EVGA

Helpful ReplyZ87 motherboards release date?

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 11
Author
jmaertens
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 167
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/07 08:31:27 (permalink)
Solar Trans
I would just buy a Maximus VI Formula from ASUS over the FTW. It is more expensive, but tit has great integrated sound and it looks really goo. If you were gonna go with EVGA, I would say the Classified or Stinger but IMO the FTW is outclassed by the Formula.

You're comparing two mobos at completely different price points. It would be more accurate to compare the FTW with the M6Hero.

Solar Trans
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/07 09:55:17 (permalink)
Oh yeah good point. Well the Hero is very similar to the FTW, and you'd probably have just as good of a board either way. If you really wanted to wait for a while you could get the FTW, but considering the Hero is out now I'd buy that.
NoRest4Wicked1
  • Total Posts : 8
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/07 16:32:35 (permalink)
I ended up sending EVGA an email today asking them to substitute a better motherboard (and processor if necessary).  The contest rules say that cash can not be given to the prize winner as a substitute.  It says that at EVGA's discretion, they can substitute products of an equal or greater value.  I don't know how that would work when the prize is a custom built computer and only one part is holding it up its completion.  What I don't understand is why EVGA would give away prizes they can't even manufacture yet.  As part of the same contest. someone else won a Z87 FTW motherboard as a standalone prize.  I don't mean to criticize or bash EVGA.  I'm more than thrilled to have won such an awesome prize.  The thing is, I want the prize already.  I deconstructed my old PC as I had promised various parts of it to other people who needed a minor upgrade.  My wife's computer (the one I'm currently using) got my old PSU and GPU.  The GPU was practically brand new and the PSU needed to go with it due to its power draw.

Long and short of it is that I feel like I've been understanding enough to now be feeling impatient.  Had someone told me that these mobo's wouldn't be released until October instead of someone BS'ing me by saying they'll be ready any day now, I certainly wouldn't be so annoyed.  At first I had been told that my computer wasn't being sent yet because Origin hadn't built it.  I had to find out through Origin that they were waiting on the mobo.

evilmustang66

NoRest4Wicked1

I spoke with someone at EVGA recently who told me the Z87 FTW mobo's were due in "any day now" but from what I'm seeing in these forums, they won't be available until some time in October.  Which piece of information am I supposed to believe?  I've already gotten rid of my old computer to make room for the new one I'm getting through Origin but can't be built until Origin receives the Z87 FTW motherboard.  I only got rid of my old computer because I was told I should be getting the new computer within 2-3 weeks.  I know that I should be patient considering I won the computer I'm talking about but I've been given different information at every turn by various people at EVGA.  What is the real story, please?  Is the Z87 FTW going to be available before October?  If not, why can't a substitute be made of an equally capable motherboard?  I realize that a different mobo might mean other parts would no longer be compatible but I also feel like I shouldn't have to wait until the end of 2013 or beyond to get this machine when EVGA's policy is to ship prizes within 15 days.  Had I not been in touch with someone at EVGA, I wouldn't even know that there was a delay.  EVGA didn't volunteer information on their own.  I had to contact them to find out that there was a hold up with my prize.  I'm sorry if I'm coming across as annoyed but I am annoyed.  I received a seemingly random (unsolicited) email from Origin that said the delay for my build is due to the EVGA Z87 FTW mobo being unavailable and that once they receive that, there will be another 2-3 weeks of testing and tuning before they ship it back to EVGA just for them to ship it back across the country to me.  The point of this whole rant is:  I would like some honest, real information on when I can expect to see the computer I won from EVGA.  I'm sure I sound like a ungrateful dick right now but that's not it at all.  Once I've been given misinformation enough times, I get sick of it.  Just like any other human being out there.

you could contact them and ask for the value payout due to the issue of the waiting period on a product that is delayed and they may give you the value of that prize so you could buy the parts

EVGA Z87FTW
i7 4770k
16 GB G.Skill Trident 2400MHz
EVGA GTX770
EVGA Supernova 750G
Corsair Neutron 120GB SSD
WD Green 1TB HDD
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
seta8967
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1813
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/15 17:58:46 (permalink)
So its now mid-month still no release for FTW or Classified. Any hints as to when we can expect these items for US, Europe and Russia/Asia? We expecting another end of month release like the stinger?
DeathBeDone
  • Total Posts : 22
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/15 23:06:45 (permalink)
I would also like an update on FTW and Classified release date. At this point I am now leaning towards the Asus M6 Formula and the only reason I am waiting is to see if EVGA as redeemed themselves for the x79 disaster.
Physics2007
  • Total Posts : 20
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/16 02:13:51 (permalink)
seta8967

So its now mid-month still no release for FTW or Classified. Any hints as to when we can expect these items for US, Europe and Russia/Asia? We expecting another end of month release like the stinger?
 Especially in Europe/Russia, please.
=) 

NoRest4Wicked1
  • Total Posts : 8
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/16 06:28:19 (permalink)
I was waiting on a computer I won through EVGA that is being built on the Z87 FTW motherboard and about a week ago I received an email from someone at EVGA saying that the motherboard had finally been shipped to the company that is building my computer.  I would have to guess that the manufacturing process has been straightened out and the first few FTW's are ready.  I would imagine that it won't be too much longer until they're in stock once they ramp up production.  This is just a guess though.

EVGA Z87FTW
i7 4770k
16 GB G.Skill Trident 2400MHz
EVGA GTX770
EVGA Supernova 750G
Corsair Neutron 120GB SSD
WD Green 1TB HDD
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
sandboarder08
  • Total Posts : 33
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/17 01:21:07 (permalink)
I wouldnt count on europe....

They can't even get Europe a hydrocopper classified or one of the water blocks...  I ended up paying alot more for that water block to come from the states! 

Im waiting for the z87 classified. I wish Evga could just come out of the closet and give us real info...  Not (its about quality not quantity bs)   We know its going to be good!  Just want to know whos on vacation  and holding up production lol!

Asus Maximus V Formula, 3770k OC to 47x, 1866 2x8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ,  2x EVGA 670 FTW , Custom Aquacomputer Loop.  Waiting on a corsair 540 case!
mavowar
  • Total Posts : 19
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/18 01:07:54 (permalink)
Wow,

What a cluster this is!!!! Long story short, my Gigabyte motherboard took a dump. I have bought several EVGA graphics cards( about 6 in 2 years) so I figured I would buy an EVGA MB since I have had great luck with their cards. I knew I had seen they were shown on this site many6 moths ago. So I goto to my local Microcenter to a Z87ftw (maybe a classified) and all they have is the stinger. So I do a lil "smart" phone shopping and find this mess. EVGA get your **** together it is costing you sales. NOw I have to buy a board I am not really all that into it. That said......you guys should have been honest as to what was happening. I read through 9 pages of PR bull crap. I will give you 1 day to tell me an exact date they will be released to the public and I may hold off( I have a spare sandybridge rig) I can always stick a couple of evga crads in. Otherwise I drop the hammer on something else.........

NZXT 630, Cooler Master v1000 PS, i7 5775c 4.1ghz,32 Gigs 1866mhz Ram, Gigabyte Z97 Gaming Black Edition /wifi, RTX2080 , Intel Optane SSD PCIE Boot Drive, Plus some SSD for game storage. Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card, etc... 

loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/18 14:07:39 (permalink)
mavowar
Wow,

What a cluster this is!!!! Long story short, my Gigabyte motherboard took a dump. I have bought several EVGA graphics cards( about 6 in 2 years) so I figured I would buy an EVGA MB since I have had great luck with their cards. I knew I had seen they were shown on this site many6 moths ago. So I goto to my local Microcenter to a Z87ftw (maybe a classified) and all they have is the stinger. So I do a lil "smart" phone shopping and find this mess. EVGA get your **** together it is costing you sales. NOw I have to buy a board I am not really all that into it. That said......you guys should have been honest as to what was happening. I read through 9 pages of PR bull crap. I will give you 1 day to tell me an exact date they will be released to the public and I may hold off( I have a spare sandybridge rig) I can always stick a couple of evga crads in. Otherwise I drop the hammer on something else.........

Don't bother waiting, just buy something else now. That is why I have an ASRock board now. EVGA has not been able to get a motherboard out on time since the X58/P55 chipset.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
doorules
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4504
  • Ribbons : 21
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/19 00:43:52 (permalink)
loveha
mavowar
Wow,

Don't bother waiting, just buy something else now. That is why I have an ASRock board now. EVGA has not been able to get a motherboard out on time since the X58/P55 chipset.

Exactly, and with what they have beep passing off as mobo's I can't imagine why you would want to wait.
mavowar
  • Total Posts : 19
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/19 03:53:52 (permalink)
Yea, I bought an Asus z87-ws great board love the features!!! quad sli tri sli and 16 by 16 dual sli unlike most boards.....

NZXT 630, Cooler Master v1000 PS, i7 5775c 4.1ghz,32 Gigs 1866mhz Ram, Gigabyte Z97 Gaming Black Edition /wifi, RTX2080 , Intel Optane SSD PCIE Boot Drive, Plus some SSD for game storage. Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card, etc... 

zogger
  • Total Posts : 60
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/20 15:41:06 (permalink)
couldn't wait for EVGA, so pulled the pin on a Z87 MSI Mpower.

fergusonll
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1686
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/22 12:56:50 (permalink)
zogger

I've been looking at he Mpower board as well, have you had chance to install yet
Physics2007
  • Total Posts : 20
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/23 12:41:20 (permalink)
So, what news is about z87 Classified?
There's already end of September and nothing about date.

hey, EVGA, you could add z87 Classified user's manual to download if nothing else.
coolmistry
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2502
  • Ribbons : 45
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/24 07:18:47 (permalink)
zogger

I have look at Z87 MSI Xpower it very impressive with this MSI Board!!! I might thinking to grab this and can't wait any too long with Evga Z86 Classfield!!!!
PRETTY Please can you tell us what happen and why do long delay with Z87 Classfield and FTW?? Stinger are already on sell!!!!

I have curious with this MSI board size is XL-ATX (34.5 cm W x 26.4 cm D) I know it very large board but I only interest of that have many small holes for screws fix to my CM Stacker 830 classics case! My case do have size ATX, E-ATX, m-ATX, BTX, PICO-BTX but so there no XL-ATX!! Just wonder if E-ATX exactly same holes placement to XL-ATX! Sorry I f I made confuse! That XL-ATX do have exactly same size  to E-ATX on Depth but on width is MSi is bigger than EVGA is 34.5cm. I am not worry about the big Size of board but just worry about those holes for screws fix to Case!!
I would be grateful if someone can help and thanks 

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
masternewbie
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/24 09:10:42 (permalink)
coolmistry

I have look at  it very impressive with this MSI Board!!! I might thinking to grab this and can't wait any too long with Evga Z86 Classfield!!!!
PRETTY Please can you tell us what happen and why do long delay with Z87 Classfield and FTW?? Stinger are already on sell!!!!

I have curious with this MSI board size is XL-ATX (34.5 cm W x 26.4 cm D) I know it very large board but I only interest of that have many small holes for screws fix to my CM Stacker 830 classics case! My case do have size ATX, E-ATX, m-ATX, BTX, PICO-BTX but so there no XL-ATX!! Just wonder if E-ATX exactly same holes placement to XL-ATX! Sorry I f I made confuse! That XL-ATX do have exactly same size  to E-ATX on Depth but on width is MSi is bigger than EVGA is 34.5cm. I am not worry about the big Size of board but just worry about those holes for screws fix to Case!!

XL-ATX has an extra set of three holes along the bottom about 1.5" below the standard ATX set, otherwise it's the same.  
coolmistry
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2502
  • Ribbons : 45
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/24 10:05:51 (permalink)
masternewbie
coolmistry

I have look at  it very impressive with this MSI Board!!! I might thinking to grab this and can't wait any too long with Evga Z86 Classfield!!!!

XL-ATX has an extra set of three holes along the bottom about 1.5" below the standard ATX set, otherwise it's the same.  

Yeah I agree I have double check on picture both size look same holes placement just bigger board on width though!!! 
Thanks for your help!!!

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
rochambo
  • Total Posts : 36
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/27 23:27:40 (permalink)
I couldn't wait so I scooped an Asus Formula.  

Anybody in the market for a used but in good condition EVGA X58 SLI board with year old 24GB Kingston ram + 6 GB Corsair dominator from the original build with i7 920, Coolermaster V10 TEC cooler, EVGA GTX 285 with accelero custom installed silent cooler and 1100w PSU?

its basically a full computer, totally works fine minus a HDD and case and peripherals 

I also have a 680FTW 4GB++ that I am thinking about selling and going up to a 700 series on water just because.      

i7 4790k, ASUS Maximus Formula VII, 32GB 2400 G.Skill,  Samsung SSD, 3x HDD, 2x GTX 680FTW 4GB+ in SLI with EK full coverage blocks; all kept nice and cool on a custom loop while powered by an EVGA 1000w P2
seta8967
FTW Member
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/28 19:15:28 (permalink)
Any update EVGA? I think you may have lost a lot of your customer base, its the last day of the month tomorrow (well in japan anyways) and still nothing for ftw or classified. Not even a confirmed date. This is rather bothersome, going to have to order a Asus for my coworkers mobo soon...
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/28 19:51:04 (permalink)
seta8967
Any update EVGA? I think you may have lost a lot of your customer base, its the last day of the month tomorrow (well in japan anyways) and still nothing for ftw or classified. Not even a confirmed date. This is rather bothersome, going to have to order a Asus for my coworkers mobo soon...

I would not even wait. Speak with your wallet, or your clients wallet.

Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Captainquark
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/30 10:53:58 (permalink)
Yeah well, one customer more that you have lost. Just bought an Asrock Extreme 4, and loving it (so far) :-)

Seriously, that's just unprofessional and very disappointing.

Cheers,

One of the advantages of being a Captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it.
-- Kirk in 'Dagger of the Mind'
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/30 11:49:25 (permalink)
You should never expect EVGA to meet a release date except on GPU
masternewbie
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/30 14:31:54 (permalink)
CAxVIPER
You should never expect EVGA to meet a release date except on GPU

The thing is there have been several release dates, if you want to call them dates.   Just read through this thread.  There are at least four periods of time where EVGA staff said that the Z87s would release.  In July, a few weeks after July (and this is specifically for the Classified, since it's what I'm waiting for), in September, before the FTW (which is due in October).  It keeps getting pushed back and back.
seta8967
FTW Member
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/09/30 20:52:14 (permalink)
So told my coworker to order a asus motherboard to get the project started can't wait anymore he has games to play!
DeathBeDone
  • Total Posts : 22
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/10/01 13:40:31 (permalink)
Yeah, I could not wait anymore either and got an Asus Formula. I am really disappointed in the time taken by EVGA to release these boards. Especially because it should not take month and a half to fix c2 stepping. Sounds like EVGA is having other issues, which they are not informing us about.
Exteron
  • Total Posts : 13
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/10/01 19:25:13 (permalink)
I've gone so far so I even think about selling my EVGA GPU card and buy something else, the Company I once respected I have no respect at all from anymore, so here's one more lost custommer, for what I can see they work harder to get this Tegra Note crap out...why they even build a thing like that? That's not a thing I want from a company like this, now they just begin to be like ASUS and build all kinds of crap, so I won't buy anything from them anymore...was fun as long as it lasted, but here we go in different directions now
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/10/01 21:10:25 (permalink)
Exteron
I've gone so far so I even think about selling my EVGA GPU card and buy something else, the Company I once respected I have no respect at all from anymore, so here's one more lost custommer, for what I can see they work harder to get this Tegra Note crap out...why they even build a thing like that? That's not a thing I want from a company like this, now they just begin to be like ASUS and build all kinds of crap, so I won't buy anything from them anymore...was fun as long as it lasted, but here we go in different directions now

+1

Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re:Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/10/02 01:34:35 (permalink)
My guess is they want to make sure the mobo works like it should to avoid another x79 blunder. If i was in evga shoes that is what i would do.
_cyberdyne_
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
Re: Z87 motherboards release date? 2013/10/02 02:55:53 (permalink)
Got tired of waiting for these laggers months ago.. Going to skip EVGA's current alleged mobo offerings this time around.. Mabe next time if its ON TIME

post edited by _cyberdyne_ - 2013/10/02 03:03:55

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 11
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile