2014/09/05 14:10:20
vsg28
A much more relevant video from Jay: 

Watch the first few minutes. I knew that first slot was way too close to the DIMM slots! Even if the RAM is put in first, there seems to be no room for a GPU backplate in there. Hopefully I am wrong about this!

I am fairly certain why EVGA had an issue sourcing the single side latch DIMM slots but when I brought up this possibility when we first saw the FTW board, I wish someone from EVGA had replied to it.
2014/09/05 14:18:21
EVGA_JacobF
Backplate is fine.
2014/09/05 14:23:54
vsg28
How much space is there if you don't mind measuring? Some backplates like the Aquacomputer Active and even some of the standard EK backplates are thicker than stock backplates due to the thermal pads and thicker aluminum used. I understand if you can't do it anytime soon of course.

Sorry if I came off harsh in that post above, I had the exact same thoughts as Jay did in there. 
2014/09/05 14:36:02
the_Scarlet_one
Not excited about the position of the USB 2.0, or the height of the dimm slots vs the pcie 1, but I am going to still give it a try. I may see if I can avoid the USB internal plug completely, just to avoid the area it is in.
2014/09/05 14:42:15
EVGA_JacobF
Here is a pic with TITAN-Z backplate which is a bit thicker than the EVGA backplate, there is still maybe 1-2mm of space left.

Attached Image(s)

2014/09/05 14:44:50
vsg28
Is it possible to get a bigger version of that image? I can only see the small thumbnail, can't download or open the bigger version.
2014/09/05 14:49:51
Sprinx
Yeah, I can't download it either. Right-click --> Open in new window, and I get the ole "File not found" spiel.

Don't need it personally, just thought I would also test the link.
2014/09/05 14:51:07
EVGA_JacobF
hmmm... try this one: http://oi57.tinypic.com/2v0jvc7.jpg

2014/09/05 14:54:29
the_Scarlet_one
Can I try that titan z on mine?

Also, that is really really close with the Dual locking system. If there is an issue with the RAM, it will require the removal of the full water loop and all GPUs (using the EK Parallel Terminal) to get to the Ram. I will add this to the revision thread, for single sided RAM locks. Not sure if that will help or even make any difference in the future, but, why not right?

*addition* Now I can see the picture better. Can you install and remove RAM while the gpu is installed?
2014/09/05 14:57:25
EVGA_JacobF
It is definitely possible in future versions, as DDR4 components and parts because more readily available. Most of our previous boards had single sided latches 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account