2020's PC Gaming Show has been delayed until June 13th

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102427
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2020/06/07 01:46:06 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/2020_s_pc_gaming_show_has_been_delayed_until_june_13th/1

PC Gamer has announced that 2020's PC Gaming Show has been delayed until June 13th, one week after the event's original air date, following the footsteps of EA, Sony, CD Projekt Red, and IGN, who have all delayed their E3 2020 replacement events. When discussing the change, PC Gamers has delivered a similar answer to their peers, citing the Black Lives Matter and anti Police brutality protests which are currently taking place across the USA.   

The USA's ongoing Black Live Matter and anti Police brutality protests that are taking place across the United States. These protests were sparked after the death of George Floyd, who was needlessly killed by a police officer in Minneapolis. This event was recorded by passers-by, who were concerned about what they had witnessed. This event was one of many, and now the voices of American minorities are demanding to be heard. 

Sony has already delayed its "The Future of Gaming" PlayStation 5 reveal event due to the protests, and CD Projekt Red has made a similar move by shifting its "Night City Wire" live stream from June 11th to June 25th. This event was due to showcase new Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay. IGN has also delayed its "Summer of Gaming" event to June 8th, though it is possible that some of these events may be delayed again, as protests are still ongoing. 

This year's PC Gaming Show will feature gaming showcases from over 30 different presenters, which range from interdependent creators to hardware manufacturers and AAA developers. PC Gamers can expect never-before-seen gameplay footage, new announcements and news from some of PC Gaming's most interesting developers. 

I think the delay is a wise move for now. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10107
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: 2020's PC Gaming Show has been delayed until June 13th 2020/06/07 02:41:01 (permalink)
    I would have to agree that the delay is wise but almost feel longer would have been better. News is focused on the protests right now and I wonder how many sites would really focus on the event. By giving time for the protests to make changes would give us back time for news to focus on other stories for sites that don't focus only on gaming.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile