2014/09/02 15:24:31
EVGA_JacobF
X99 Classified unboxing/overview by JayZTwoCents

2014/09/02 20:13:20
the_Scarlet_one
See, 4 pin fan headers and gun metal E on the heat sink. Really not sure why the FTW got the gun metal E and the classified got the Red one, when red would have perfectly matched the FTW PCI lanes.

The Capacitors I also agree with, but can easily overlook.
2014/09/02 20:46:47
maniacvvv
Outstanding!  cant wait
2014/09/03 09:49:27
TECH_DaveB
Scarlet-Tech
See, 4 pin fan headers and gun metal E on the heat sink. Really not sure why the FTW got the gun metal E and the classified got the Red one, when red would have perfectly matched the FTW PCI lanes.

The Capacitors I also agree with, but can easily overlook.

As for the coloring, it's a contrast thing, it makes our logo stand out, and that can definitely be handy on store shelves, it catches the eye.
But, as for coloring, I am with you, but then again, im not wild abut red in general, if I had my way all computer products would be a mush of black, grey and dark blue, but then again according to the other half, I'm boring like that  :)
2014/09/03 10:28:00
rjohnson11
If only I had the cash.....
2014/09/03 11:47:42
Convex-AirRazor
worth to upgrade from 2600k? I do lots of video-editing. though it seems upgrading will cost a lot. probably will wait few months to a year
2014/09/03 13:07:15
the_Scarlet_one
Convex-AirRazor
worth to upgrade from 2600k? I do lots of video-editing. though it seems upgrading will cost a lot. probably will wait few months to a year

Y.... E.... S....

EVGATech_DaveB
As for the coloring, it's a contrast thing, it makes our logo stand out, and that can definitely be handy on store shelves, it catches the eye.
But, as for coloring, I am with you, but then again, im not wild abut red in general, if I had my way all computer products would be a mush of black, grey and dark blue, but then again according to the other half, I'm boring like that  :)

With the color, I slightly understand the contrast perspective, but in the end, the box is what everyone will see... Make it a clear cover under a flap and provide two heat sink options, one with red and one with gunmetal E. Make the lettering on the box obnoxious red to capture attention, but the user opens a flap and gets a choice. Yes, it would cost a little more, but you could easily run a poll prior to launch, to see how the fans would like to see the final product. Many companies do that as well.

I will be throwing a Nateman block at this as fast as Nateman can ship it, so the stock heat sink will not matter as soon as I can get my grubby little fingers on it.

The 4 pin fan headers are going to continue to kill my senses though. I paid extra for the Noctua PWM fans, and can't control them through EVGA boards. I have only had Asus and one Asrock previously and controlled everything on the Asus board. From a functional stand point, the fan header is WAY more important than the colors. I can hide, change, mute, obscure colors... But I can't add fan headers.
2014/09/03 13:28:20
KLEYBA
yeah, my X79 Classified looked really pretty when I threw it across my shop!  Red and Black swirling in harmony whilst flying through the air!
2014/09/03 13:30:19
the_Scarlet_one
Whoa whoa whoa... You had the x79 Classified Frisbee! I heard they were not balanced for long distance...
2014/09/04 14:12:56
Randolla
maniacvvv
Outstanding!  cant wait

Good to see you back Maniac

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account