EVGA

LockedChimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
planetclown
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1694
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 15
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion... 2013/04/17 13:46:26 (permalink)
I've found it a lot less stressful the last few years when I fold for the "event" which raises awareness, but ignore the "race" which has been broken for awhile now.  I wouldn't mind if the "race" was more enjoyable, but by no means is it the main reason I join the "event".

EVGA Associates code: OLY2307BPM0MXZU Click for a discount on your next purchase from EVGA.com

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/17 13:53:43 (permalink)
planetclown

The links to graphs for CC 2006 thru 2008 are in post #33 in this thread.  The graph for 2009 can be found here

Not sure if raw data is around, but may be able to eyeball it with the graphs.

Somehow I missed your post. Thank you for your help!

Adak1
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 01:44:25 (permalink)
@Macaholic:
Once you have a RACE, instead of a promotional event, (which you can't possibly handicap), you can invite other teams to race.

To make it worthwhile, you have to have rules that are easy to understand, and be enforced. The fewer rules, the better.

I've invited two teams to consider racing next year.
==========================

Races are fun, and will always attract people - they always have. Don't make the race, into a promo event of some kind. The promotional aspect of the race, rides piggy back with the racers, as they try to recruit their friends, neighbors, associates, etc., to help them.

Sure, many times you wind up with a folder just moving from one team to another - with no net gain for FAH. But other times you WILL bring a few people into the folding hobby. But the RACE part carries the promo part - and the race is what needs to be run.

The race - not the promo event - WILL attract people, and they will fold more and upgrade to better hardware sooner, because they want to race better. And it's fun!

Right now, the CC format isn't perfect, and neither is the handicapping. It's the best I could do with only one year of CC race date, (from 2011).

I don't like the recruiting aspect of the CC where we get non-racing folders from other teams, but:

1) It's always happened - since the very first CC, it was done "sub rosa".

2) I don't know a way to stop it if someone really wants to do it. Having a rule against it just penalizes the honest teams, and benefits the not-so-honorable teams.

3) Folders from non-racing teams WANT to race sometimes. They  come over unasked, every once in awhile. I'm not going to tell them "No, you can't race".

Maybe - and this is just an idea atm, after we get a more focused handicap system, if a folder wants to join in the race, his team's handicap (the multiplier), is adjusted on the fly. Now he's able to race, but the balance given by the handicap, is maintained.

Here's another "off the cuff" idea. The race is divided up into quarters. After every 25% of the race time has passed, a new handicap is calculated, based on the results of the race so far.

That would help put teams that are floundering, back into the competition. It would also make it harder for any team to run away with the win, all alone. It would have a strong bunching effect on the teams, and have to be carefully set up.

Just a few idea's - I haven't studied them in detail. I do know that you have to keep the race, a race, and not a recruiting or promo event. Nobody cares, or will have fun at, a recruiting or promo event.

That means the race must be centered around points folded, and be handicapped in a way that most people at least, see as honest and fair, for everyone.

This year has been the best I've been in for competition. We had three teams closely vying for 1st place - a big, a medium, and a small team - I've never seen that before in the CC. In the lower tier, we had close races with OCN vs. HWC, OCAU vs. TSC!. The only two who got separated was CustomPC & Bit-tech, and TPU!

More teams are competing for more positions still, than I've ever seen before in the CC.

post edited by Adak1 - 2013/04/18 01:45:35
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 03:44:40 (permalink)
we already came up with a adjusting handicap on another discussion thread

avg new handicap=sum (initial handicap[PPD] + each days output[PPD])/ (1+no days running)

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

planetclown
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1694
  • Ribbons : 15
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 06:29:26 (permalink)
Post #10
Adak1

jinihammerer
The only way a handicap system would be remotely accurate is by using current data during the race and that would be ugly too.

That's called "crystal balling" an event - where you have the eyes of God and prophetically can predict the winner and loser, etc. That's bad juju all around - stinky math and stinky clarity of purpose. I don't do that.

Post #65
Adak1
Maybe - and this is just an idea atm, after we get a more focused handicap system, if a folder wants to join in the race, his team's handicap (the multiplier), is adjusted on the fly. Now he's able to race, but the balance given by the handicap, is maintained.

Here's another "off the cuff" idea. The race is divided up into quarters. After every 25% of the race time has passed, a new handicap is calculated, based on the results of the race so far.

I don't mean to call you out Adak, but don't these posts seem to contradict each other?  Does this mean you're warming up to the idea of a "dynamic" handicap to balance out the intangibles (how many "recruits" come from other teams, new big fish in small pond effect, etc)

I think the dynamic handicap idea seems to have merit and would help keep the race interesting.
post edited by planetclown - 2013/04/18 06:32:33

EVGA Associates code: OLY2307BPM0MXZU Click for a discount on your next purchase from EVGA.com

sbinh
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 06:33:07 (permalink)
Afterburner

What do they fall short at?
  1. Making the contest fun for everyone
  2. Making it competitive for the Majority, not the minority
  3. Growing like it once did
  4. Getting all teams actively involved in the entire process at least two months before the event
  5. Being adequately organized
  6. Being Consistent in race rules and formulas

So, you meant the CC is only for the WHITE folks but not ASIAN/ Vietnamese (aka minority)?
I hope the statement #2 is not a RACIST comment.

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 06:34:51 (permalink)
Adak1

Races are fun, and will always attract people - they always have. Don't make the race, into a promo event of some kind. The promotional aspect of the race, rides piggy back with the racers, as they try to recruit their friends, neighbors, associates, etc., to help them.

Sure, many times you wind up with a folder just moving from one team to another - with no net gain for FAH. But other times you WILL bring a few people into the folding hobby. But the RACE part carries the promo part - and the race is what needs to be run.

The race - not the promo event - WILL attract people, and they will fold more and upgrade to better hardware sooner, because they want to race better. And it's fun!

Right now, the CC format isn't perfect, and neither is the handicapping. It's the best I could do with only one year of CC race date, (from 2011).

I don't like the recruiting aspect of the CC where we get non-racing folders from other teams, but:

*Note, only shortened post for space*

Now that is the kind of post we expected to see from you and your best post to date. No threats, no bashing, honest feedback. Now that gets me "Engaged" in thinking 2014 has a chance instead of how I felt yesterday which was I am done and not spending anymore time on this as it stood.

Thank you!

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 06:37:53 (permalink)
sbinh

Afterburner

What do they fall short at?
  1. Making the contest fun for everyone
  2. Making it competitive for the Majority, not the minority
  3. Growing like it once did
  4. Getting all teams actively involved in the entire process at least two months before the event
  5. Being adequately organized
  6. Being Consistent in race rules and formulas

So, you meant the CC is only for the WHITE folks but not ASIAN/ Vietnamese (aka minority)?
I hope the statement #2 is not a RACIST comment.

Good God man. Are you serious? That kind of sick joke is uncalled for and unnecessary. This entire time the conversation has been about the "Teams" . 

Get out of here with that kind of thinking and talk. It has no place here at all.

Macaholic
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 338
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 10:21:37 (permalink)
Afterburner

*Note, only shortened post for space*

Now that is the kind of post we expected to see from you and your best post to date. No threats, no bashing, honest feedback. Now that gets me "Engaged" in thinking 2014 has a chance instead of how I felt yesterday which was I am done and not spending anymore time on this as it stood.

Thank you!

Agreed. Having taken part in many a CC since its inception, I get how they work. But the landscape and format has changed considerably. From two teams when it began, up to nine teams now. That means that changes need to made in format and attitude. Right now I would recommend that EVGA refrain from further competition as there is an obvious targeted bias that is unlikely to be overcome regardless of what type of handicap is used. A race is not a race if the outcome can already be predicted. The [H]orde and MaxPC are smart enough to realize it is an exercise in futility as it currently stands.

Fold! It does a body good!™
Mac Pro Dual Quad Core X5570 - 2 x Mac Pro Dual Quad Core X5365 - 2 x Asus Z8NA-D6C, Dual Hex Core E5645 - Supermicro H8QGi-F-O, Quad 12-Core Opteron 6174 - Supermicro H8QGi-F-O, Quad 16-Core Opteron 6272 - Tyan S8812, Quad 12-Core Opteron 6166HE - Supermicro H8QGi-F-O, Quad 12-Core Opteron 6164HE - 5 x EVGA Classified GeForce GTX 590

Macaholic
iCX Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 12:35:14 (permalink)
Each team should have a sign up list. If you are on it, you are in, if not, captain discussion as to allowances. Folding under a specific chimp name helped limit the amount of team switching shenanigans. People are less likely to switch if they have to fold for another name. Having a sign up list means you have to get your "recruiting" done well before the contest starts. If somebody adds horsepower under a signed up name, well again that is likely to be less of an obvious effect than switching from one team to another just for sport to game the handicap as "more folding".

Three teams should be invited if you are keeping the current handicap system;

http://folding.extremeove...summary.php?s=&t=40051
http://folding.extremeove...summary.php?s=&t=74960
http://folding.extremeove...summary.php?s=&t=32035

These were known from last year, yet not invited this year. Minor oversight? That is something that needs to change.
post edited by Macaholic - 2013/04/18 12:48:28

Mac Pro Dual Quad Core X5570 - 2 x Mac Pro Dual Quad Core X5365 - 2 x Asus Z8NA-D6C, Dual Hex Core E5645 - Supermicro H8QGi-F-O, Quad 12-Core Opteron 6174 - Supermicro H8QGi-F-O, Quad 16-Core Opteron 6272 - Tyan S8812, Quad 12-Core Opteron 6166HE - Supermicro H8QGi-F-O, Quad 12-Core Opteron 6164HE - 5 x EVGA Classified GeForce GTX 590

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 12:41:45 (permalink)
Macaholic

I only see two links (one is a duplicate)

Macaholic
iCX Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 12:49:24 (permalink)
Fixed. Darn mobile device copy and paste.

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 12:52:35 (permalink)
My suggestion was to drop CC names entirely - no using them (those subtracted off your team - to prevent other teams from using a common name and a common passkey) 

if another team joins up as a member - ie user the new team number and a user name other than the Chimp name ... 
Im ok with that..it's easier to track and see who is folding (since most will probably use their previous key and name and just change team numbers)

the problem with signup is the same issue - getting people signed up and counting...much like PM'ing and getting the message out

the person is folding...but points won't count until the sign up?
they may be away...they may be sick... they just might not log in for a week

big teams = harder issue to get everyone up and running

secondly a stats issue...
now you only allow each one signed up ...by EOC...that requires huge stats revisions on a hourly basis or at min every day adding members from each team
further EVGA has 12,000 folding members - up to1200 active - do you want to input 100's or thousands of eoc nmbers each day(during the contest) into a stats database for one team nevermind 9 others

the best course was ..EVERYONES points count 
it a team thing ...lets keep it that way
Im not going to say since Punchy or someone else was sick he cant join up or get the chimp badge/trophy at the end
we all deserve it and we all fold for it

we got each others back....lets fold as a team and work as one

if you talking sign up from day 1 after this chimp...well we could sign up everyone (on the team one by one)
and then just PM everyone when it's running
what would be the difference other than new signups?

you know you can see new members on the your EOC team list...so it's not hard to track new signups

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2013/04/18 13:11:16

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 12:54:34 (permalink)
Macaholic

Each team should have a sign up list. If you are on it, you are in, if not, captain discussion as to allowances. Folding under a specific chimp name helped limit the amount of team switching shenanigans. People are less likely to switch if they have to fold for another name. Having a sign up list means you have to get your "recruiting" done well before the contest starts. If somebody adds horsepower under a signed up name, well again that is likely to be less of an obvious effect than switching from one team to another just for sport to game the handicap as "more folding".

These were known from last year, yet not invited this year. Minor oversight? That is something that needs to change.

Off the topic a bit here for me, sorry... But I have to say... That is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome to see. I am absolutely in ah of the last link at the Pit... I have gone to battle as a 411Overkill member in their contests over the years (Battle meaning participating in their contests and battling it out FTW). That is just inspiring to see in my mind.

They are all going under one name, sacrificing their own production numbers while spreading the good work getting done. No set production expectations, just dates... Bravo...

This makes me wonder a lot about Punchy's idea.................

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 13:36:14 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious

My suggestion was to drop CC names entirely - no using them (those subtracted off your team - to prevent other teams from using a common name and a common passkey) 

if another team joins up as a member - ie user the new team number and a user name other than the Chimp name ... 
Im ok with that..it's easier to track and see who is folding (since most will probably use their previous key and name and just change team numbers)

the problem with signup is the same issue - getting people signed up and counting...much like PM'ing and getting the message out

the person is folding...but points won't count until the sign up?
they may be away...they may be sick... they just might not log in for a week

big teams = harder issue to get everyone up and running

the best course was ..EVERYONES points count 
it a team thing ...lets keep it that way
Im not going to say since Punchy or someone else was sick he cant join up or get the chimp badge/trophy at the end
we all deserve it and we all fold for it

we got each others back....lets fold as a team and work as one

My post was not in response to yours BTW.. I was typing mine while you posted yours. And I 100% agree with you. I am just mentioning how that idea they have been doing for a few years is commendable at the least.

That said, it is also why the Formula is a joke for CC. Unless we are going to account for this commendatory, they formula is a waste of time and effort.

Speaking out-loud... By saying "It is not our fault other teams do not recruit successfully" is one way of saying... "We are going to fix the race. We will make the formula to measure everyone under normal situations, get our assistance from other teams, and win yet again." 

That is as bad as asking the teams to go head to head against EVGA. It is just not right. Why is that so hard for those not producing under EVGA's flag to see or understand? 

A race means all have a chance to win. I am only saying that because of the energy around "Winning the Race". As far as the event goes. It is muuuuuuch better than years past.

If anything... I think EVGA should not be measured in the CC. We should just participate in the capacity of awareness. Run our own "Internal" race along side for those who like to race and let the other teams enjoy a race. It seems to me that we are to big and are part of the problem finding a solution to the formula. Just imagine how the race would look without the formula, the "Stacking of one team" and EVGA removed...

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 13:36:20 (permalink)
** I originally had this in the post above, but felt it needed to be out on it's own so it was not lost in the other one...**

That said... Here is an idea taken from one of our members, and I am choosing expand on here...

Version 1.0
  • Split EVGA into two-four teams
  • Let them enter the race as individual teams. 
Version 2.0
  • Create 10 EVGA teams through volunteering/contest to create said teams (Or any heart pumping idea that we could get behind).
    • However it is done... The goal is to find the "General" overall number said team can produce.
    • This allows that team to "Market" themselves in search of a team they can help.
    • If this path is chosen, we all understand that the excitement of said "Race" will encourage more participation from all angles.
  • Said teams go to various sites to offer their teams EVGA production in the name of that site if they participate in the CC. 
  • This builds better communities.
  • Removes Goliath
  • This will expand the CC quantity of teams.
  • Removes the need of any formula.
  • This helps spread the word about folding and who we actually are as people.

Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5208
  • Ribbons : 11
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 13:52:18 (permalink)
Or we could just all band together to help the one team least likely to succeed and fold under their name.  Nothing more satisfying than skewing statistics, formulas and cheaters!

Just saying... :)

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 13:55:06 (permalink)
Viper97

Or we could just all band together to help the one team least likely to succeed and fold under their name.  Nothing more satisfying than skewing statistics, formulas and cheaters!

EVIL!

I like it =]

And in all seriousness. If the decision from the team at some point was to not participate in the CC.. I would be happy to help "Charter" a team that would do just that... Picking the team would be fun...

Macaholic
iCX Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 14:24:12 (permalink)
Afterburner

Viper97

EVIL!

I like it =]

And in all seriousness. If the decision from the team at some point was to not participate in the CC.. I would be happy to help "Charter" a team that would do just that... Picking the team would be fun...

Now, now. Where did that come from? Crazy idea.

jinihammerer
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1151
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 14:34:48 (permalink)
That amusing...... It's only ok to borrow 20 guys from other teams tho.

My Affiliate Code: EB1-UCY-VA9N   

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 14:36:02 (permalink)
Macaholic

Afterburner

Viper97

EVIL!

I like it =]

Now, now. Where did that come from? Crazy idea.

The difference here... That is just misinformation. As we can see in the proof of our production. Not to mention a double standard. It is "OK" to get help from other teams, but not "OK" for EVGA members to help other teams. Interesting. 

That said, it is just one voice, and not a reflection of their team. Just like any other...

My comment above is if and when the entire team of EVGA decides to no longer participate in the CC I would be happy to help build a team to go spread good will and take out the ringer... 

Two very different lines of thought. 

Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 14:41:33 (permalink)
I merely find it amusing how those who set the formula doth protest the consequences of their actions!  As was said earlier, they brought in the ringers to help them.  Not EVGA yet, the banners fly and the "oh my gawd that's cheating" accusations are the first line of defense used against a thought or suggestion that comes from our side.

Amusing... simply amusing. 

As I've always thought those that doth protest much have much to hide.

jinihammerer
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1151
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 14:45:21 (permalink)
I actually like the idea of participating in but not being a racer in it. Fact is we can never win.
Why?
Because evga or big [h] are the two elephants in the room. We are the standard that all the handicaps are gaged to. no matter how we'll we do or grow we will always behind the eight ball. We could come in dead last. And still not have a handicap. We are the zero point.

My Affiliate Code: EB1-UCY-VA9N   

troy8d
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2817
  • Ribbons : 10
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 15:46:27 (permalink)
Before delving into any of my thoughts on the contest design, I think its worthwhile to think about where things have gone wrong in the past and the nature of our contest participation moving forward. Having watched the Chimp Challenge unfold for 3 years now, I believe the primary problem with the state of the contest format is with the manner in which it is designed.  There are a large number of factors at work that make designing a contest that is fair to everyone difficult if not impossible, but in my opinion the design process has hindered its development more than anything else. 

• It takes place behind closed doors in a "captain's forum," which eliminates the valuable input of the greater folding community.  Believe it or not, there are a lot of smart people out there on our folding team as well as every other team. 
  • The majority of teams provide little to no input and recently had to be coerced to participate by XZ.  We've now the input to 8 people, most of which don't provide any input at all.
  • Those that do provide input often come in with a bad attitude or a hidden agenda.  Things that come to mind are Adak's shady formula construction this year and recent display on our forums or Zodac's insistence that "conversion" be a measure as his team historically scores well in it.  It appears that most involved with designing the contest are trying to give their team an edge.  Thus, the nature of the contest becomes political as much as anything else.
  • Time - everyone waits until the last second and rushes a poorly thought out contest format through because "hey, it sounds better than last year and it is better than nothing."

A toxic combination of closed doors, indifference, bad politics and procrastination has, in my opinion, doomed the Chimp Challenge to mediocrity, if not the brink of destruction.  Moving forward, I see three possible options:

• Not participate as a team in the contest.  It may not be worth the hassle it creates.
  • Participate as a team in the contest, but pay little attention to the format, points and winners.  Several other teams do this - they may be onto something.
  • Work together as a team to design what we feel is as fair and balanced a format as possible.  Track our own stats independent of the "official" Chimp Challenge.  Put up or shut up - we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.

I know that, for the most part, I have personally steered well clear of Chimp Challenge contest because of the bad inter-team politics that have consistently emerged and I've also been busy in March with some kind of M@Dness (in reality I start working on that in December/January).  I know it's probably a bit early for this, but before worrying about next year's contest design I think that we need to decide as a team what approach we want to take to the Chimp Challenge in the future.

Just my opinion, as always I'd love to hear yours.

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
johnerz
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2076
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 16:06:59 (permalink)
Viper97

You very bad person, I do like that idea - a lot!!

Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 16:52:52 (permalink)
Yeah... Adak calls 'em guest folders.  Folders from other teams and a few I hadn't tracked down completely yet.  I find it funny it's okay to take 'guest' folders but when I suggest we 'guest' fold for another team... bam!  All bejezers breaks out.

troy8d
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 17:15:41 (permalink)
Regardless of how bad the Chimp Challenge has or has not become, I would be against any effort to intentionally derail it. 

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 17:22:15 (permalink)
Troy... I understand... however I'd have to say, it was derailed long ago.  And intentionally.  However, not by our team and I really won't play the whole 'take the higher ground' scenario because that just leads to lost lives and stupid situations.

If it isn't an all out kill shot then there is no reason for the team to even bother.  There is no competition if it is stacked against you so much there is no chance.

As a Gunny Highway would say, "Improvise, adapt, and overcome!"

troy8d
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 17:36:44 (permalink)
Just my opinion that its not worth the time or effort if your intentions are destruction.  Is the contest horribly broken?  Yes.  Is it beyond repair?  At the moment I am inclined to say yes and no.  Yes, I believe most people involved in organizing it set out to ensure their team has the best chance to win.  No, at the moment I don't believe the logistics are unmanageable (even with "visitors") if the politics don't get in the way.  Actually, I would welcome the challenge of designing something much fairer, but how dysfunctional and jaded the organizational structure is, I feel it would be a waste of time.

Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Chimp Challenge 2014 Open Discussion/Idea Thread... 2013/04/18 17:46:18 (permalink)
Troy,

I know you could do these things.  I have that much faith in our team people.  I'd welcome you stepping in however; I feel you'd be entering a pit of hungry pit bulls, famished zombies and probably the mafia. 

Unfortunately it's politics as usual from what little I know.  I wouldn't even waste the time to fix it if I could or you could.  This is one of those times in my life where I think putting it out of it's misery is the kindest thing one can do.

One shot, one kill.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile