watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI

Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Author
warrior10
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1039
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/01 21:02:52 (permalink)
XrayMan

Warrior10 is right. The PS4's have a couple little minor issues that the narrators talk about when I watched some PS4 gameplay. Minor stuttering once in awhile. Lost connection to the server too. It's the PC that has the bigger problems. The PC version needs a patch badly.

Yeah I won't say that this problem is just because of the amount of VRAM you have, though the more the better. I should also be clearer that Watchdogs does definitely need some good Patch for stability to.

My new 
https://www.gigabyte.com/...70-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf
HAF-X Coolermaster: 4 Fans
New Rig:Ryzen 1700 CPU-H100i Liquid arctic Cooled.
16gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Black WD Black caviar 2-1TB's and 1 500gig
WD Blue 1 TB  1 Sand disk SSD 240 for OS
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Dell 1444p G-Sync Monitor @144htz to 160htz
evh19781984
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 268
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/01 21:25:25 (permalink)
warrior10

Hey Bud, it's running okay because as I saw linked to his GPU info, he has a 4gig 770, and Gof it looks so awesome :)

The 770 Classifieds have 4gigs on each GPU

Here is a GTX 780 with textures set to ultra? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0dFy30djY
he has 3G's vram?
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/01 22:02:07 (permalink)
evh19781984
warrior10

Hey Bud, it's running okay because as I saw linked to his GPU info, he has a 4gig 770, and Gof it looks so awesome :)

Here is a GTX 780 with textures set to ultra? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0dFy30djY
he has 3G's vram?

Some things that did help him was that he is using a 1080p monitor and isn't using MSAA at max or a few other thing at max either. I was watching his frame rate, and noticed the in the movie type scenes his frame rates went up to 104fps.
Then when the game went back to regular player mode the fps went to 30 some fps to 40 some fps, which in a lot of ways doesn't make much sense, because Aiden was also moving around in the Cinema scenes as well as player mode.

Hope the Patch can make things better, but.......

He did alright though, for what he was playing at that time. i wonder how the rest of the game was??
post edited by warrior10 - 2014/06/01 22:07:08

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
evh19781984
iCX Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/01 22:20:20 (permalink)
warrior10

i wonder how the rest of the game was??

Hmmm? thats a good question.  seems he has not posted any follow up playthroughs since?
maybe he ran into too many issues too?
Bottom line regardless of GPU/CPU  the game is a total mess until they do something about it
Ntrain96
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1013
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/02 12:31:12 (permalink)
warrior10
gungnir2014
certifieddan
Getting a lot of problems too with my 780ti Superclock. Getting graphics drivers crashing, fps going as low as 5 in some areas with 2x TXAA, MBHAO everything else at max settings & vsync turned off. 
Also getting alot of problems with certain textures "showing through stuff". I'm trying to like this game but am finding it very difficult.

don't bother playing on ultra with AA, you need more vram for that.

I am sure that NVIDIA is working overtime right now to bring out the new 800 series cards sooner so people can line up to upgrade.

Ntrain96
warrior10
I wouldn't expect Nvidia to start their 800 line of GPUs yet. They just released the 740 and Titan Z, and I see that ppl are buying the Titan Z. Like any Company they want to milk their products for everything it's worth.
And as for ppl that say this isn't Next Gen gaming, i'd say that depends on what ur point of view on different things. I would say that when i have looked up on the parts that are under the hood on a PS4 for instance, it can easily be better than even some of the best Computers. I say SOME, NOT ALL, but a lot. People usually don't have the money to throw around for an AMD specially accelerated 8 Core CPU.

I was wrong about the AMD/ATI GPU being 8gigs, and am very sorry. But it's 4gigs that does circles around any other GPUs for gamers right now, when the PS4 GPU can do Teraflops (spelling) which is very very fast.

PS4s RAM is only 8gigs, but is hell fast at 5500mgthz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications, and for better English ppl can check out amazon.com on other PS4 stats.

Some ppl think this isn't the Next-gen gaming, but i very much disagree. The PS4 is not a PC, but the next-gen consoles can be on par with a lot of PCs now, and Yes i know we can have 32gigs in our PCs at 2400mghtz, but whether ppl believe it or not the next wave of GPUs will be very interesting to watch and see.

It's way past my Bedtime here @5:00 am, and have fogotten all the stuff I was gonna type up here that would make more sense, but i can't do that right now lol. :p

Um no. PS4 is a console that is already dated IMO. It already struggles to run games at a consistent 60fps at 1080p. In fact when there are games that are 720-900p due to not having the hardware to run at 1080p it throws up a big red flag. Its basically a glorified AMD 7850 graphics card. Not exactly "next generation" horsepower in my book.

Ntrain, a lot of things that you bring to the table are just not right at all. A lot of things are just bad opinions without merit to. The PS4 is Not at all outdated, and is still doing very strong and well in sells. What you said about the ATI/AMD GPU just being a 7850 means that they just took the design and made it a much better Monster of a GPU, at that you obviously have not read about. Also the PS4 is not struggling with 1080ps at all. If you would read about stuff before commenting you would know that 1440 runs okay and that the Blu-ray drive should handle stuff up to 4k without a problem. Whether we find that the PS4 can run 4k games later on is not known, even though some ppl think the PS4 can't at least for right now.

And if you would listen to other ppl that have PS4s, then you might see that it runs good on their systems. Some PS4s that are /bugged or a bad copy of watchdogs would be the reason why a PS4 wouldn't be able to play Watchdogs. Ntrain, you seem to really deny the truth, even when it's right in front of you. So much so, that I just can't take your posts with real credability because you seem to deny, or just argue with ppl even when they are right.

Your calling what amounts to a AMD HD 7850 a "monster of a GPU"?!?!?!?! Your kidding right? As of now I would call that a mid tier gpu card at best being somewhere between at GTX 650 ti and 660 ti in terms of absolute performance. That's not exactly mind blowing 1080p performance potential. And your thinking its suited to 1440p or 4k?!?!?!?! There is no definitive answer on if the PS4 will even play 4k movies natively last I knew......it has a BDXL drive and HDMI 1.4 which has support for 2160p/24(but NOT 48p)with H.264 codec(no H.265) but that's where it stands in terms of video playback potential..........already a TON OF DRAWBACKS even for movie playback. And for games? LOL! I'll state again the hardware is already dated for solid 1080p/60 playback...........developers are already making a lot of tradeoffs in GQ to stay at that target.

As for watch dogs............before wasting anymore time on that game, Ill wait for the upcoming patches that will be coming out.

Ntrain96
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/02 12:36:08 (permalink)
evh19781984
warrior10

he has 3G's vram?

The stuttering was noticeable in that video still. And that kid has no clue how to maximize the settings as the game is currently constructed...........
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/02 18:26:24 (permalink)
Ntrain96
warrior10
gungnir2014
certifieddan
Getting a lot of problems too with my 780ti Superclock. Getting graphics drivers crashing, fps going as low as 5 in some areas with 2x TXAA, MBHAO everything else at max settings & vsync turned off. 
Also getting alot of problems with certain textures "showing through stuff". I'm trying to like this game but am finding it very difficult.

I am sure that NVIDIA is working overtime right now to bring out the new 800 series cards sooner so people can line up to upgrade.

Ntrain96
warrior10
I wouldn't expect Nvidia to start their 800 line of GPUs yet. They just released the 740 and Titan Z, and I see that ppl are buying the Titan Z. Like any Company they want to milk their products for everything it's worth.
And as for ppl that say this isn't Next Gen gaming, i'd say that depends on what ur point of view on different things. I would say that when i have looked up on the parts that are under the hood on a PS4 for instance, it can easily be better than even some of the best Computers. I say SOME, NOT ALL, but a lot. People usually don't have the money to throw around for an AMD specially accelerated 8 Core CPU.

I was wrong about the AMD/ATI GPU being 8gigs, and am very sorry. But it's 4gigs that does circles around any other GPUs for gamers right now, when the PS4 GPU can do Teraflops (spelling) which is very very fast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications, and for better English ppl can check out amazon.com on other PS4 stats.

Some ppl think this isn't the Next-gen gaming, but i very much disagree. The PS4 is not a PC, but the next-gen consoles can be on par with a lot of PCs now, and Yes i know we can have 32gigs in our PCs at 2400mghtz, but whether ppl believe it or not the next wave of GPUs will be very interesting to watch and see.

It's way past my Bedtime here @5:00 am, and have fogotten all the stuff I was gonna type up here that would make more sense, but i can't do that right now lol. :p

Um no. PS4 is a console that is already dated IMO. It already struggles to run games at a consistent 60fps at 1080p. In fact when there are games that are 720-900p due to not having the hardware to run at 1080p it throws up a big red flag. Its basically a glorified AMD 7850 graphics card. Not exactly "next generation" horsepower in my book.

Ntrain, a lot of things that you bring to the table are just not right at all. A lot of things are just bad opinions without merit to. The PS4 is Not at all outdated, and is still doing very strong and well in sells. What you said about the ATI/AMD GPU just being a 7850 means that they just took the design and made it a much better Monster of a GPU, at that you obviously have not read about. Also the PS4 is not struggling with 1080ps at all. If you would read about stuff before commenting you would know that 1440 runs okay and that the Blu-ray drive should handle stuff up to 4k without a problem. Whether we find that the PS4 can run 4k games later on is not known, even though some ppl think the PS4 can't at least for right now.

And if you would listen to other ppl that have PS4s, then you might see that it runs good on their systems. Some PS4s that are /bugged or a bad copy of watchdogs would be the reason why a PS4 wouldn't be able to play Watchdogs. Ntrain, you seem to really deny the truth, even when it's right in front of you. So much so, that I just can't take your posts with real credability because you seem to deny, or just argue with ppl even when they are right.

Your calling what amounts to a AMD HD 7850 a "monster of a GPU"?!?!?!?! Your kidding right? As of now I would call that a mid tier gpu card at best being somewhere between at GTX 650 ti and 660 ti in terms of absolute performance. That's not exactly mind blowing 1080p performance potential. And your thinking its suited to 1440p or 4k?!?!?!?! There is no definitive answer on if the PS4 will even play 4k movies natively last I knew......it has a BDXL drive and HDMI 1.4 which has support for 2160p/24(but NOT 48p)with H.264 codec(no H.265) but that's where it stands in terms of video playback potential..........already a TON OF DRAWBACKS even for movie playback. And for games? LOL! I'll state again the hardware is already dated for solid 1080p/60 playback...........developers are already making a lot of tradeoffs in GQ to stay at that target.

As for watch dogs............before wasting anymore time on that game, Ill wait for the upcoming patches that will be coming out.

Is that why the PS4 can play games like Watchdogs smoothly and most ppl on PCs can't??

I can't waste my time arguing with a person that knows nothing about Next-gen consoles specs, or doesn't bother to learn the their GPUs are more powerful to. All ur doing is arguing all the proof that I and other ppl put up to back up my claims and theirs as well. I can't/won't argue with some1 that is in bad denial and just argues for arguements sake because MY IQ falls about 50 points. Your not worth the time of day arguing with.

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
xH4wK
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/02 23:05:20 (permalink)
warrior10
Ntrain96
warrior10
gungnir2014
certifieddan

Ntrain96
warrior10

Is that why the PS4 can play games like Watchdogs smoothly and most ppl on PCs can't??

I can't waste my time arguing with a person that knows nothing about Next-gen consoles specs, or doesn't bother to learn the their GPUs are more powerful to. All ur doing is arguing all the proof that I and other ppl put up to back up my claims and theirs as well. I can't/won't argue with some1 that is in bad denial and just argues for arguements sake because MY IQ falls about 50 points. Your not worth the time of day arguing with.

You are not going to argue because you have nothing to argue with.
Consoles run this game "smoothly" because
1. game runs at 900p most
2. game runs at High textures/details only
3. graphic card has shared memory, different archiecture than on PC..

these three points are enough for this game to run smooth, because it was programmed specifically for consoles in the first place.. then ported to PC and not optimized well.

Stop lying to yourself, if you want to be consoles fanboy then you should go to another forums.

Consoles are cheap gaming platform for non technically skilled people and as there is most of people on the world non technically skilled and simple and they buy consoles it makes console market great opportunity for game developers and therefore they focus this market.
There is nothing at all that is superior to todays high end pc.  period
post edited by xH4wK - 2014/06/02 23:10:17

Steam: xH4wK Twitter: @xH4wK
    (Rig info is on my Steam page.)
Ntrain96
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/02 23:58:36 (permalink)
warrior10
Ntrain96
warrior10
gungnir2014
certifieddan

Ntrain96
warrior10

I don't know anything about "next gen" console specs? Lets see....PS4, AMD based 8 "jaguar" core cpu running at about 1.6ghz(not exactly a mind blowing cpu performance wise, but what do you expect for a $400 console?)........basically 2 low powered cpu's stacked together onto a single die. It supports x86/64 which is good, but considering how weak each core is, multithread optimization will be and is necessary. In reality its probably not even as powerful as some of the older Athlon cpu's.........the Jaguar CPU was designed for use in TABLETS originally, lol. Moving on to the GPU..........pretty basic......800mhz speed, 176gb/s memory bandwidth, a whooping 1152 shaders and 1.84 TFLOPS of shader throughput...........not exactly screaming 1080p monster gaming gpu if you ask me. 8gb of GDDR5......... about 4gigs of which are for reserved for direct GPU vram, the rest for the OS system........and somewhere in the middle a gb can be optioned between the two.

That's it in a nutshell. As stated in reality this console is basically a lower mid tier AMD HD 7850 GPU coupled to a pair of tablet cpu's with an 8gig stick of vram/ram which I split between the OS and game.

Im really not too worried about the developers being able to patch this game properly for the PC crowd as long as they lay off the bong hits and keg stands during off hours.................

As far as your IQ falling off 50 points...........not sure that is possible............your IQ sure isn't high enough to use the spell check feature, and your grammar skills overall make me question if you need tutoring from my son who is just finishing up 2nd grade.
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 02:30:16 (permalink)
xH4wK
warrior10
Ntrain96
warrior10
gungnir2014
certifieddan

Ntrain96
warrior10

these three points are enough for this game to run smooth, because it was programmed specifically for consoles in the first place.. then ported to PC and not optimized well.

Stop lying to yourself, if you want to be consoles fanboy then you should go to another forums.

Consoles are cheap gaming platform for non technically skilled people and as there is most of people on the world non technically skilled and simple and they buy consoles it makes console market great opportunity for game developers and therefore they focus this market.

@xH4Hawk You shouldn't talk about me lying to myself, when you were also arguing with Ntrain about GPUs with more gigs DOES HELP the playability of Watchdogs as workers of EVGA have said and ppl of Nvidia.

Yes I know very well that console versions of games are done differently than PC games. I think the PS4 uses Both it's CPU and GPU for Graphix Processing to. Fact still remains that the PS4 GPUs have an added memory advantage.

4Hawks, whatever the name, i'M NOT a console fan, i'm a PC Man pointing out that whether ppl like it or NOT, This the  a Next Gen of gamming whether ppl admit it or not. Ntrain and maybe you might be denial about how Watchdogs seems to play better with 6gigs instead of 3 is up to you guys.

Also, I think an 8 Core any kind of chip would be better than our quad cores. Also where is it said that the games runs only on 900p when they're supposed to be at 1080p??

Ntrain, You pretty much just copied and pasted what I had posted about the technical Hardware of a PS4.

Again, I'm a PC fan, or I wouldn't be here, and have been here longer than both of you

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 03:23:20 (permalink)
I need to say this, and sorry for the grammar, as English isn't my best language, and I have arthritis so i can't type to many characters. I wanted to say i'm sick and tired of the arguing back and forth over this Watchdogs game. I know I made a mistake using the PS4 to compare it too much to the PC version. But I did it for comparison. What ppl might think now, and some do. Is that some think i'm a console fan, and that is Not true. I'm a PC Nvidia fan, even though I have complained about what Nvidia did with the stupid Titan Z thing.

I know this is another New generation of gamming, as the Consoles have always wanted to hit the PC market hard by outdoing the PC market. I think ppl will be amazed at what games will be able to do on consoles, unless the game Devs really mess up, which does happen to to Console games. I may not make sense to some ppl, but to ppl that really know what stuff is out there being behind the scenes on games and consoles, plus stuff on PCs sometimes, than it does make more sense.

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Ntrain96
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 06:00:11 (permalink)
warrior10
xH4wK
warrior10
Ntrain96
warrior10
gungnir2014
certifieddan

Ntrain96
warrior10

@xH4Hawk You shouldn't talk about me lying to myself, when you were also arguing with Ntrain about GPUs with more gigs DOES HELP the playability of Watchdogs as workers of EVGA have said and ppl of Nvidia.

Yes I know very well that console versions of games are done differently than PC games. I think the PS4 uses Both it's CPU and GPU for Graphix Processing to. Fact still remains that the PS4 GPUs have an added memory advantage.

4Hawks, whatever the name, i'M NOT a console fan, i'm a PC Man pointing out that whether ppl like it or NOT, This the  a Next Gen of gamming whether ppl admit it or not. Ntrain and maybe you might be denial about how Watchdogs seems to play better with 6gigs instead of 3 is up to you guys.

Also, I think an 8 Core any kind of chip would be better than our quad cores. Also where is it said that the games runs only on 900p when they're supposed to be at 1080p??

Ntrain, You pretty much just copied and pasted what I had posted about the technical Hardware of a PS4.

Again, I'm a PC fan, or I wouldn't be here, and have been here longer than both of you

I copied and pasted? LOL! Trust me I know the innards of a PS4 well, and have experienced what its capable of doing. Its not a mind blowing system, especially for $400. Your hardware knowledge is obviously very limited in scope. An 8 core CPU does not mean its stronger or better than anything. Those 8 cores are very, very weak and run at a low frequency. The compute performance is very limited. There are a lot of dual core processors that will crush it performancewise like AMD's own Athlon x2 that's nearly 8 years old. And compared to the last few years of Intel's i3/5/7 series CPU's? Not even close. But you shouldn't expect it to be either.......its an inexpensive $400 console.

And using Watch dogs PS4 console version of the game for comparison against the poorly ported PC version? Really? You think that game is running "Ultra" detail across the board with tons of AA at 1080p like what you would find on the PC? Get real son. It does run at a lower resolution natively, and its texture resolution is somewhere between medium and high........but the real difference is in the lighting and effects. But the way you speak here, you act as if the PS4 is basically 1080p/60 Ultra specs.............its not even close.
evh19781984
iCX Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 06:46:55 (permalink)
post edited by evh19781984 - 2014/06/03 06:50:25
jisbell12
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 07:34:43 (permalink)
and... everyone loves the constant mountain of text quoting up to 8 posts deep...  I wish people on forums would learn to only quote that part of the text which actually needs quoting.

How did this get so far off topic from how Watch Dogs plays on 780Ti SLI to how it plays on PS4?  Some posts I felt like I was reading an advertisement for the PS4 with every one of its specs highlighted for good measure! lmfao!
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49180
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 07:37:40 (permalink)
jisbell12
and... everyone loves the constant mountain of text quoting up to 8 posts deep...  I wish people on forums would learn to only quote that part of the text which actually needs quoting.

+1
Chester1981
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 08:24:59 (permalink)
Sajin
jisbell12and... everyone loves the constant mountain of text quoting up to 8 posts deep...  I wish people on forums would learn to only quote that part of the text which actually needs quoting.

+1

+1
Chuck H.
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 08:48:23 (permalink)
jisbell12
How did this get so far off topic from how Watch Dogs plays on 780Ti SLI to how it plays on PS4?  

+1 very good point..

MSI MEG X570 Unify | 3900X | Sabrent Rocket 2TB | Corsair 1500i | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | Custom H2O 

Ntrain96
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 08:50:03 (permalink)
jisbell12

How did this get so far off topic from how Watch Dogs plays on 780Ti SLI to how it plays on PS4?  Some posts I felt like I was reading an advertisement for the PS4 with every one of its specs highlighted for good measure! lmfao!

Im personally hoping it gets to 12.
Miguell
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1112
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 09:03:34 (permalink)
this thread is out of control 

bottom line is:
if this game does not improve it's performance on pc's i'm not gonna waste time with it as i did not waste time with GTA 5 after the fiasco GTA 4 was.

no sense in wasting money on a software that it's not optimized to run on OUR expensive MACHINES.

i am very disappointed tho. i was looking forward to try this game.

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830
Display: 32" AOC Q3279VWFD8 @2560x1440@75Hz
Cpu: Intel Core i7-8700
Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L - RGB
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
Vga: Asus Dual RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Advanced Edition
Ram: 32GB DDR4  G.SKILL - RIPJAWS V @3200Mhz
Sound: Hama uRage soundZbar 2.1 Unleashed  - (Optical)
Storage: 500GB SSD M.2 A2000  NVMe  Kingston (OS) + 8TB (4+4) HDD X300 Toshiba (Data)
Psu: SeaSonic M12 700W
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 09:58:53 (permalink)
Okay...so finally spent around 15 - 20 minutes last optimizing settings to find the "sweet spot" with the game. Found pretty good settings for both looks and smooth gameplay, although the "hitching / stuttering" does appear every now n then but certainly not to the point that it degrades the game in anyway (imho).

Playing 2560 x 1440p

- All Ultra (change shadows and reflections to high from Ultra)
- Textures: High
- Moton Blur: Off (I've always hated this feature)
- AA: MSAAx2 (or 4) ...using TXAA seems to increase stuttering for sure...
VSynch: Off
Frame Buffering: left at 3 (anyone play with this setting?)

Thats about it....certainly dont see the justification for all the complaints in this Thread...wow!!! Would 6GB VRAM allow me to move from MSAAx2-4 to TXAAx2-4? No idea...dont care as I know the visuals wouldnt be noticeable for me and this late in the Keplar game I wouldnt trade my 780Ti's for another Keplar Card...

Really guys, tweak your settings a bit, I'm sure once a Patch or 2 comes out and perhaps the next Driver, the stuttering will be reduced, saw the same thing and same arguments (VRAM requirements) when Tomb Raider was released.

As for PS4...enough already...I dont think it even runs this game at true 1080 does it?...seems to me its less...while many of us are going for 1440p..1600p or Surround!

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

Ntrain96
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 10:10:48 (permalink)
Miguell
this thread is out of control 

bottom line is:
if this game does not improve it's performance on pc's i'm not gonna waste time with it as i did not waste time with GTA 5 after the fiasco GTA 4 was.

no sense in wasting money on a software that it's not optimized to run on OUR expensive MACHINES.

i am very disappointed tho. i was looking forward to try this game.

Dang it, can you do a 9 line quote at least?  In all fairness, Id just wait for the patch to come out. I only paid $20 for the game code on Ebay, so no skin off my back........the only one who plays this game is my son. And he is fine as it is with everything maxed and med. textures to start.
Ntrain96
FTW Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 10:13:50 (permalink)
rjbarker
Okay...so finally spent around 15 - 20 minutes last optimizing settings to find the "sweet spot" with the game. Found pretty good settings for both looks and smooth gameplay, although the "hitching / stuttering" does appear every now n then but certainly not to the point that it degrades the game in anyway (imho).

Playing 2560 x 1440p

- All Ultra (change shadows and reflections to high from Ultra)
- Textures: High
- Moton Blur: Off (I've always hated this feature)
- AA: MSAAx2 (or 4) ...using TXAA seems to increase stuttering for sure...
VSynch: Off
Frame Buffering: left at 3 (anyone play with this setting?)

Thats about it....certainly dont see the justification for all the complaints in this Thread...wow!!! Would 6GB VRAM allow me to move from MSAAx2-4 to TXAAx2-4? No idea...dont care as I know the visuals wouldnt be noticeable for me and this late in the Keplar game I wouldnt trade my 780Ti's for another Keplar Card...

Really guys, tweak your settings a bit, I'm sure once a Patch or 2 comes out and perhaps the next Driver, the stuttering will be reduced, saw the same thing and same arguments (VRAM requirements) when Tomb Raider was released.

As for PS4...enough already...I dont think it even runs this game at true 1080 does it?...seems to me its less...while many of us are going for 1440p..1600p or Surround!

Here, I consider myself the utmost expert on settings with this game currently........at 1440p, put textures down to medium, max out all the other settings, vsync off, gpu rendering to 1 and AA on a 1440p should be temporal SMAA at MOST, regular SMAA is even a bit better........you just don't need as much AA with a 1440p screen so keep it at Temporal SMAA or lower.
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 10:28:47 (permalink)

* Not directed at anyone in particular.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 11:26:39 (permalink)
Temporal SMAA causes crazy Shader flickering all over the place.....the only AA setting that does this.....the Settings I've outlined are "optimal" for my particular Rig thanks ;)

Here, I consider myself the utmost expert on settings with this game currently.

^^^ really...got a chuckle out of that sorry ;)
post edited by rjbarker - 2014/06/03 11:29:03

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

jisbell12
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 11:38:52 (permalink)
Why don't you just disable ambient occlusion.  In all game I have played that have this setting, it severely impacts performance.  There is no way if cops are on my tail, I and going to stop and look at the lighting details and say, wow this game looks great!  Meanwhile cops catch up to me and kick my ass.

I play on 1152p monitor with all settings at max, use SMAA and disable Ambient Occlusion.  Performance so far seems smooth enough.  I'll do a fps test to see what I'm actually getting later tonight and play around more with the settings.  It was the first time I had played the game and only had like 60 minutes to spend on it so far.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 12:25:58 (permalink)
Mod, could you move this to the gaming section since it is not 700 series specific?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1289
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 12:44:13 (permalink)

* Not directed at anyone in particular.

Good 1
post edited by AWK16 - 2014/06/03 13:04:18

Attached Image(s)

jisbell12
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 12:47:05 (permalink)
Actually, as far as I can tell, this topic is still about running this specific game on 780 Ti's (and 780's) and what settings were optimal for these in or out of SLI.  The post got off topic with all the PS4 banter.  I honestly think we're back on track again.  I plan to update with my specific settings that I have experienced later on tonight with my pair 780 Ti Kingpins.
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 13:13:33 (permalink)
jisbell12
Why don't you just disable ambient occlusion.  In all game I have played that have this setting, it severely impacts performance.  There is no way if cops are on my tail, I and going to stop and look at the lighting details and say, wow this game looks great!  Meanwhile cops catch up to me and kick my ass.

I play on 1152p monitor with all settings at max, use SMAA and disable Ambient Occlusion.  Performance so far seems smooth enough.  I'll do a fps test to see what I'm actually getting later tonight and play around more with the settings.  It was the first time I had played the game and only had like 60 minutes to spend on it so far.

Really AO is one setting I really like and has be around for a long long time....its one I would try not to play with and have there are "less visiual impact" settings that can be tweaked prior to AO......all on 780Ti SLi FWB's ;)

jisbell12
Re: watch dogs running very bad with SLI ! with GTX 780TI 2014/06/03 13:33:23 (permalink)
I'll try it with and without it on to see how much of an impact AO has on my setup and post back here later on this evening.

Edit: To get game to play smooth, without so many fps drops, had to move to fxaa, turn shadows down 1 level, turn reflections down 1, and turn off AO.  On foot, game stayed around 50~80 fps and while driving, 40~70 fps.

Everything else is at max settings.  My max resolution is 2048x1152.
post edited by jisbell12 - 2014/06/03 17:54:46
Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile