2015/03/17 22:36:41
kaninja
Dude, my Great Grandmother ate a tonne of garlic her entire life and lived until she was 102 with no brain injury...she was as sharp as a tac until she went on up.

Sugar is the real killer. Known to be toxic and the cause of many metabolic diseases and now linked to dimensia, Alzheimer's, etc. Not to mention obesityvand fatty liver disease, heart disease.

Forget about silly ole garlic. Italians are not retarded so end of story.
2015/03/17 23:42:22
rjohnson11
With garlic you need to make sure it is cooked or baked. It is not evil. 
2015/03/18 01:20:47
boylerya
kaninja
Dude, my Great Grandmother ate a tonne of garlic her entire life and lived until she was 102 with no brain injury...she was as sharp as a tac until she went on up.

Sugar is the real killer. Known to be toxic and the cause of many metabolic diseases and now linked to dimensia, Alzheimer's, etc. Not to mention obesityvand fatty liver disease, heart disease.

Forget about silly ole garlic. Italians are not retarded so end of story.

I never stated Italians are retarded.  In fact the Chinese produce far more garlic than America, and Italy barely produces any at all compared to China.  Your claim of your grandma is not very substantial when you dont have real numbers of consumption or brain scans.  Not like I have anything real substantial either other than a method to which you can test what I say as being true.....at your own risk.
2015/03/18 01:41:08
boylerya
rjohnson11
With garlic you need to make sure it is cooked or baked. It is not evil. 

Apparently eating it raw you are at risk of botulism which is rare. http://www.livestrong.com/article/458280-food-poisoning-from-garlic/  But with garlic there is conflicting information all over the place: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/health-effects-eating-raw-garlic-daily-3577.html 
I slow cooked my garlic til just the moment it started browning, then I pull out the solids leaving just the garlic infused virgin olive oil.  If that is not cooked enough then you are probably correct.  But I am certain if I let it cook for 60 seconds longer it would be burnt.  All I can say is that I have nothing to gain by informing others that garlic causes brain damage, and there are many others out there saying the same thing.  After I stop eating garlic my symptoms went away, then I eat it and symptoms come right back, then I stop and they go away is enough for me to know garlic is the problem.  Then when I thoroughly search the internet and the only sources for garlic being bad for you have my exact symptoms listed, well I have no choice to believe it is a neurotoxin.  Not to mention the highly suspicious information under side effects of garlic on WebMD. They dont specify whether cooked or uncooked garlic makes a difference in the damage it causes in children I believe because it doesnt make a difference.  Just my honest experiences, deductive reasoning, and research on the topic.  At the very least people need to keep it out of their children's mouths, or not eat it during pregnancy or after when breast feeding.  

I really like both those links, very nice.  Difficult to find a good source with vertigo listed.
 The other link shows how conflicting the effects are from various sources with raising or lowering cholesterol.  
 Thank you RJohnson!
2015/03/18 10:38:56
Randolla
boylerya
kaninja
Garlic doesn't cause brain damage lol. People are crazy. Go for a hike.

DONT DO THIS YOU WILL DEVELOP SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS!!!!
I guarantee that if you eat 2 bulbs of garlic to yourself every day for 2 months you will wake up one morning with a serious case of vertigo and brain damage.  Dont say I didnt warn you, be prepared to miss several days of work.  I think it will only take a few days for symptoms to occur, but I never would guide a family or friend into this test because I know it will work eventually.  It took me about 6 months of eating one clove a day before I started having serious health problems that went away the moment I stopped eating garlic.

But you know garlic is the panacea of herbs so you can eat as much as you want, heard it so many times.  Only going to make you stronger and the food taste better, right?  Put it to the test if you doubt me, but I recommend not trying it.

Also its not an allergy, those with garlic allergies have their eyes swell shut.

[/quote

I believe him.  Just read his posts and you can see that he is not thinking clearly!
If you overdose on ANYTHING it is bad for you.  Two BULBS of garlic is waaay too much and every day for two months?! What were you thinking???
I bet it did wonders for your social life as well!!
2015/03/18 12:10:29
boylerya
Randolla
boylerya
kaninja
Garlic doesn't cause brain damage lol. People are crazy. Go for a hike.

DONT DO THIS YOU WILL DEVELOP SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS!!!!
I guarantee that if you eat 2 bulbs of garlic to yourself every day for 2 months you will wake up one morning with a serious case of vertigo and brain damage.  Dont say I didnt warn you, be prepared to miss several days of work.  I think it will only take a few days for symptoms to occur, but I never would guide a family or friend into this test because I know it will work eventually.  It took me about 6 months of eating one clove a day before I started having serious health problems that went away the moment I stopped eating garlic.

But you know garlic is the panacea of herbs so you can eat as much as you want, heard it so many times.  Only going to make you stronger and the food taste better, right?  Put it to the test if you doubt me, but I recommend not trying it.

Also its not an allergy, those with garlic allergies have their eyes swell shut.

[/quote

I believe him.  Just read his posts and you can see that he is not thinking clearly!
If you overdose on ANYTHING it is bad for you.  Two BULBS of garlic is waaay too much and every day for two months?! What were you thinking???
I bet it did wonders for your social life as well!!

No, that is not the amount I was taking.  That is the get sick quick method to show that garlic is a neurotoxin for those that dont believe and want to find out quickly the truth.  I was using one bulb a day for over a year, but it only took about 7 to 9 months before I started having health problems.  But I am not debating whether you can overdose or not. I am saying that it is a neurotoxin because when it gets into your system it goes for the brain.  And that is what makes it soooo dangerous, in that in smaller amounts that do not create noticeable symptoms, the brain damage is still occurring to a lesser degree.  Whereas if eating too much just made you feel sick and puke I would not have created this thread because those are not symptoms of a neurotoxic poison.
2015/03/18 13:01:31
knightsilver
dude, go get some basic cooking leasons before jumping on a link, let alone cross referencing internet info, not everything you read on the internet is true or true-ish...
2015/03/18 21:33:32
boylerya
knightsilver
dude, go get some basic cooking reasons before jumping on a link, let alone cross referencing internet info, not everything you read on the internet is true or true-ish...

Trust me if a toxicology study of consumption of garlic by humans was conducted and released to the public I would be referring to that only.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account