sticker in good condition.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR INVOICE 

= My Current Linked and Synced Settings

All detailed system components are listed on my Mods Rigs page
    atsbill123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re:30 dollar mail in rebate, which one is the "original UPC/Serial Number Barcode Label" ? 2011/05/06 00:19:09 (permalink)
    mine was really loose on my first card and they had me take a pic of it and also keep the serial sticker in a seperate place.  I would cont them and get a not on your file about the loose serial sticker.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile